Cindy Sheehan has really lost her mind.

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by War Lord, Apr 13, 2006.

1. raybia Signing off

As a parent my heart goes out to Cindy Sheehan. I cannot imagine the grief that she is suffering.

I also can understand her feeling about the Bush Adminstration and our role in Iraq.

If she is using her suffering as a way to fuel her efforts to speak out about the wrongs of the U.S. Government, then I have to commend her for doing what all American should be doing anyway.

Only she knows what her true motives are but I'' give her the benefit of doubt.

To all of her critics, my advise for her would be, "F*** em! Keep doing what you feel in right."

To those who think she has lost her mind, I think she is one of the few that actually has a mind. The majority of Americans mind's are being controlled as we are indifferent and apathic about the state of our Union, foriegn policy, and the suffering of people, but we get really excited about the next episode of American Idol, Survival, and whats playing at the Multiplex.

A country of sheep being led to slaughter.

2. roach I am the night

Obviously you are against the war...so let me put it to you like this. What if you go to an antiwar rally and lets say you get arrested. You are thrown in jail and while you are there your Mom or Dad use you as a rallying cry to continue what we are doing in Iraq. How would you feel????

3. raybia Signing off

I depends on whether they bailed me out of jail first.

4. roach I am the night

no they did not....in fact they have tshirts made up of you behind bars with a pro war slogan on it

5. raybia Signing off

Well, now I'm pissed. Do you know what they do to heterosexually guys like me in jail?

6. roach I am the night

the words "Toss" and "Salad" come to mind

7. raybia Signing off

Exactly.

8. Man-Thing Registered

or you could walk/bike/take the bus.

The object of any company is to make profit, and that isn't a bad thing.:up:

9. Man-Thing Registered

and once again you missed the point.

I am not saying it is a infringment of my "right to privacy" to have her come on tv, I'm saying it would be just as silly for me to say that if she is to be unreproachable for her actions or words.

She isn't immune to anyone's criticizim.

10. Man-Thing Registered

No, your post was a critique of what some right wingers said of her book signing and that being "no one showed up". I didn't say no one showed up, and since you quoted me, you attributed my post to saying something it didn't.

11. sinewave Registered

you know, i get really sick of this mindset. weren't we told by the bush administration after 9/11 that we should go about our lives as if 9/11 didn't happen to prove to terrorists that they can't make us live our lives in fear? now we've got the president abusing his power to reduce our civil rights and privacy all in the name of protecting us against terrorists. frankly, if we have to give up some of our freedoms to fight these terrorists then they've already won before they've even had a chance to strike again. we need to quit living in fear and allowing this administration to scare us into giving up our freedoms just to try and stop something that may or may not happen anyway. f**k neo-cons, f**k bush and f**k whoever bows down to him and his fearmongering cohorts. i'm sick of it!

12. raybia Signing off

I totally agree with you. We are in the Matrix.

However we have to be like Neo in that we realize that something is wrong with the world and fight to do something about it rather that just living in our own little personal world oblivous to everything thats happening.

13. sinewave Registered

look, i know you're a big matrix fan, but please, drop the analogy. it's getting tiring. :)

14. raybia Signing off

I know, but the social commentary of that movie is just so relevent its scary.

How about I start using V for Vendetta instead?:O

15. sinewave Registered

there we go. at least that one is a little more current and still very much a relevent comparison. :up: :)

16. Mr Sparkle Registered

LOL, by your logic, it seems you "attributed" your post with some unwanted message.

17. raybia Signing off

Alright!