Chuck Norris Sues,Says His Tears Are No Cancer Cure

I feel bad for any jury that tries to rule against him. :csad:

Good for Chuck! I've read a few of those so-called "facts" on the Internet, and some of them get pretty sick. Why anyone would associate Chuck with degrading or illegal activity is beyond me.

Satire is the greatest form of flattery...the man is lucky that people, especially kids our age(teens and college kids) even know who he is. He is an internet star but alas I hope he isn't reading this because I really don't want to die right before Christmas. Roundhouse kicks are especially nasty.

I just can't believe Chuck thinking people would believe these facts.Blew my mind when I read that.

悪魔天;13610448 said:
I just can't believe Chuck thinking people would believe these facts.Blew my mind when I read that.
You don't believe them:huh: :csad:

thank you akuma for translating your username in your signature

Good for Chuck! I've read a few of those so-called "facts" on the Internet, and some of them get pretty sick. Why anyone would associate Chuck with degrading or illegal activity is beyond me.

Pull the stick from your butt. It is satire. Besides, my guess is the only reason Norris is bothering to sue is because he wants to capitalize on this some how. After all, he had no problem using these "facts" in the Mike Huckabee ad.

Chuck Norris doesn't "sue". He "takes".

i thought he loved all those jokes.

but i guess some went to far... i don't think I've heard any of the bad one.

Pull the stick from your butt. It is satire. Besides, my guess is the only reason Norris is bothering to sue is because he wants to capitalize on this some how. After all, he had no problem using these "facts" in the Mike Huckabee ad.

That's the first thought I had. What depths of hypocrisy, Chuck?

jag

That's the first thought I had. What depths of hypocrisy, Chuck?

jag

Like I said, he is probably looking to cash in on it, himself. Remember what the Goldman's pulled? Went through all that effort to keep O.J.'s "If I Did It" book off the shelves, only to then buy the rights and publish it themselves.

Some of you are just begging for a roundhouse for Christmas. :down

Like I said, he is probably looking to cash in on it, himself.

Then he should have written his own damn book on the topic. He would have made a fortune.

jag

Damn, Chuck. This is stupid. :dry:

Chuck is so going to whoop this guy's, the jury's, and the judge's ass. :o

Then he should have written his own damn book on the topic. He would have made a fortune.

jag

But why go through the effort? He can pull what the Goldman's did. Get an injunction against publication, then buy the useless rights to the book which can't be published for piss cheap and publish it himself and laugh as the money rolls in.

At first I was going to bash chuck, but he DOES deserve royalties.

But why go through the effort? He can pull what the Goldman's did. Get an injunction against publication, then buy the useless rights to the book which can't be published for piss cheap and publish it himself and laugh as the money rolls in.

I find that sort of thing tasteless and disgusting. Particularly from someone like Chuck who, in all honesty, really doesn't need the money. Royalties are one thing, but where you took it and even where it's already headed I just find deplorable.

jag

I feel it isn't about the facts as much as they published the book without his permission, and he has legal and moral grounds to sue these guys. An internet fad's funny, publishing a book (thereby making money off it) is ridiculous. Somebody else is making money off his name. He has every right to sue.

Yeah I don't think he actually believes that the book would mislead anyone, just the fact that people are more or less using him to make money without his consent. That isn't being hypocritical. Satire or not, it isn't right. Saying it is really just satire and should be flattering for him is just a weak defense against basically using his name and likeness to make money without permission.

I feel it isn't about the facts as much as they published the book without his permission, and he has legal and moral grounds to sue these guys. An internet fad's funny, publishing a book (thereby making money off it) is ridiculous. Somebody else is making money off his name. He has every right to sue.

Yeah I don't think he actually believes that the book would mislead anyone, just the fact that people are more or less using him to make money without his consent. That isn't being hypocritical. Satire or not, it isn't right.

Framed that way, I could understand why he's not happy about the book. It'll be an interesting case if only to see how the current laws that protect satire hold up.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"