DC TV Series Gotham Knights Series In Development at CW

This show was curtains the moment they tried to play the batmobile off as some random Audi lmao

The Gotham Knights hashtag on twitter has been endless entertainment since the cancellation news broke.

One person is saying Jared Padalecki paid the CW to cancel it and the Winchesters and keep Walker. Isn't Walker like their top rated show? Never watched it but I imagine it's dirt cheep to make as well.

Some saying they should have cancelled S&L instead. Sure Knights was a lot cheaper. But with nobody watching, whats the point? At least Superman & Lois has eyes on it.

I'm highly entertained.

I’m still scratching my head over the basic premise of Gotham Knights. But given its premise, the show is decent enough: some serviceable plots (and twists); some nice character interactions and dialogue; some fantastical elements — while still being grounded (i.e., not too cartoony). And considering that the protagonists are all teens, the amount of manufactured angst and melodrama is surprisingly low (compared to, say, Jonathan and Jordan and Sarah and Nat and Kyle and Lana and Chrissy... :cwink:).

Of course, the first season of a typical CW/DC series tends to be more focused and solid. It’s the second season (and beyond) where the wheels start to come off. Luckily, a second season isn’t something that GK has to worry about. :o

The Gotham Knights hashtag on twitter has been endless entertainment since the cancellation news broke.

One person is saying Jared Padalecki paid the CW to cancel it and the Winchesters and keep Walker.

dca700d6-2782-4014-b346-296e8cc23d93-text.gif

I had a feeling during the finale: "What if they're setting up the League of Assassins?"

Then boom, we get Henri Ducard. So yeah, they definitely did this with the intention or at least hope of getting a second season. Two-Face could've looked a bit better, but for a TV budget, it was fine. At least we actually got Two-Face, compared to only getting Harvey on Gotham.

IMO this was a fun harmless series and while I am not disappointed that it got canceled I’m curious where they would’ve taking season 2 after this finale. Overall I enjoyed the ride for what it was and it gave me something else to watch after Superman & Lois and kinda sad that the two hour DC block that the CW had going for a while is now pretty much done. Plus at least Two Face’s make up was nice.

A decent enough series. Repeating myself: allowing for its somewhat contrived (“blasphemous”/elseworlds) premise, the show was generally well written. In fact, at the technical/structural level, I think it was better written than S&L.

It’s tempting to speculate that in the Arrowverse heyday (before the CW sale), Gotham Knights could have lasted a few seasons. OTOH, the Arrowverse was mostly about a shared continuity. And GK, obviously, was in its own, standalone continuity. So… who knows?

I've been staying away from this show like it was contagious, but that Two-Face does look really good. Might have to give it a try after all.

I've been staying away from this show like it was contagious, but that Two-Face does look really good. Might have to give it a try after all.

Really? I thought it looked generic as hell. The clip i watched, he was "talking" but zero mouth movement

I quite liked the finale. Absolutely no surprise at the show being cancelled and can’t complain on that front, but it did pick up towards the end. The Harvey Dent actor was fun when in his other persona.

I can’t recommend the series but it had some charm and I did like the actor who played Harvey Dent and his Two Face persona.

Finally finished it.

I generally liked it, and I would have liked a second season, but considering how they were struggling against their extremely obvious tiny, tiny budget, I kind of worry what they would have done for season 2.

The showrunners do love cribbing off Nolan, stuff, though, don't they.

The Two-Face makeup wasn't too bad, if it was just for still pictures. It was completely nonfunctional as an acting prosthetic.

I get that they were probably building up too and saving it for future seasons, but, once they knew S2 was getting the ax... I kinda wish they tacked on a final shot of the character(s) in full costume

I get that they were probably building up too and saving it for future seasons, but, once they knew S2 was getting the ax... I kinda wish they tacked on a final shot of the character(s) in full costume
That would’ve been cool actually but I don’t think they had time or even thought about doing that.

That would’ve been cool actually but I don’t think they had time or even thought about doing that.

The absolute biggest issue was the money. The reason why this had a debatable chance of getting a second season was because it was so damn cheap. I mean, did you see Robin and the Talons?

The absolute biggest issue was the money. The reason why this had a debatable chance of getting a second season was because it was so damn cheap. I mean, did you see Robin and the Talons?
Oh believe me I know the situation and I am ultimately glad of how it ended up but yeah money definitely was an issue especially with the suits looking like they got bought from Walmart which is no disrespect to the costume designer since yeah the money issue. It all doesn’t really matter anymore anyway I still enjoyed the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"