• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Batman Begins Comparisons between Batman Begins and The Shadow(1993)

Rynan

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was thinking about this recently. I've notice similarities between Batman Begins and the 1993 Shadow movie.

1. Man who has lost himself.
2. He finds a secret temple, unknown to the outside world.
3. There he learns from an asian master how to fight evil.
4. With that knowledge, he returns home, clad to fight injustice.
5. Eventually he confronts an enemy from Asia(with a beard) who has the same abilities as the hero.
6. Said villain plans to destroy the city with an impossible device.

Note, this is merely conjecture. In no way am I making any statements about anything here. This is just for mental digestion and discussion material.

The Shadow was such an awesome movie. Such a classic, perfect example of a 1990's action movie. Very underrated film in my opinion. I loved Baldwin in the film, and I also got a kick out of the actor who played the villain in the movie. Batman Begins has numerous similarities and parrallels to The Shadow, Superman: TM, and Batman 1989. It's like a big melting pot of several conceptual ideas. Comics, movies, and the like.

I love the conparison pics made by the thread's creator. Props.

I was thinking about this recently. I've notice similarities between Batman Begins and the 1993 Shadow movie.

5. Eventually he confronts an enemy from Asia(with a beard) who has the same abilities as the hero.

Note, this is merely conjecture. In no way am I making any statements about anything here. This is just for mental digestion and discussion material.
Now that you mention it, they are similar in many aspects.

I love The Shadow movie, Alec Baldwin could've been great replacement for Michael Keaton or before Keaton got the role.

Nice one Ryan, great similarities in the pictures.

The Phantom is also very underrated IMO

the shadow was awsome, underrated comic book movie. i actually liked it better then begins, i thought the villians in Shadow were much cooler, and baldwin when he was the shadow was too cool. plus, iot was in the 1940's, which was an awsome time period, especially for supehero's. never liked anything that was too modern.

Your stretching it a bit, no?

Well it makes sense since Batman the character borrows heavily from The Shadow, The Spider, The Scarlet pimpernel and Doc Savage. All of which predates Batman.

Pretty good comparison--hell, the only difference in what you put is that in BB, the instructor is also the villian, while The Shadow has them as two different people.

Another comparison: A doomsday device that spreads fear (BB being more literary while Shadow through ransom and word of mouth).

whoa.. uncanny. I haven't seen the shadow in 13 years. May have to rent it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"