Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

2h6hy4x.jpg

EPIC looking villain.

I'm so happy that Thor finally gets to have a strong villain that isn't Loki for once within the MCU.

He looks great in the trailer, though I'm not sure if he's gonna be a great villain.

Malekith is looking really cool! I wonder what his game is?

Can someone tell me how to pronounce Malekith the right way? I'm German and having problems with it.

I think he looks awesome in the Teaser Trailer. Looking forward to a "real" trailer.

Man, this is going to be the Lord of the Rings of Marvel films for sure!!

I remember when elves were suppose to be..cute with rosey cheeks.

This is only his second film. :woot:

Technically though, it's his third appearance.lol

I mean everyone else has had at least one other major villain to face.

1. Captain America has gone toe to toe with the Red Skull and Loki

2. Hulk has gone up against Ross, Abomination, and Loki

3. Iron Man has had the likes of the Iron Monger, Vanko, Loki, and now Mandarin/A.I.M to contend with.

Thor on the other hand mainly had Loki to deal with in both his previous solo film and in "The Avengers". I wouldn't really count Laufey as someone that he's had to deal with because they only shared one scene/sequence with each other and there were no real physical contact made between them.

Technically though, it's his third appearance.lol

I mean everyone else has had at least one other major villain to face.

1. Captain America has gone toe to toe with the Red Skull and Loki

2. Hulk has gone up against Ross, Abomination, and Loki

3. Iron Man has had the likes of the Iron Monger, Vanko, Loki, and now Mandarin/A.I.M to contend with.

Thor on the other hand mainly had Loki to deal with in both his previous solo film and in "The Avengers". I wouldn't really count Laufey as someone that he's had to deal with because they only shared one scene/sequence with each other and there were no real physical contact made between them.
At the same time no one has really had more drama related to their villain than Thor, and at least it was his villain that could come up with a threat that required The Avengers.

However I do agree with you that it's great to see a new villain for Thor. Both in order to see something new and in order to get a new dynamic between him and Loki, which remains a hugely interesting point for me.

I'm very excited to see Eccleston's performance. Personally I preferred his Doctor to Tennant's, but that's just me. He was one of the few bright spots to the first G.I. Joe.

Mjölnir;25683691 said:
At the same time no one has really had more drama related to their villain than Thor, and at least it was his villain that could come up with a threat that required The Avengers.

However I do agree with you that it's great to see a new villain for Thor. Both in order to see something new and in order to get a new dynamic between him and Loki, which remains a hugely interesting point for me.

The closest villain to Loki in any franchise is McKellum's magneto. Hiddleston has just taken that character to an all time high, and he will long be remembered for this role.

But yes, this movie had to have something else, and Malekith was the perfect choice. Plus the fact that his presence and magic have forced an alliance between Thor and Loki makes this film all the more epic.

The closest villain to Loki in any franchise is McKellum's magneto. Hiddleston has just taken that character to an all time high, and he will long be remembered for this role.

But yes, this movie had to have something else, and Malekith was the perfect choice. Plus the fact that his presence and magic have forced an alliance between Thor and Loki makes this film all the more epic.
I agree, it's only Magneto that can compete and in terms of chemistry Magneto and Xavier can compare to Loki and Thor.

That makes me yet again become sad that Fantastic Four was so bad. Loki, Magneto and Dr. Doom are my three favorite villains. Then again, if I can actually get two of my favorites extremely well casted (Fassbender is also great as Magneto imo) I guess I can live with one being massacred.

Mjölnir;25684099 said:
I agree, it's only Magneto that can compete and in terms of chemistry Magneto and Xavier can compare to Loki and Thor.

That makes me yet again become sad that Fantastic Four was so bad. Loki, Magneto and Dr. Doom are my three favorite villains. Then again, if I can actually get two of my favorites extremely well casted (Fassbender is also great as Magneto imo) I guess I can live with one being massacred.

I think McMahon might have made a great Dr. Doom, I really liked him in Nip Tuck, and when he was on charmed. I think the character of Doom was written so poorly that he was hamstrung in what he could have done. It was really sad. There are moments when you see how good it might have been, diluded by massive face palm moments of "Marco....Polo", or "let's go for a spin!"

I sincerely hope when they do the reboot, they get people on it who are serious about doing the character right. It's like the people on the first film tried to make an amalgamation of Norman Osborne and Doom, and it totally failed.

I think the way Magneto and Loki were written with subtlety and multiple layers of complexity, are exactly what are needed for Doom.

At one time the FF movies were a bit of a guilty pleasure, because I loved those books as a kid, but now I can't watch them at all, after all the Marvel Studio films came out, and are light years better.

just to be clear...that was Eccleston as Malekith speaking towards the end of the trailer right? If so, he sounds pretty chilling to me.

I was a bit worried they'd go over the top with him.

just to be clear...that was Eccleston as Malekith speaking towards the end of the trailer right? If so, he sounds pretty chilling to me.

I was a bit worried they'd go over the top with him.

Considering that the comic-book version was basically an 80s glam rocker elf wizard? Yeah, they definitely could've gone over the top. :yay:

I think Loki will, as always, be the most fascinating villain to watch here, but Ecc seems to be bringing a quiet menace to the role of Malekith. Which is good. (Still can't wait to see AAA as Kurse.)

But I can't help but wonder if the alleged comic-book "purists" will come crawling out of the woodwork again to wail and moan and gnash their teeth about re-envisioning Malekith the same way some of them are for Mandarin in IM3. :whatever:

Considering that the comic-book version was basically an 80s glam rocker elf wizard? Yeah, they definitely could've gone over the top. :yay:

I think Loki will, as always, be the most fascinating villain to watch here, but Ecc seems to be bringing a quiet menace to the role of Malekith. Which is good. (Still can't wait to see AAA as Kurse.)

But I can't help but wonder if the alleged comic-book "purists" will come crawling out of the woodwork again to wail and moan and gnash their teeth about re-envisioning Malekith the same way some of them are for Mandarin in IM3. :whatever:

it'll be the opposite! they will complain Mal got a power boost while in IM3 they complain about the rings not being magical

dvbypOA.gif

Then baby said
Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
Put that baby spell on me
Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)
Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members