The Amazing Spider-Man Concept Art

I would have really loved to see something happen with the SWAT Lizards. Either Spidey fighting them or them causing havoc on the streets of NY until the antidote cloud shows up.

In the film it just looks like a silly reason to even have an antidote cloud.

Yeah, that whole plot thread about the people being turned into lizards went nowhere. We never even saw any of the lizard people or any ramifications of the gas.

Im really diggin this concept art, im more happy with the final Spidey suit but some of those Lizard designs I would have liked alot more.

Shame they scrapped that Times Square/double-decker bus sequence. Looks like it could've been fun.

Yeah, looks like it would have been a more action-heavy way for him getting hurt on the way to OsCorp. I'm glad we didn't get the whole chamelionic schtick with the lizard, though.

Yeah, looks like it would have been a more action-heavy way for him getting hurt on the way to OsCorp. I'm glad we didn't get the whole chamelionic schtick with the lizard, though.
Agreed. Took me a minute to realize what I was looking at there. I was like, "Is that a 3D billboard? And why does that model have such unsightly veins running up her ne-- Oh, it's the Lizard." Still, with the emphasis on night scenes, it would have been (and still would be) cool to see a fight under the bright lights of Times Square.

Seeing how alien a lot of the suit designs are, I'm really REALLY interested to see what the black symbiote suit will look like if this series gets there.

I'm positive it won't just look like a black reprint of the red and blue suit like what the Raimi series did.

I found that the SWAT team turning into the creatures was semi-interesting/horrifying, particularly where one of them sprouts a lizard tongue and chokes on it..

leh' creepy. :X

zPwHg.jpg

.....my god.......

It really baffles me that they had decent and better designs for both Spidey and Lizard and yet they went with the crap we got in the movie. I am just baffled. =\
"Hey, these suck let's use them!"

It really baffles me that they had decent and better designs for both Spidey and Lizard and yet they went with the crap we got in the movie. I am just baffled. =\
"Hey, these suck let's use them!"

The movie design was far from crap. Especially compared to 85% of Spidey's concept art. THOSE look terrible.

... so we are still complaining about the costume, then.

... so we are still complaining about the costume, then.

I still don't get the gripes about the costume. I love it, from the shoes to the half-belt.

I prefer it above the Raimi suit, the Raimi suit was a perfect translation of the comics design, but it looks too plain for me in live action.

I know it really ruined the school fight for me. I was watching, thinking, "Why are the eyes yellow? He shouldn't have a red stripe down his legs! Where's his red belt? Why isn't his webbing more prominent? :cmad:"

/s

I got over the yellow eye maybe after the second time i saw it.

People want something perfect, that doesn't exist for everyone talking about how they want Raimi's costume is completely crazy to me. Everyone wants a film that stands apart from the previous trilogy...BUT WANTS THE EXACT SAME COSTUME. Yeah good work there.

The new costume is new, but with shades of familiarity in it. Its not like suddenly the Spidey costume is Green and Black, with no symbols or any distinction of similar design.

Get over it.

Making something different for the sake of being different is a great strategy!

I love the suit, and I think it will be slightly modified for the sequel anyways.

I didn't want them to re-use the Raimi costume at all so exclude me from that. In fact, since the movie was very blah to me, I am glad they didn't waste a good design. I take what I said back.
I have seen decently priced Halloween costumes that look better than what we got. I had trouble taking the film seriously due to the really lame Lizard and Spidey designs. I can't help that.

A lot of people do not like what we got in terms of the designs. Let us be.

I don't think I've seen these posted, yet...
2s1spqf.png

9a04u1.png
s25dsm.png

wkp6hw.png

Making something different for the sake of being different is a great strategy!
adapt
verb (used with object) 1. to make suitable to requirements or conditions; adjust or modify fittingly: They adapted themselves to the change quickly. He adapted the novel for movies.
If you want something without changes, go read the comics.

Or just re-watch Raimi's films over and over again.

I remember how pissed off people were of the raised webbing in Spidey's costume in the original trilogy.

"OMG ITS RAISED! ITS NOT HOW THE COMIC COSTUME LOOKs! FAIL!"

:rolleyes:

I don't think I've seen these posted, yet...
2s1spqf.png
I think this one's my favorite all the concept suits here. I think the smaller chest spider looks better.
Though, I still love the new suit.

I love seeing people come up with radical suit ideas, even if its crazy looking, cause it means they are trying to think up something different and new. Something really fun to see that progress from something crazy to something toned down to ... what we get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"