Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

which means the greenwhich stuff probably happens later in the film

Is he suppose to be a goblin?

that's funny,'cause i was & still thinking the same,since he have the closely exact appearance/look & the eccentricity to play him,well i've got the conclusion that he could be a great successor to willem dafoe (his performance as both normie & gobby was fantastic,the only bad thing was that cheesy power ranger villain'like look).

MALEKITH (CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON)

Malekith is the cruel leader of the Dark Elves, a race of beings said to be older than the universe itself.
Born into darkness, Malekith led his people in a war against the Asgardians, but they were thought to have been destroyed thousands of years ago. Malekith survived, however, and now seeks to transform our universe, plunging it back into eternal darkness.

MALEKITH (CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON)

Malekith is the cruel leader of the Dark Elves, a race of beings said to be older than the universe itself.
Born into darkness, Malekith led his people in a war against the Asgardians, but they were thought to have been destroyed thousands of years ago. Malekith survived, however, and now seeks to transform our universe, plunging it back into eternal darkness.

Time OUT! Time for a good chuckle, lets look at the avengers threat, and the heros of phase 2 and their threats

Avengers 1: Loki Threatens to take over the world
Iron Man 3: A world Wide Terrorist movement
The Winter Soldier: A political, probably world Wide conspiracy type thriller
Thor: Trying to stop an enemy from plunging the entire universe into darkness

Never mind on screen feats, i think the scale of the villainy is more than enough to let us know Thor is the top dog. This is the largest threat of the MCU yet, and it's in a Thor freaking solo movie.

Time OUT! Time for a good chuckle, lets look at the avengers threat, and the heros of phase 2 and their threats

Avengers 1: Loki Threatens to take over the world
Iron Man 3: A world Wide Terrorist movement
The Winter Soldier: A political, probably world Wide conspiracy type thriller
Thor: Trying to stop an enemy from plunging the entire universe into darkness

Never mind on screen feats, i think the scale of the villainy is more than enough to let us know Thor is the top dog. This is the largest threat of the MCU yet, and it's in a Thor freaking solo movie.

Agreed :highfive:

The Dark Elves pose a far greater threat than any other MCU villains even Loki and The Chitauri and that was an AVENGERS film. Let's just hope Thor's battle with them matches their threat level in size, scope, and intensity.

People are surprised that Thor is the most powerful character, I thought that was obvious. Of course he'll face the most epic threat, we'll at least until GOTG comes along, we don't know how big the threat will be there yet.

I think the thing is that we have not seen Thor go up against a threat of magical properties that he can't muscle his way past. I am supposing that Malekith has magic expertise in spades?

People are surprised that Thor is the most powerful character, I thought that was obvious. Of course he'll face the most epic threat, we'll at least until GOTG comes along, we don't know how big the threat will be there yet.

Even in GOTG I don't think the threat is going to be bigger than the universe, especially since Thanos isn't the villain. As a matter of fact I don't think there will be a bigger threat than Thor 2's until Thor 3 and Avenger 3.

Even in GOTG I don't think the threat is going to be bigger than the universe, especially since Thanos isn't the villain. As a matter of fact I don't think there will be a bigger threat than Thor 2's until Thor 3 and Avenger 3.
It is starting to seem more and more likely that Thanos is playing with galactic forces in GotG.

And I'd hold up on the threat level. After all, the Age of Ultron is coming. Ultron.

It is starting to seem more and more likely that Thanos is playing with galactic forces in GotG.

And I'd hold up on the threat level. After all, the Age of Ultron is coming. Ultron.

For all we know, Ultron could pull what he tried to pull in Annihilation Conquest lol Maybe he'll try to enslave the universe and rid it of all biological life

But it's been confirmed that Thanos is not a main character in GOTG, so he's not going to be the actual "threat".

For all we know, Ultron could pull what he tried to pull in Annihilation Conquest lol Maybe he'll try to enslave the universe and rid it of all biological life

I can pretty much guarantee that's not going to happen, espescially since Joss promised a smaller more personal story. Besides Ultron works better as a threat to mankind not a universal threat which is why he's traditionally depicted that way more often.

Last edited:
If they want another cosmic threat, just use Kang, he would work.

But it's been confirmed that Thanos is not a main character in GOTG, so he's not going to be the actual "threat".

I can pretty much guarantee that's not going to happen, espescially since Joss promised a smaller more personal story. Besides Ultron works better as a threat to mankind not a universal threat which is why he's traditionally depicted that way more often.

Nothing has been confirmed about Thanos, other than that he will have "much more than a turn around and smirk" role, and that depsite Ronan being the main villain, Thanos is there as a character, overshadowing the whole thing. may not have "the most screen time", but if anyone thinks that he won't have a MASSIVE presence in the movie, I think they are wrong.

As for Ultron, well Joss said more personal, in terms of characterization, but the scale of the movie is suppose to be huge, Joss said it's a globe wide film

Nothing has been confirmed about Thanos, other than that he will have "much more than a turn around and smirk" role, and that depsite Ronan being the main villain, Thanos is there as a character, overshadowing the whole thing. may not have "the most screen time", but if anyone thinks that he won't have a MASSIVE presence in the movie, I think they are wrong.

As for Ultron, well Joss said more personal, in terms of characterization, but the scale of the movie is suppose to be huge, Joss said it's a globe wide film

Well we can pretty much tell where he's coming from by saying "more than a turn around and a smirk". I never said he wasn't gonna have a big presence, but the fact that he's not a main villain means the threat won't be coming from him.

That's all I'm saying, nothing more nothing less and as for the Ultron remark the film being on a global scale doesn't mean Ultron is going to be a universal threat..

Well we can pretty much tell where he's coming from by saying "more than a turn around and a smirk". I never said he wasn't gonna have a big presence, but the fact that he's not a main villain means the threat won't be coming from him.

That's all I'm saying, nothing more nothing less and as for the Ultron remark the film being on a global scale doesn't mean Ultron is going to be a universal threat..

The main threat actually will be coming from him. But indirectly :oldrazz: Ronan is the main villain, and he has been confirmed to be working for Thanos, and we also know Ronan turns "good" at the end of the movie.

I honestly really think that Thanos is going to have more screen time in that movie than what people think. I think he may have a few lines through out the movie, but the final act of the movie, I think he will have a lot of screen time, in like...the last 10-20 minutes of the movie.

The main threat actually will be coming from him. But indirectly :oldrazz: Ronan is the main villain, and he has been confirmed to be working for Thanos, and we also know Ronan turns "good" at the end of the movie.

I honestly really think that Thanos is going to have more screen time in that movie than what people think. I think he may have a few lines through out the movie, but the final act of the movie, I think he will have a lot of screen time, in like...the last 10-20 minutes of the movie.

Let's not split hairs here, in that case the main threat came from Thanos in The Avengers. Yeah this is true but that has no weight on GOTG's threat level bring universal, I think it's going to be "galactic level" but not universal.

I agree that Thanos is probably going to have a few lines and a decent amount of screen time, threat more the better. I'm not too fond of Roman turning good at the end though, I want Thor to get a crack at him when The Avenger eventually link up with the GOTG. :(

I'm not too fond of Ronan turning good at the end though, I want Thor to get a crack at him when The Avenger eventually link up with the GOTG. :(

While I'm not a fan of rehashed 'misunderstood' fights, maybe word of his conversion to goodness doesn't reach far and when Thor meets him, he thinks he's still facing a bad guy and takes him out?

Wrong forum I know but......
If Drax is the guy designed to take out Thanos, but Thor can take out Drax.... How is Thanos then tougher than Thor? I know he is, just the Drax part confusing me...

Unless Thanos is just allergic to Drax or something :woot:

While I'm not a fan of rehashed 'misunderstood' fights, maybe word of his conversion to goodness doesn't reach far and when Thor meets him, he thinks he's still facing a bad guy and takes him out?

Wrong forum I know but......
If Drax is the guy designed to take out ThaThnos, but Thor can take out Drax.... How is Thanos then tougher than Thor? I know he is, just the Drax part confusing me...

Unless Thanos is just allergic to Drax or something :woot:

That would make sense due to Thor basically being a cosmic character and all, plus the fact that he stays near earth so much could be why he's late on Ronan's change. I'm not a fan of misunderstood fights either but it's all in the execution.

Yeah Thanos is still tougher than Drax it's just that Drax is basically his weakness or "foil" if you will. He'd still beat Drax in 9/10 fights, but Drax does have that 1/10 chance to put Thanos down.

Last edited:
On a very basic level that would mean Thor has a chance to put Thanos down.... Which I didn't think was true?

On a very basic level that would mean Thor has a chance to put Thanos down.... Which I didn't think was true?

No it means Drax was created specifically to kill Thanos, it's doesn't have any bearing on his fights with others. Sometimes when Drax gets close to Thanks he glows with this cool looking aura.

Thanos went amusingly toe to toe with an insane Thor who was wielding the power gem. Generally, Thanos can put Thor down. Thor can give him a decent fight, but Thanos will put him down every time. If Odin couldn't keep Thanos down after pounding on him for 13 issues (despite bein the clear superior, mind you), then Thor doesn't have much, besides a godblast, and antiforce blast that can even hurt him. He's too durable for anyone on Surfer's, Thor's, Hulk's, Nova's etc level

Thanos went amusingly toe to toe with an insane Thor who was wielding the power gem. Generally, Thanos can put Thor down. Thor can give him a decent fight, but Thanos will put him down every time.

Actually I don't think I've ever seen Thanos put Thor down, the only thing I've seen him is freeze him using that wierd gun. I'm not saying he can't put Thor, but I think Thanos being your favorite villain makes you over sell him a bit. Yes Thanos is a good bit more powerful than Thor, but overtime I've seen them fight Thor always put up a good fight.

Now I don't want to go back and forth about this so just cut to the chase and post scans of Thanos beating Thor down. And I don't mean scans of Thanos withstanding Thor's blows because I get that he's ultra durable but I want to see him offensive pummel Thor on more than one occasion.

As awesome as Thor is, and he is, I don't want him to be a threat to Thanos by himself. Thanos is supposed to be the biggest badass in the universe, so it should take EVERYONE just to slow him down a little.

Let's not split hairs here, in that case the main threat came from Thanos in The Avengers. Yeah this is true but that has no weight on GOTG's threat level bring universal, I think it's going to be "galactic level" but not universal.

I agree that Thanos is probably going to have a few lines and a decent amount of screen time, threat more the better. I'm not too fond of Roman turning good at the end though, I want Thor to get a crack at him when The Avenger eventually link up with the GOTG. :(

Me too, that's a long time in the future though :csad:

Actually I don't think I've ever seen Thanos put Thor down, the only thing I've seen him is freeze him using that wierd gun. I'm not saying he can't put Thor, but I think Thanos being your favorite villain makes you over sell him a bit. Yes Thanos is a good bit more powerful than Thor, but overtime I've seen them fight Thor always put up a good fight.

Now I don't want to go back and forth about this so just cut to the chase and post scans of Thanos beating Thor down. And I don't mean scans of Thanos withstanding Thor's blows because I get that he's ultra durable but I want to see him offensive pummel Thor on more than one occasion.

Actually, He never has put Thor down, that's a fact.. For sure. The thing is though dude, every time Thor has fought Thanos, he has been powered up with some type of articfact, iirc. He fought with two artifacts an apparent re-continued Thanos' clone, (Starlin decided to make it a clone, since he was probably unhappy with the Story, but it was Thanos, screw that) So it's tough to say..which is why my conclusion was by Thanos' feats, not by any of their particular fights. Sorry for not making that clear.

But Thanos has killed the silver surfer in 7 punches, not sure if you've seen that one, but he killed him. He also one shot a former herald of Galactus.

It really is tough to say, cause I think Thor is more versatile than Thanos, Thanos is just too durable to really be hurt, which is why I think he'd wear him down, physically. Have you read all of Blood and Thunder? Thor was insane, blood lusted, and he had the power gem as well. He toreeeee through Bill, Surfer, the Infinity Watch, and it was freakin awesome to see Thor destroy a small planetoid thing as collateral from Striking bill so hard.

Don't forget, the Thor that Thanos froze with that gun, was the one who had the power gem, and tore through Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Strange, The Infinity Watch, without even really being hurt. He was a monster. Took out the Surfer in two attacks. This Thor was very amped, and he and Thanos brawled evenly until Thanos "grew weary", the fact that Thanos physically went toe to toe with a psychotic Thor, who had the power gem, is what lead me to conclude that under their own power, with no power ups, he'd physically take down Thor.

In terms off offensive power, it's tough, cause Thor holds back A LOT. I think he is honestly more powerful than the Silver Surfer. I don't care that Bill and the Surfer Held back. Holding back doesn't make you less durable, and Thor almost killed Beta Ray bill in a few shots.

Thor going all out (all his powers, to maximum extent) is probably closer, offensively to Thanos than it appears, in fact, I would say they are probably relatively close. But I think Thanos is physically superior, and his durability, and his mind, is what would give him a large advantage over Thor.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"