Civil War Civil War Rotten Tomatoes Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this movie tanking with the reviewers? That's the vibe I'm getting from all your posts in this thread lately. sheesh

I don't think the Infinity War movies will be well received... If they think Civil War is stuffed wait until those two movies come out. I can already see the "overstuffed" criticism now. Anything above 80% on those would be phenomenal.

The key is making Thanos a compelling villain, something admittedly they aren't the greatest at. He can't just be another boring Ronan/Apocalypse/Malekith "wants to destroy everything" character that has no dimension.

Is this movie tanking with the reviewers? That's the vibe I'm getting from all your posts in this thread lately. sheesh

Nah we're nitpicking the critics (possible)agenda driven nitpicks.

I'm more impressed some of you saved screen grabs of RT scores from older films at certain points in time, that's some serious documenting right there :funny:

Fine the movie is not for him, but the criticism that Marvel is bragging about how many characters they have to DC sounds like someone projecting his own biases onto the film.

Ironically it was DCEU's recent movie which did their best trying to cram as many cameos in as possible

That's the thing, they don't have problems with movies like X-men, Fast and Furious to have so many useless characters, some of which don't even have a line to speak, but when Marvel does it and uses them well then it's 'overstuffed'

I like that the positive reviews range from "eh, it was okay" to "best superhero movie ever." Should make for interesting debate here on the hype.

I like that the positive reviews range from "eh, it was okay" to "best superhero movie ever." Should make for interesting debate here on the hype.

Not really. First having seen the movie it IS one of the best cbms of all time.

Second every cbm gets response like that. Go to the RT pages of the most acclaimed cbms of the past years from Avengers to DOFP and GotG and you will see plenty of 2.5/4 or 7/10. Not every reviewer is invested in the genre so even the most well-made cbm will just be "ok" to him.

There is no superhero movie with only 9/10 and 8/10 reviews.

Not really. First having seen the movie it IS one of the best cbms of all time.

Second every cbm gets response like that. Go to the RT pages of the most acclaimed cbms of the past years from Avengers to DOFP and GotG and you will see plenty of 2.5/4 or 7/10. Not every reviewer is invested in the genre so even the most well-made cbm will just be "ok" to him.

There is no superhero movie with only 9/10 and 8/10 reviews.
Not entirely true. Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight both garnered raves and legitimate awards discussion. I know comic fans hate the term "transcend" but for some moviegoers and critics those two movies broke them out of their "Bleh, just a dumb comic book movie" bubble.

Fun fact: I've got lots of time for aaaaaaall kinds of comic adaptations.

That transcend list is like what 5? Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, TDK, Avengers?

Not entirely true. Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight both garnered raves and legitimate awards discussion. I know comic fans hate the term "transcend" but for some moviegoers and critics those two movies broke them out of their "Bleh, just a dumb comic book movie" bubble.

Fun fact: I've got lots of time for aaaaaaall kinds of comic adaptations.

Ummm even those movies got negative or just ok reviews. My point still stands. The majority of CW reviews are 4/5 or 5/5. That's not ok, it's great. hence the 94% rating.

Stop the freaking presses!!! Zacharek liked it??? Also The guy from Miami newspaper liked it.

Another rotten added. Called it a really long trailer for Spider-Man.

Another Top Critic positive vote added too. Fort Worth Star-Telegram

I live in the UK and let me tell you, The Metro HATES comic book movies. TDK is one of the few CBM they gave a strong score to. I think The Metro wishes the superhero genre would just go away and are doing their bit to hurry it along.

I was on the bus on Friday and Metro had a 5/5 star Civil War review.
So I assume somebody else posted the review

If Zacarak likes it, its gotta be great. Shes a critic I wouldnt expect to hear that from.

Thursday can't come soon enough. Can't wait to see this.

There been a few critics I thought would like it, and then a few I thought wouldn't. This movie needs to go on a streak of 40 straight positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"