Clone Wars Clone Wars Saved

I'm watching Clone Wars for the first time, currently on season 4. But holy crap did this trailer get me excited. Not just for this new season, but for the rest of Clone Wars and to watch Rebels.

Since we're probably going to see some of Order 66 and events in ROTS from new perspectives I really hope we finally get to see Anakin's assault on the Jedi Temple. Itd be cool if some of it was intercut with Ahsoka's fight with Maul and escape from Mandalore.

I'd also like to see the moment that Obi saw on the Jedi Temple's security footage of Anakin kneeling to Sidious and being told he did well.
Agreed. I'd love to see more of Order 66 from the perspective of the Clones too. I always found Cody just following it so heartbreaking after watching CW :(

Gosh, i didnt realize how much i loved and missed this show until i saw that trailer a million times, and i still dont get tired of seeing it. This is exactly what i needed as a SW fan :D

I'm watching through Clone Wars for the first time -- do y'all think I should watch Rebels before season 7, since it aired first? Or power through season 7 before getting to Rebels?

I'm watching through Clone Wars for the first time -- do y'all think I should watch Rebels before season 7, since it aired first? Or power through season 7 before getting to Rebels?

Season 7 is decades before the events of Rebels. And some Clone Wars character's fates are revealed in Rebels. That could lessen the tension of Season 7.

Season 7 is decades before the events of Rebels. And some Clone Wars character's fates are revealed in Rebels. That could lessen the tension of Season 7.

Thanks. That's why I'm leaning toward doing season 7 before Rebels. But I know characters from Clone Wars show up in Rebels. So the pay off of seeing them in Rebels, and then "backtracking" to show how they got to where they are in Rebels might be more thematically satisfying.

But I'm sure it won't matter that much, all told.

If true, Ashoka Tano will only be the third animated Star Wars character to make the jump to live-action after Saw Gerrera(who first in Clone Wars) and Chopper(who first appeared in Rebels), who then both appeared in the live-action Rogue One.

Last edited:
I wonder if Disney Plus will release the remaining Clone Wars episodes all at once in the near future due to COVID-19.

So I have been reading the synopsis for two of the last 4 episodes, and watching the trailer too much. Now take this with a grain of salt, because it is most likely not going to happen. But I was talking to my friend and I brought up how Rebels ended. With all the surprises, especially the Emperor, and part me wonders if we might be in for a rather large surprise with the finale. Namely, Vader vs. Maul.

Now hear me out. We know that something has happened between Vader and Maul, that has left Maul afraid of Vader. This happened in Rebels. It seems that Maul gets on Ahsoka's ship at some point and is running around being all kinds of destructive. Maybe she thinks she kills him or captures him, and he either sneaks on the ship or he breaks out and losses his stuff during the finale. Ahsoka being distracted by the feeling of Order 66, allows Maul to get the drop on her, and it forces her to and Rex to escape pod out of there. Maul, in control of the ship would think he has a free ride, when an Imperial ship enters the sector hunting the Jedi that was suppose to be on that ship. A rather cocky Maul, would then come face to face with Vader. Maybe even making his Star Wars entrance, with his 501st still in clone armor, cutting the door.

It's not going to happen... but what if it does?

Last edited:

“Victory and Death”

Oh boy...

Who else is super stoked to see Order 66 re-told from the Ahsoka and Rex’s point? I’m kind of curious to see Matt Lanter act out dark-side Anakin after he has been christened “Darth Vader” by the Emperor. Lanter plays Anakin’s dark side so well, and I’m dying to see him play the role when the character has fully fallen to the dark side.

Last edited:
Your not alone. Man. I can't wait for this fridays episode.

So I have been reading the synopsis for two of the last 4 episodes, and watching the trailer too much. Now take this with a grain of salt, because it is most likely not going to happen. But I was talking to my friend and I brought up how Rebels ended. With all the surprises, especially the Emperor, and part me wonders if we might be in for a rather large surprise with the finale. Namely, Vader vs. Maul.

Now hear me out. We know that something has happened between Vader and Maul, that has left Maul afraid of Vader. This happened in Rebels. It seems that Maul gets on Ahsoka's ship at some point and is running around being all kinds of destructive. Maybe she thinks she kills him or captures him, and he either sneaks on the ship or he breaks out and losses his stuff during the finale. Ahsoka being distracted by the feeling of Order 66, allows Maul to get the drop on her, and it forces her to and Rex to escape pod out of there. Maul, in control of the ship would think he has a free ride, when an Imperial ship enters the sector hunting the Jedi that was suppose to be on that ship. A rather cocky Maul, would then come face to face with Vader. Maybe even making his Star Wars entrance, with his 501st still in clone armor, cutting the door.

It's not going to happen... but what if it does?
I've been thinking about this one a bit recently, and while I'm not 100% sure it happens, I like it and I kinda hope for it now so I'm crossing my fingers. I feel like they'd love to give the payoff for that line in Rebels in the form of the fanservice duel people constantly ask for. It'd be a natural fit. So, before the trailer goes off this week, I kinda want to bounce off this with a list of guesses for where this arc might go.

:-Maul will capture Jessie, trigger Order 66 in him, and monologue about 'the plan'
-Ahsoka and Rex find Jessie, and whatever he says makes everything click for Rex and he figures out what Fives was on about
-Rex will get into contact with other clones to try and convince them to remove their chips. Most will dismiss him. Wolffe will cameo, probably Gregor too
-We will see the Night of a Thousand Tears mentioned in the Mandalorian
-Like the Kanan cameo in the trailer, we will see a cameo from at least one of Din, Gideon or The Armourer
-Part of me thinks that Vader vs Maul is a possibility, for the reasons mentioned before. Also Witwer said in an interview that they still play off Son of Dathomir, so Maul at this point has just watched Palpatine kill his mother, and I imagine is itching to get revenge. He's on the ship at some point it seems, so he's already on his way to his enemy's door...

Looks awesome! Too bad Disney chopped it into 4 pieces so they could string subscribers along. The siege of Mandalore should have been released as a single 100 minute finale.

Looks awesome! Too bad Disney chopped it into 4 pieces so they could string subscribers along. The siege of Mandalore should have been released as a single 100 minute finale.
It's the Clone Wars show. They are releasing it like they released the rest of the show. That seems more then fair.

New synopsis for the final two episodes:

Shattered:
After capturing Maul on Mandalore, Ahsoka's journey to the Jedi Council is disrupted when Order 66 is declared, turning her world upside down.

Victory and Death:
Ahsoka and Rex must use their wit and skills to survive the turbulent end of the Clone Wars.

Apparently we're leaving Mandalore even earlier than I expected, assuming the one for Shattered doesn't just describe the ending, which seems like it would be unlikely.

Hopefully they'll release a cut with the episodes all combined after the finale is released. It's pretty clear that this was meant to be one movie length episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"