Confusion with Gotham Knights

trustyside-kick

The Marine Marvel
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
16,127
Reaction score
1
Points
31
Okay, I was viewing this website I use a lot when I got questions about continuity or certain issues and I am a bit confused now.

When does Hush Returns start in Gotham Knights series? Because I read the hardcover Graphic Novel in the store and I do not buy the Gotham Knight series. After looking through the site what I remember reading in the bookstore must have occurred in Gotham Knights 50-55, and then appearently issue 60. And from reading the descriptions on the website I do not recall reading what happened in Gotham Knights #61-71 in the Hush Returns book but they seem to have Hush in them. I have read Gotham Knights #73,74 only because those are the only Gotham Knights issues my brother has bought (the Hush Vs. Joker thing).

Here is the site I am talking about.
http://www.thebatsquad.net/batman/gknights/index.htm
 
That's my site...what exactly is your question? The Hush Returns tpb collects issues 50-55 and 66 of Gotham Knights. There is no trade of the other issues between / after those yet.
 
So in the Hush Returns TPB it is issues 50-55 and 60 put together? Thank you. By the way...I have no idea that was your site. You should update it a bit on the continuity page. :p
 
this is why NOTHING will ever rival getting the monthly issues of comic books.;)
 
You trying to say I should have bought those issues monthly? Well my brother is the one that buys the comics monthly and not me and only certain ones besides the Batman ones. :p
 
na. im an old school comic collector who advocates the collecting of individual issues. I abhore trade paperbacks. but thats my personal preference.
 
Oh ok. That is what you meant lol. Well it is harder to get the individual issues when they came out a long time ago. Plus, not like I can just walk into a bookstore and find the issues to read; but if they got the Graphic Novel of it that is a different story.

And the "comic store" that my brother gets the comics as it not a comic store...they just sell them as well but they are mainly a sports collection and just about anything collection place with the card games too so not like I can just walk in say hi and go and open the comics he has in the boxes.
 
trustyside-kick said:
So in the Hush Returns TPB it is issues 50-55 and 60 put together? Thank you. By the way...I have no idea that was your site. You should update it a bit on the continuity page. :p

I'm revamping it from the ground up. It'll not only have Bat-characters, but also the rest of the DCU:
www.TheBatSquad.net/continuity
 
That is cool and all but now it is just confusing to find out which comics come before others the way you set it up. And to do different characters besides Batman you should have seperate pages/links for them instead of meshing them together. Looks so confusing now.
 
If I had my way, nothing that happened after Devin Grayson left would be in continuity.
 
ChrisBaleBatman said:
If I had my way, nothing that happened after Devin Grayson left would be in continuity.


Ya know, Grayson was my favorite writer in a long time. She did have a good run on that title, i was sad when she left.
 
SHADOWBAT69 said:
Ya know, Grayson was my favorite writer in a long time. She did have a good run on that title, i was sad when she left.

Yeah, she was great on GK. Then she got Nightwing and really stunk up the place for about 3 years. Complete 180. Her NW run was craptastic at best.
 
trustyside-kick said:
That is cool and all but now it is just confusing to find out which comics come before others the way you set it up. And to do different characters besides Batman you should have seperate pages/links for them instead of meshing them together. Looks so confusing now.

Sorry you don't like it. Perhaps you should create your own site where you can make things less confusing than a straight line. Apologies for the sarcasm, but I have no idea how this could be confusing you.
 
snipe said:
Sorry you don't like it. Perhaps you should create your own site where you can make things less confusing than a straight line. Apologies for the sarcasm, but I have no idea how this could be confusing you.

There must be some mistake. Because I viewed the same link to the continuity as I did earlier this morning and the set up was completely different. I went back to it now and it is back to normal but with more superheroes.
 
snipe said:
Yeah, she was great on GK. Then she got Nightwing and really stunk up the place for about 3 years. Complete 180. Her NW run was craptastic at best.

yep. i picked up the first 3 issues she did when she went to NW and i could tell after the first that it was gonna be bad. I didnt understand it, she did a great job writing him in GK.
 
SHADOWBAT69 said:
yep. i picked up the first 3 issues she did when she went to NW and i could tell after the first that it was gonna be bad. I didnt understand it, she did a great job writing him in GK.

IMO, finally making Dick "officially" Bruce's adopted son and legal heir was great.
 
snipe said:
IMO, finally making Dick "officially" Bruce's adopted son and legal heir was great.


dude, she brought such emotional depth to the characters in her writing, i was suggesting the title to everyone i knew. I even got soemone who never picked up a comic book before to start reading Gotham Knights.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"