Dark of the Moon Confused about Megatron's plan

It would appear that trying to figure out the overall plan of the Transformers movies is as difficult as figuring out the words to the end of the Good Times theme song.

Okay, without a timeline...

He needed the Cube to find the Matrix.

He needed the Matrix to work the sun-killer device AND then revive Sentinel.

And he needed Sentinel to work the portal devices.

Goal was crazy amount of energy and the ability to transport his planet in order to revive it.
Only problem is without the sun every human on earth would die. Meaning that Sentinel's plan for human labor could not work.

And why would he need the cube to find the Matrix? I thought the Allspark is like the ultimate energy source for the Transformers. Isn't that why Cybertron slowly turned into a barren wasteland, because they launched the Allspark into space?

I like the idea of "Megatron made all this up as he went along".

And why would he need the cube to find the Matrix? I thought the Allspark is like the ultimate energy source for the Transformers. Isn't that why Cybertron slowly turned into a barren wasteland, because they launched the Allspark into space?

The Allspark cube wasn't designed to work with the sun harvester but the Matrix Of Leadership was. The Allspark would have acted like a homing device to help locate the Matrix. Question is how did the Allspark already have the location of Matrix already inscribed into it, was it like psychic or something? :doh:

The Allspark could create Transformers, examples being the Xbox and the Mountain Dew machine. I thought the Allspark was what started the war to begin with. Not the need for the sun killing machine. The war was started with the Allspark for it's power and after that Bay made up the plots as they went alone with filming. Didn't the Allspark make the Transformers?

I'm confused as to why Megatron would cut a deal with Sentinel? Why cut a deal yet continue with the war to destroy your planet? So you knew the war would ultimately destroy the planet, yet cut a side deal that says we'll rebuild it, just keep fighting? Wasn't Megatron the leader of the Decepticons on Cybertron & Sentinel the leader of the Autobots? Why not just call a truce and end the war???

I'm confused as to why Megatron would cut a deal with Sentinel? Why cut a deal yet continue with the war to destroy your planet? So you knew the war would ultimately destroy the planet, yet cut a side deal that says we'll rebuild it, just keep fighting? Wasn't Megatron the leader of the Decepticons on Cybertron & Sentinel the leader of the Autobots? Why not just call a truce and end the war???

then Bay would get no $$$ cuz there would be no movies. I watch the movies solely for the action, I could care less about the plot.

Actually the Fallen was a major Transformer character in the world of transformers, he never appeared in the show but he was a big part of the comics that explains their history and he is one of the original 12 transformers and the very first decepticon. I'm not sure if sentinal prime was ever in the show but he too was a big part of the comics and lure of transformers.

Original 13, and he was introduced in the Dreamwave comics around the early or the mid 2000's.He had a big part in one mini series, but not much more till the 2nd film

I'm thinking that Crazy Galvy's plans made more sense than movie Megatron's?

Okay I was watching DOTM last night and tried to figure out the time line too after reading all the post i am going to look at each movie as a stand alone movie that's the only way it works I cant believe these overpaid writers don't put the thought into it

Probably his mom.

I think of the trilogy like this:
In the first one Megatron is already on Earth and Decepticons are searching for the AllSpark to revive him. Meanwhile, the Autobots are dealing with the live lambs from Lebanon being shipped out to people who didn't order them. Eventually Megatron meets up with Optimus Prime's stick and then meets his chalice. End of chapter one.

In ROTF, it is revealed that the Decepticon's are actually lead by one 'The Fallen' who basically wants to throw a stick into the Sun. Enter the aqua-lambs who come down through the tunnel, from the first one. From there Jet Fire tells Optimus "take my power and my spark and become the best selling action-figure yet." Almost instantly, The Fallen meets up with Prime's fist. End of ch. dos.

In DOTM, it is revealed that years ago, in the 1960's, when Megatron was all ready buried on Earth somewhere, he was actually still in space making a deal with Sentinel Prime to pull that pivotal lever. It can be assumed that he snuck back into the dam that was built around him, undetected. The Autobots want nothing to do with the shenanigans so they place a spider on Megatron's head. End of trilogy.

Hiya, everyone! I'm new! Oh, and totaly dieing of laughter at the above ^ quote. :funny:

Last edited:
Is it me or.......................... :doh:

1- Megatron and Sentinel Prime arrange a meeting on EARTH to use the Space Bridge technology. Sentinel Prime's Ark is damaged and lost forever. It's not. Megatron doesn't care anyway. :whatever:

2- The AllSpark goes lost in the space. Coincidence, it falls on EARTH(?), the planet where the Primes sacrificed themselves to protect the SUN HARVESTER. Coincidentally, on the moon there's the ARK waiting for the Decepticons. :doh:

3- Megatron follows the AllSpark wandering in the universe, and then they BOTH crashland on EARTH (coincidence!). :doh:

4- In 1963 or so, 200 Decepticons (led by... ????) arrive on Moon (HOW?), move the pillars and put themselves in statis lock. WTF? :doh:

5- 2007. TF1. Megatron is awaken. He wants the All-park. Okay. NO Decepticon informs him there's the ARK waiting on the Moon. :doh:

6- 2009. TF2. Megatron is resurrected. He wants the SUN HARVESTER. NO Decepticon informs him there's the ARK waiting on the Moon. :doh:

I like the idea of "Megatron made all this up as he went along".

I kinda agree with this..

Multiple/backup plans and adjusting to new situations, why not.. There is nothing in the movies that contradict this theory, as far as I remember..

One may say that Megatron was "an agent of chaos".. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"