Dark of the Moon Confused about Megatron's plan

Weird question; How did Sentinel Prime know English right after coming back from the dead?

Yea, I wondered that too. No "world wide web" back when he landed on the moon.

But it's plausible that they downloaded "Earth's languages" into him some point before they woke him up the same way they do it to themselves.

Although, him waking up and talking his alien language forcing Optimus to speak it would have been cool. Especially if Ratchet was tinkering with his voicebox in the process, resulting in him speaking English by the end of the conversation.

Actually, the third film retcons the first two because Megatron's plan doesn't jive with his plan was in the first two films.

In the first film, Sam and the Autobots assume that Megatron wants the Cube to transform human technology and take over the planet. That's their assumption.

Revenge of the Fallen technically retcons that but it makes it fit by saying that Megatron was one of the many Seekers sent to look for the Cube for the Fallen so that the Fallen could find the location of the Matrix of Leadership in order to reactivate the Sun Harvester to harvest our Sun's energy and help rebuild Cybertron.

While having Megatron be someone's ***** in this series was a bad move from the get go, the second film can jive with the first film, easily.

But this third film completely throws all that **** out by openly saying that before Megatron left Cybertron, he made a deal with Sentinel Prime to harness a technology that only Sentinel could use that would bring Cyberton into Earth's orbit, harness the planet's resources and then enslave humanity to rebuild Cyberton for the Decepitcons.

DOES. NOT. JIVE. WITH. THE. FIRST. TWO. FILMS. AT. ALL.

yea, after rereading what you said I thought thats what you actually meant, but the way I look at it, each movie is its own self contained story, with no real purpose of connecting these films as a trilogy, each film was made on it's own terms without worrying about what happened in the previous film. Bay mentioned this after they made the first one where he said he didn't want to make a trilogy but rather make three separate "episodes" that stand on their own instead of having to rely on seeing the one that came before it. so the writing here doesn't indicate what we have is a "trilogy" but rather three separate episodes that we can choose to watch. We just get faint nudges at what happened before, but nothing really more beyond that.

That's all well and good, but there should be some cohesion between the three episodes.

There is between the first and the second.

I mean, this is how idiotic the third film is.

Jetfire is a Seeker like Megatron. Jetfire says that only a Prime can defeat the Fallen. When Sam mentions Optimus Prime, Jetfire said that he must have met a great descendant of the original Primes.

But that doesn't even make sense to the third film because if Megatron and Jetfire are both Seekers, then Jetfire surely would've been on Cybertron during the time of the Cybertron War and would've at least seen or heard of the Autobot leader Sentinel Prime, since Prime says in voice over in the third film that Sentinel was the original leader of the Autobots.

Jetfire, since he was a Decepticon via the second film, would've known that.

In the first film, Sam and the Autobots assume that Megatron wants the Cube to transform human technology and take over the planet. That's their assumption.

Revenge of the Fallen technically retcons that but it makes it fit by saying that Megatron was one of the many Seekers sent to look for the Cube for the Fallen so that the Fallen could find the location of the Matrix of Leadership in order to reactivate the Sun Harvester to harvest our Sun's energy and help rebuild Cybertron.

I didn't get the impression that Megatron was a Seeker. The Seekers existed to find new stars for the Primes to replenish the AllSpark with, not to find the AllSpark; it was lost during the course of the Great War, some undefined time after most of the Primes had died. Also, the Decepticons weren't trying to find the Matrix with the AllSpark's knowledge, just the Harvester, because the Matrix would remain useless to them until it had deemed a new owner worthy of its power. As well, using the AllSpark's knowledge to find a Harvester was not part of their Plan A. Megatron was convinced that the AllSpark's destruction left them without the massive energies they required. Here's the dialogue exchange in question, courtesy of IMDb:

Megatron: My master, I failed you on Earth. The Allspark is destroyed and without it, our race will perish.
The Fallen: Oh, you much have much to learn, my disciple. The Cube was merely a vessel. It's power, it's knowledge, can never be destroyed. It can only transform.
Megatron: How is that possible?
The Fallen: It has been absorbed by the human child. The key to saving our race now lies within his mind.
It wasn't until the Fallen told him otherwise that he knew better.

For the record, Megatron's plan was clear to me. It's a retcon, but one that works. However, I see why people are confused; it's explained very quickly and subtlely by Megatron at the Lincoln Memorial, in a movie that's primarily obvious and repetitious about what it says. More time could've been spent unpacking it if there wasn't so much emphasis on other boring topics.

Via the second film, all the Seekers that have been on Earth for a number of years were looking for the AllSpark.

Megatron was also looking for the AllSpark as well, via the first film. And since the Seekers were all working for the Fallen to find the AllSpark, it only makes sense for Megatron to be one as well, considering he answered to the Fallen in the second film.

And while the AllSpark was the knowledge of their race and a way to rebuild their species and planet, the Fallen needed the knowledge of the AllSpark to find out the location of the Matrix of Leadership, which is the KEY to activating the Sun Harvester.

So, in theory, that's Megatron's mission. Find the AllSpark to give to my master. The Fallen had the grande plan of using it to destroy Earth's Sun and harvest it's energy to rebuild Cybertron.

see this is one of my complaints for Bay's franchise is that Megatron was always someone else ***** basically, first he served The Fallen and then Sentinel Prime. What happened to the Mighty Megatron we all known and love from the transformers lore who's no one master but his own and would never allow anyone to rule over or above him.

In all three films the characterization of Megatron wasn't even close to the his original counterpart or even Beast Wars Megatron who was a cunning master of manipulation and evil incarnate .

But wasn't he Unicron's ***** for a while?

But wasn't he Unicron's ***** for a while?

Not exactly, Althought Unicron reformatted Megatron into Galvatron. Galvatron wasn't loyal to him in fact he wanted the Matrix of leadership so he could destroy Unicron himself.

I see Megs as sort of like Thanos. He wants to rule the worlds but sometimes he falls under someone until he can get an opportunity to backstab them.

Everyone keep saying that the Fallen wanted to find the Leadership of Matrix so that he can use the sun harvester to restore Cybertron, you're all wrong. The Fallen wanted the sun harvester to harness energon for himself. He doesn't give cr@p about Cybertron.

I'm more confused about the fact that Megatron's head hasn't healed, when other bots have received much more extensive damage from film to film, and have been just fine. :confused:

Megs doesn't have anybody to repair him. He is out alone in the desert with Starscream and whatever the **** that fat little thing was.

Megs doesn't have anybody to repair him. He is out alone in the desert with Starscream and whatever the **** that fat little thing was.

hey guys new here..but the short little thing fat thing was I think a Sharkticon..not sure on spelling...first seen on the original animated Transformers movie

So who repaired SS's arm from being ripped off in ROTF?

Probably his mom.

I think of the trilogy like this:
In the first one Megatron is already on Earth and Decepticons are searching for the AllSpark to revive him. Meanwhile, the Autobots are dealing with the live lambs from Lebanon being shipped out to people who didn't order them. Eventually Megatron meets up with Optimus Prime's stick and then meets his chalice. End of chapter one.

In ROTF, it is revealed that the Decepticon's are actually lead by one 'The Fallen' who basically wants to throw a stick into the Sun. Enter the aqua-lambs who come down through the tunnel, from the first one. From there Jet Fire tells Optimus "take my power and my spark and become the best selling action-figure yet." Almost instantly, The Fallen meets up with Prime's fist. End of ch. dos.

In DOTM, it is revealed that years ago, in the 1960's, when Megatron was all ready buried on Earth somewhere, he was actually still in space making a deal with Sentinel Prime to pull that pivotal lever. It can be assumed that he snuck back into the dam that was built around him, undetected. The Autobots want nothing to do with the shenanigans so they place a spider on Megatron's head. End of trilogy.

Last edited:

He put is arm back on himself in the movie.

This is really turning into nitpicking. Nobody whined after TDK asking why Bruce would crash into Reese's car when he could have been not wearing a seatbelt and hit his head on the window and killed him. Or why Batman doesn't use a voice modulator instead of growling to hide his identity since he has all that Wayne tech. Or how Joker dressed as a 1950's nurse got into the hospital without anybody noticing. Or how was Two-Face wearing the same burned suit after he escapes the hospital when they would have cut it off his body because it was burned to his skin. Did those hurt TDK? If you look really hard, I am sure you can hate every movie ever.

Last edited:
My point is, what was the point of making Megatron this scared out cast? It served no purpose to the plot. And with the countless Decepticon bodies showing up at will, are you telling me none of them had the capability to fix his head..?

i think the damage on Megatron in TF2 was huge. they repaired him a lot in TF3. i think in the next 2-3 months the little robot would fix hes face.

My point is, what was the point of making Megatron this scared out cast? It served no purpose to the plot. And with the countless Decepticon bodies showing up at will, are you telling me none of them had the capability to fix his head..?

Him and Starscream were out alone in the African plains. It didn't seem like he was getting many visitors. And, he had little robots fixing his face, they were just tiny and he kept flicking them off.

Megatron is also proud and defiant. I don't see him letting another robot operate on his face.

I can't believe people trying to rationalize bays thinking....clearly, he hires writers for half the movie then fires them for a bigger budget in the explosions category

He put is arm back on himself in the movie.

This is really turning into nitpicking. Nobody whined after TDK asking why Bruce would crash into Reese's car when he could have been not wearing a seatbelt and hit his head on the window and killed him. Or why Batman doesn't use a voice modulator instead of growling to hide his identity since he has all that Wayne tech. Or how Joker dressed as a 1950's nurse got into the hospital without anybody noticing. Or how was Two-Face wearing the same burned suit after he escapes the hospital when they would have cut it off his body because it was burned to his skin. Did those hurt TDK? If you look really hard, I am sure you can hate every movie ever.

I just wanna know why they can't fix Bumblebee's voice box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"