Christmas Lovers Thread-Grinches Stay Out

darthcoolness3

Sidekick
Reaction score
Who loves Christmas. Everyone loves Christmas except for those occasional Grinches that thinks Christmas is about kids bribing parents to get them free stuff each year.

Christmas is not about kids bribing parents for free stuff each year, Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ, our Everlasting Father.

You can post your Christmas Lists, Christmas Shopping Stories, Wrapping Stories, and other Christmas-related Stuff in this snowy thread of snowness.

Christmas is about money...

I love money....

I LOVE CHRISTAMS!!!!

:D:D:D

In all seriousness due to being so far from family (2000 miles away) my Christmas tradition involves a Chinese buffet.

I celebrate Christmas, though for me it's more a time to be with family, like Thanksgiving. I do my best to keep the Christ OUT of Christmas, at least for me.

In all seriousness due to being so far from family (2000 miles away) my Christmas tradition involves a Chinese buffet.

To be fair, Chinese food is delicious.

I love Christmas! My siblings come in from out of state, I get to see my aunts and uncles and cousins and whatnot all in one room, I get to hear people squeal when they open my gifts to them, I get to squeal when I get my own loot, the Christmas lights are pretty, there's a Doctor Who special, and the front office is closed at work.

Cons:

Christmas music.
Having to hear about the "war" on Christmas every damn year.
The shopping traffic.
My bank account dwindling under the weight of my gift giving generosity.
The post-Christmas blues.

My wife, daughter, and I went out to the "Southern Lights" display at the Kentucky Horse Park tonight....daughter got to see Santa, real reindeer, and ride a camel.

Do you have three waiters sing Christmas carols to you? :woot:

I'm trying to soak in as much of the season as is humanly possible. I'm always melancholy when it's over, even when I start celebrating 3 months early. :woot:

<Steps into thread, looks around. Quietly steps out...>

I'm trying to soak in as much of the season as is humanly possible. I'm always melancholy when it's over, even when I start celebrating 3 months early. :woot:
Lol same here. The day after Christmas is the worst

Thankfully, being 1200 miles away doesn't mean I don't get to see my family for the Holiday's. I fly home every year to spend a week for Christmas.

We are going into NYC to see the Tree and walk around. I can't wait.

Same here.I can usually keep it together through new years.After that,the blues set in.:csad:

I hate that the radio stations stop playing the Christmas music on Christmas.

I'd rather keep the mood going a week after Christmas,rather than start playing the stuff 3 weeks before Christmas.

You should take a step over to the Atheism forum HT, there's a discussion going on over there about this. As well as everyone else here trying to start ****.

Lets leave this to Xmas love!

6a00d8341c90b153ef019b028761e0970b-pi

My Oma used to make us sing "O Tannenbaum" before we got to open presents. No matter how hard I try, I can't forget it.

Does anyone have any favourite modern Christmas songs?

By modern I mean from the last 10 years.

Mine are

Kanye West - Christmas In Harlem
!!! (Chk Chk Chk) - Anyway It's Christmas
Julian Casablancas - I Wish It Was Christmas Today

My favorite one in the last 20 years is "All I want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey.

There, I said it.

Does anyone have any favourite modern Christmas songs?

By modern I mean from the last 10 years.

Mine are

Kanye West - Christmas In Harlem
!!! (Chk Chk Chk) - Anyway It's Christmas
Julian Casablancas - I Wish It Was Christmas Today

Not really.

I guess the soundtrack for The Muppet Christmas Carol if that counts.Some really lovely songs there,written by Paul Williams."It feels like Christmas" and "With a Thankful heart" are two of my favorites.

You know it's Christmas in my neighborhood where you see my house with light up reindeers in between a light up Yoda and Vader. :up:

You know it's Christmas in my neighborhood where you see my house with light up reindeers in between a light up Yoda and Vader. :up:

ha that's awesome. My Dad back home has put up the same lights/decorations since I can remember. We have a santa/frosty light up statues that we've had since I was born. I think if it changed I'd be really upset.

Same here.I can usually keep it together through new years.After that,the blues set in.:csad:

I think the big thing with the Post-Christmas/New Years blues is for most of the country the next two-three months are bitter cold and you can't do much but huddle inside and "hibernate". Pretty much every other holiday promises something better is coming, but after New Year's it's just cold, the days are short and you just don't want to do much.

Completely false.Christmas was set on DEC 25th to rival pagan feasts.That doesn't mean it shares "roots" with paganism.

I was done to take over and stamp out paganism, so it's roots are tied to paganism. Most of my Jr High friends weren't religious at all, but they all celebrated Christmas. For me, it's a time to spend with and enjoy family. I do go to church, but that's more because it's tied to my wife's Christmas Eve tradition which is more about family than anything because we go to the church her Aunt and Uncle are heavily involved in. Basically I think Christians stole the holiday from Pagans and everyone else/capitalism stole it from Christians. However, I think everyone should be free and encouraged to celebrate it there own way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"