Civil War Civil War Rotten Tomatoes Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. That review I mentioned earlier on TWS has been changed to positive. Back to 89%.

Bad news. Another negative incoming for CW. Can't see it yet.

Another laughable one.

Apparently Civil War was just a long trailer for the new Spider-Man movie

109-9 now 93% and 7.9 average

Obviously people have different tastes and whatnot but that first rotten review, which was admittedly fabricated disingenuously underscores the imperfections of life; if something or someone is so vehemently loved there's always going to be at least one person deliberately being a contrary just because. The world is full of haters and people will hate but the track record, critically, artistically and without a doubt financially will see this film as a classic. Everything is fine. We can afford the negativity because they're ineffective.

Here come the haters. Also, "A long trailer for the next Spider-Man film" only makes me want to see this a million times more.

I saw some goof acting relieved because someone actually didnt like it on Twitter. Like: Finally! Thanks for dissing the movie!

WTF? Weirdos

Slant Magazine was the 9th Negative. Meanwhile Vanity Fair and another added 2 more positives.

I saw some goof acting relieved because someone actually didnt like it on Twitter. Like: Finally! Thanks for dissing the movie!

WTF? Weirdos

Yeah. Personally, it baffles me that someone would want a movie to get lambasted. I mean, even bad movies take an unimaginable amount of effort to make; it's fine not to like it, but actively enjoying seeing its fans get disappointed is asinine. These people must be great at parties.

Note: This isn't the same as liking a review, positive or negative, because it reflects your opinion. It's perfectly good to want some validation (or just knowing someone else thinks like you). What I mean is phrases like the above tweet "Thanks for dissing the movie", as if that were something remotely worthy of being happy about.

I'm at the stage now where I don't really care about the rt score anymore!

However I must say this movie deserves to be in the 90s..Anything less would be a huge misjudge!

I love the spanish review that says it's "just a big trailer for the next Spider-man"

Like, did you not pay attention to the rest of the movie?
Or are you so obsessed with Spider-man that that's all you took away from it??

So, any chance of the score increasing again from 92%? I really hope it doesn't fall below 85%.

I'm at the stage now where I don't really care about the rt score anymore!

However I must say this movie deserves to be in the 90s..Anything less would be a huge misjudge!

Not misjudged but outright spite.

Its still at 93%, which is still EXTREMELY good.

Hopefully I can make time to see it this weekend.

I don't see what would be more important. :huh:

So there are def people out there that want things to fail even if theyre really great.

One of the rotten reviews' score is 2.5/4... When you convert it to 10, it'll be 6.25... Isn't that supposed to be fresh... I might be wrong... Jus a curiosity...!!!

One of the rotten reviews' score is 2.5/4... When you convert it to 10, it'll be 6.25... Isn't that supposed to be fresh... I might be wrong... Jus a curiosity...!!!

Reviewers pick fresh or rotten when submitting their reviews.

I love the spanish review that says it's "just a big trailer for the next Spider-man"

Like, did you not pay attention to the rest of the movie?
Or are you so obsessed with Spider-man that that's all you took away from it??
Spidey is in this for a matter of minutes across 2 scenes and the rest of the film is nothing to do with him. What was this guy doing during the remaining 2 hours? If he's going to review the film surely he should watch all of it.

@GiteshPandya:
Liked #CaptainAmericaCivilWar. But towards end it did feel like superhero overload. And not crazy about newest incarnation of Spidey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"