The Amazing Spider-Man Concept Art

I'm glad they went with the designs we have in the movie, for both Spidey and Lizard.

I'm glad they went with the designs we have in the movie, for both Spidey and Lizard.

The spidey design is perfect, and the lizard is cool too, but I don't feel comfortable with the fact that majority are making fun of the design. I know it shouldn't affect my enjoyment of the movie, but it kinda does. No matter how stupid I know it is, it always hurts me inside when yet another guy mentions the goomba thing

I would be totally cool with that if the design was totally justified with some emotional scenes with the lizard, but there was none. They would've been just fine with the beast lizard.

Though, I think there actually was some emotional scenes with the lizard, but they were just cut because they were involved with the untold story that they wanted to cut at the last minute

The spidey design is perfect, and the lizard is cool too, but I don't feel comfortable with the fact that majority are making fun of the design. I know it shouldn't affect my enjoyment of the movie, but it kinda does. No matter how stupid I know it is, it always hurts me inside when yet another guy mentions the goomba thing

I would be totally cool with that if the design was totally justified with some emotional scenes with the lizard, but there was none. They would've been just fine with the beast lizard.

Though, I think there actually was some emotional scenes with the lizard, but they were just cut because they were involved with the untold story that they wanted to cut at the last minute

Agreed.

zPwHg.jpg

^
Why would someone design such crap.

Yeah, it looks as though someone exploded a load of paint all over it. :oldrazz:

In all seriousness though it looks as though they were just having fun with different designs more than anything else. I think they were always going to go with something than generally resembles the comics somewhat but were thinking high-tech urban desgins to play arround with, it seems.

Last edited:
First let me stress that this is in no way ACCEPTABLE for a big budget film, but if I had to choose between the reboot and these? Well sadly I would go with these, even if they are cheap looking. At least they have web patterns...and no shoes...and a good balance of red and blue. :o

My point is, it is not hard to make a costume look decent using the classic design. For this new look they went too far, made too many unnecessary changes, and it came out looking sort of like a parody costume or a really cheap foreign toy. At least when I see these I go "hey that's the Spidey I know!" where as with the new one I am just like "...What happened? :("

$47

419c8d347a0beb83bbf746c.jpg

screenshot20120709at735.png

$150

screenshot20120709at737.png

If it isn't broken leave it the **** alone. :up:

They do look cheap, I'll give you that.

But not even SCRAPING the quality of the TASM suit, or the Raimi suit.

They do look cheap, I'll give you that.

But not even SCRAPING the quality of the TASM suit, or the Raimi suit.
im sorry but the raimi suit and tasm suits are what i prefer.....
not that Halloween Costume crap. Faithful or not that just looks stupid.

First let me stress that this is in no way ACCEPTABLE for a big budget film, but if I had to choose between the reboot and these? Well sadly I would go with these, even if they are cheap looking. At least they have web patterns...and no shoes...and a good balance of red and blue. :o

My point is, it is not hard to make a costume look decent using the classic design. For this new look they went too far, made too many unnecessary changes, and it came out looking sort of like a parody costume or a really cheap foreign toy. At least when I see these I go "hey that's the Spidey I know!" where as with the new one I am just like "...What happened? :("

$47

419c8d347a0beb83bbf746c.jpg

screenshot20120709at735.png

$150

screenshot20120709at737.png

If it isn't broken leave it the **** alone. :up:

sorry, but that ish you just posted is broken

100830_OsCorpChase_Swat_v001_JN.jpg

I wanted this scene... :(

Anyone everyone complaining about the costume we got stop. What you dont realise is this is mostly a prequel story. His costume will likely change more and more to become closer to the original.

Wait....why would one of the SWAT members have a snout but not Connors?

Wait....why would one of the SWAT members have a snout but not Connors?

Because Connors has to show speak and show emotion. But the movie didn't have him say much anything, and they didn't have moments of him showing emotion, so I felt that the design really didn't even serve this interpretation of The Lizard

Scarillian, what you said scares me since I don't want the costume to get closer to the original one.

That stuck out to me, too. I wouldn't really expect them to look all that different from each other.

well, the lizard formula isn't really extracted out of any specific lizard species, it's juts general lizard dna, so I guess it makes sense that it reacts differently with different people

Man, I would have loved to see that. That could have played out like a scene from Jurassic Park. The entire Lizard SWAT team, jumping people like Velociraptors.

It seems all a bit weird. The SWAT members transforming into different kinds of Lizard as opposed to Connors when it's the same exact serum. Even Connors' model on his computer shows the serum turning everyone into the only kind of Lizard that Connors turned into.

It seems all a bit weird. The SWAT members transforming into different kinds of Lizard as opposed to Connors when it's the same exact serum. Even Connors' model on his computer shows the serum turning everyone into the only kind of Lizard that Connors turned into.

its CONCEPT art guys. its just an artist having some fun with different lizards.

Sorry, I finished watching TSSM today and that came to mind >.<

I honestly wouldn't have minded the Swat Lizard head on the right, next to the SWAT member beginning to transform, as the Lizard's head.

The Lizard's body was animated beautifully. I think it's just the face that kind of lost points. He didn't need a snout. That's not what was missing. I think it was more so the fact that his teeth looked very human and the human eyes distracted audience members from the design. When he had his reptilian eyes he looked perfect and believable. I think had those two features been changed it would have been better executed.

Yeah, it looks as though someone exploded a load of paint all over it. :oldrazz:

In all seriousness though it looks as though they were just having fun with different designs more than anything else. I think they were always going to go with something than generally resembles the comics somewhat but were thinking high-tech urban desgins to play arround with, it seems.
Yeah, concepts typically start in completely out of left field on purpose. You ant really know when you've nailed it if you haven't tried everything, regardless how ridiculous it is.

I think the movie TASM costume looked great. So did the Lizard. It would be nice tho if they took the next movie as an opportunity to change it up a little like they did for Nolans Batman films. Just give a reason why he changed the design...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"