Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Col. Chester Phillips

Six

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know getting Tommy Lee Jones to be in a tv series seems pretty unlikely, but if anyone can do it, its Marvel. Since Col Phillips has been shown to be a founder of S.H.I.E.L.D in the bunker in TWS, it would be kind of weird if he was completely absent in Agent Carter.

I'm not expecting a huge presence, even just a couple of episodes before biting the dust would suffice.

I was hoping for this as well and he is a prominent figure of early SHIELD , it's only 8 episodes so I don't see why not, they could call him in for a day or two worth of work.

Yeah. If they did cast Tommy Lee Jones I could see why they would want to keep it a secret though so I'm not writing it off yet.

Even a cameo would suffice for me... but could you even imagine if they brought him on as a guest star? Would be an absolute coup for the Marvel TV folks.

It would be awesome, but highly unlikely. Although I hope they keep mentioning him in the series, like they do on Agents of SHIELD with characters who are not shown.

-I hope they can at least get him for a Samuel Jackson type deal, where he'll show up for a few cameos.

I don't know... Tommy Lee Jones doesn't look like that kind of guy.

If they somehow found a way to get Tommy Lee Jones on this show I think I would die from happiness.

The MCU version of S.H.I.E.L.D. wouldn't be what it is without him. S.H.I.E.L.D. needs all of its three founders.

I know getting Tommy Lee Jones to be in a tv series seems pretty unlikely, but if anyone can do it, its HBO.

Fixed.

:oldrazz:

But seriously, I could see maybe a cameo at most, but Tommy Lee Jones seems to be picky about what projects he's in lately, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited:
But wouldn't his absence mix up continuity if he is meant to be one of the active founding fathers of the SSR?
Same thing like saying that none of the other Howling Commandos save for Bucky "died" in service but then having one of them die during a mission on Agent Carter.
Or completely omitting Arnin Zola despite him playing an integral role in the infiltration of SHIELD and having him absent from the show completely.

Guess it is one of the drawbacks of having a shared universe but I just don't see how they would greenlight the show without these elements, the MCU seems to be much tighter with continuity then the editors reigning over the comics.

^

The SSR was established during WWII, and Col. Phillips was shown in CA:TFA to be one of that organization's leaders. If they can get Tommy Lee Jones to appear in this in any capacity, frickin' great! If not, nothing's been contradicted, really.

Zola's "repatriotization" to SHIELD, and him laying the seeds for SHIELD's subsequent large scale infiltration by HYDRA occurred over the course of decades. The show handles SHIELD's one formative year... 1946. If they include an Easter Egg scene which shows Zola's apparent reform, and recruitment by SHIELD, that would be absolutely awesome to see, but again, if they don't, it doesn't really contradict anything.

That pretty much goes towards the core of why I (and I suspect, millions of fans) love the MCU. It gives all these different properties a glorious sandbox to play in, but gives them more than enough leeway to flesh out their individual corners of said sandbox in wonderful, creative ways.

Yeah I would like too see him in a couple of episodes.

I hope they can work it out. If he agreed to be in CA:TWS, then why won't he agree to this? This is practically the same thing, minus Captain America. He could just do a cameo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"