Civil War Civil War merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got the Black Panther and Winter Soldier funkos today. Every store I went to seem to be sold out of those

I finally got the Black Panther and Winter Soldier funkos today. Every store I went to seem to be sold out of those
I'd be broke if I got all of the pops. For ME it's mostly Thor and Shield pops

So what's the deal with the absolute lack of anything Spider-Man merch from Civil War? Do you guys think that Sony isn't allowing Disney/Marvel to do that? Because I was under the impression that Disney owns the merchandising rights to the character. I even saw Amazing Spider-Man 2 stuff in the Disney store two years ago. What gives of the lack of Spider-Man merch from Civil War?

So what's the deal with the absolute lack of anything Spider-Man merch from Civil War? Do you guys think that Sony isn't allowing Disney/Marvel to do that? Because I was under the impression that Disney owns the merchandising rights to the character. I even saw Amazing Spider-Man 2 stuff in the Disney store two years ago. What gives of the lack of Spider-Man merch from Civil War?

Yeah, it's really annoying me. I don't know how much of it is due to the Marvel-Sony agreement, but I hate how all these sets of characters exclude Spidey.

I'm ready to spend some bucks on Spidey merch, why is none available?!!
:huh:

I posted this earlier in the thread Hunter :cwink::oldrazz:

Whoops. :O I'd been hoping they do a Cap vs Iron Man statue set like they did with Hulk vs Hulkbuster and Batman vs Superman, but I didn't realize they'd announced it until I saw them up for pre-order in my FP newsletter last night.

I hope Koto make a Spidey statue of this image!

Yeah, it's really annoying me. I don't know how much of it is due to the Marvel-Sony agreement, but I hate how all these sets of characters exclude Spidey.

I'm ready to spend some bucks on Spidey merch, why is none available?!!
:huh:

I explained this earlier in the thread. Chances are toymakers were not given enough lead time.

Toys are not quick to make, as they require time to make molds and prototypes, as well as solicitation to the stores. Most companies got the designs for all the other heroes last year at the latest, and Spider-Man presumably wasn't among them.

As I said several pages ago, all the stuff that is out right now or will be out in a few weeks? We've known about it months in advance.

I explained this earlier in the thread. Chances are toymakers were not given enough lead time.

Toys are not quick to make, as they require time to make molds and prototypes, as well as solicitation to the stores. Most companies got the designs for all the other heroes last year at the latest, and Spider-Man presumably wasn't among them.

As I said several pages ago, all the stuff that is out right now or will be out in a few weeks? We've known about it months in advance.

I guess that makes sense why CW Spider-Man stuff isn't out there, but given that it is by far the top selling cbm character, I would imagine there should be molds that would allow for some things to be sold with updated paint job. I think it's been over a year since they've known he would be in this movie.

At the very least, they could do like Kenner did with the original Star Wars, and tease upcoming toys and figs with outlined photos and "coming soon" type teases. Making no mention that there is anything forthcoming like such a wasted opportunity for what looks to be a merchandising bonanza.

By the time Spider-Man stuff hits shelves (if they do), the movie may not even be in theaters anymore.

I guess that makes sense why CW Spider-Man stuff isn't out there, but given that it is by far the top selling cbm character, I would imagine there should be molds that would allow for some things to be sold with updated paint job. I think it's been over a year since they've known he would be in this movie.

So far his costume differs from the previous Spider-Man suits in more than just paint job, which means it would take more time to make the molds.

By the time Spider-Man stuff hits shelves (if they do), the movie may not even be in theaters anymore.

That's not uncommon with these sorts of things. We're still getting Age of Ultron toys a year later.

Last edited:
So far his costume differs from the previous Spider-Man suits in more than just paint job, which means it would take more time to make the molds.

That's not uncommon with these sorts of things. We're still getting Age of Ultron toys from some figures.

True. But as an impatient and eager collector, I hope they get the CW Spider-Man stuff out sooner rather than later. Can't wait to see what Hot Toys comes up with. :drl:

The Falcon and Bucky two-pack

sr0dNP4.png

kauKmG5.png

BZ1Ul3V.png

O0zcPA4.png

qgVzBZL.png

V9XixGI.png

Bonus

13001111_1057195540993079_5976846819963791218_n.jpg

Last edited:

At the very least, they could do like Kenner did with the original Star Wars, and tease upcoming toys and figs with outlined photos and "coming soon" type teases. Making no mention that there is anything forthcoming like such a wasted opportunity for what looks to be a merchandising bonanza.

Well at the earliest I wouldn't be surprised to see spidey toys be here by next year with his movie.

The Falcon and Bucky two-pac

sr0dNP4.png

kauKmG5.png

BZ1Ul3V.png

O0zcPA4.png

qgVzBZL.png

V9XixGI.png

Bonus

13001111_1057195540993079_5976846819963791218_n.jpg

What is the size of these action figures? I'm tempted to buy them so I can recreate the airport scene.

Whoops. :O I'd been hoping they do a Cap vs Iron Man statue set like they did with Hulk vs Hulkbuster and Batman vs Superman, but I didn't realize they'd announced it until I saw them up for pre-order in my FP newsletter last night.

Would love a Spidey statue. Are you getting both the BvS and CW statues?

Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back