Clones A'Poppin!

I don't know if a clone team would work. It's kind of a thin concept to base a whole team on. "You weren't the original bearer of your genetic material either? zomg d00d let's be friends!!!!11"

I would, however, love to see Joseph and maybe Ben Reilly again. I was never a huge fan of Nate Grey, mostly because I thought everything done with him could've been done with Cable without really losing much.

I thought the camaraderie between Ben Reilly and Peter was interesting and cool. I wasn't down with the idea that Ben was the real deal and Peter was the clone, but Ben wasn't a terrible character, as far as I'm concerned.

No I mean, I was totally kidding about the Joseph thing, I don't really have any particular grudge against clones as characters. I just think it's funny how there's a lot of them.

Corp said:
I was never a huge fan of Nate Grey, mostly because I thought everything done with him could've been done with Cable without really losing much.

I always thought his problem was he just suffered from a bad case of Rayneritis, where the main effective limit on his Godlike powers was his total inability to know what in the hell he was doing, in arc after arc where he'd finally Discover Himself As A Hero, then immediately go back to being a lack-witted Little-Boy-Lost, then be right back on the way to Discovering Himself all over again.

Just thought I'd do a list of all the Marvel characters who've been cloned and who their clones were. Seriously, there's a whole ****in' lot of clones running around.

We'll say that alternate-reality versions can be included if they've been active in 616 continuity. So you could count say, X-Man, but not all five hundred versions of the Hulk they've had in the Exiles.

So starting off:

Cable - Stryfe, X-Man (Alt Reality)

Deadpool - Agent X

Spider-Man - Ben Reilly, Kaine, Spidercide

Gwen Stacy - Gwen Stacy II

Jean Gray - Madelyne Pryor, the body the Phoenix was using when Jean was in her magical space egg

Madelyne Pryor - Madelyne Pryor II (Cloned by - of all people - X-Man!)

Magneto - Xorn

Xorn - Xorn II

...Those last two probably aren't at all accurate, but that's what I'm going with as any kind of actual thought about whatever the **** that whole Magneto/Xorn/NeoXorn thing was supposed to be about makes my skull throb.

Professor Xavier - Cassandra Nova (She was some kind of clone/Evil Brain Demon hybrid or some ****, right? I'll call that close enough for cloning.)

Thor - Clor!

That's all I've got so far.

Additionally -

Stepford Cuckoos - themselves and several thousand duplicates
also Magneto's other clone

Joseph
Magneto1.jpg

No I mean, I was totally kidding about the Joseph thing, I don't really have any particular grudge against clones as characters. I just think it's funny how there's a lot of them.

I always thought his problem was he just suffered from a bad case of Rayneritis, where the main effective limit on his Godlike powers was his total inability to know what in the hell he was doing, in arc after arc where he'd finally Discover Himself As A Hero, then immediately go back to being a lack-witted Little-Boy-Lost, then be right back on the way to Discovering Himself all over again.
Good point. Kyle Rayner's only gotten better since he embraced his godliness, too. I thought Cable was at his best when he was uber-powerful as well.

There are a bunch of Nick Fury LMDs out there, and they're as good as clones.

Arnim Zola made clones ("proto-husks", he called them, but they used the originals' DNA) of Scourge victimes (Basilisk, Bird-Man, Cyclone I), Salem's Seven, and Bucky...

Hydra made some of Avengers Clones awhile back. I think they were Cap, Thor, Hawkeye, and Iron Man

Well, I can't be expected to read through this entire crap thread. :o

It has been fast, hasn't it? I barely noticed.

Yeah, the new servers are amazing. I used to not even be able to use the Quick Reply thing, it was so slow.

*is annoyed*

I made a nice story about clones and the Civil war and noone wants to read it... *grumbled grumble* I know I"m being an impatient little attention ****e, but I'm a TALENTED impatient little attention ****e.

That story was so bad it gave me chlamydia.

Wait no, that was probably the hookers.

Yes.

That story was so bad it gave my hookers chlamydia.

Damn, I've never laughed at my own negative feed back before.

Oh, but a correction fiend, they got the clap from your mother. who got it from the dog.

I didn't actually read your story, mind.

It's just I had the page open when my hookers showed up and all of a sudden they had chlamydia, and they swore they didn't have it when they got here, so naturally I concluded it was your writing that was to blame.

Well, I'm going to have to borrow the great words of those who have gone before me... God, you're an immature ass.

That felt good.

I don't know if a clone team would work. It's kind of a thin concept to base a whole team on. "You weren't the original bearer of your genetic material either? zomg d00d let's be friends!!!!11"

I would, however, love to see Joseph and maybe Ben Reilly again. I was never a huge fan of Nate Grey, mostly because I thought everything done with him could've been done with Cable without really losing much.
I think nate grey brings that kinda 'growing up in a sadistic future world' thing that bishop kinda used to.

plus he's younger and would mix with probably a different crowd.

The general theme for a clone based team would be them all feeling somewhat redundant or homesick because they have ultimately served the purpose of their own creation.

they are all made from bad people to twist the minds of the original heroes or fill out some other role, with perhaps some being better replicas than others, some being cybernetic replicas etc..

the common goal would be to find their place in this world, like ben reilly did with jessica jones, perhaps fill in superhero identity issues with the real versions of themselves and perhaps discover if their lives are just as much worth as their originals.

clones individually always kinda follow the same path, but we never really get to see them interacting together. Potentially, it could be very interesting.

I found Kaine, Ben Reilly, Joseph and Nate grey to be particularly interesting (especially nate when cable was still hinged power-wise). potentially she-hulk could go in here because her powers duplicate her cousins. Add a clor reconstruct and perhaps two more characters like agent x and multiple man and clor, you have this potentially limitless team with good interactions and the ability to go places.

they'd be like the ultimate reserves if **** hits the fan. The true last line of defense against evil.

all good stuff, don't ya think?

Spiderman - Doppleganger (from Infinity War, Spirits of Venom, and Maximum Carnage)

Beast - Dark Beast (if X-Man and Cable work, this would too)

Nate grey and ben reilly were already friends, imagine a team up with joseph and some other characters like that. They would kick serious ass.

Actually, Nate Grey and Peter Parker became fast friends shortly after Ben died, filling in the "best friend" role for a while. Ben and Nate never met. But they should!

I love the Clones of '95 (Reilly, Joseph, Nate Grey). Best clones ever.

You're right i'm mistaken.

I'd also add Kaine to that best clone ever list, he's amazing...

his beatdown of rhino is one of the most glorious things i've ever seen.

He's pretty cool as the anti-hero/creepy uncle in Spider-Girl. :up:

And, if we're real with ourselves about it, Spider-Girl is almost entirely populated by clones. Perhaps not in the strictest sense of the word, but, hey. Electra, the Green Goblin, the other Green Goblin, Raptor, Mister Abnormal, Sabreclaw, etc...

Also, now that I think about it, my favorite Marvel clone would probably have to be X-23.

I'm still going with Joseph. He was the highlight of that period in X-Men comics for me.

Man, I would never have guessed that other's would have the same appreciation for Joseph, like myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"