DC TV Series Gotham Knights Series In Development at CW

Aww, Duella made a friend. Always good to make friends, especially when they are crazy like you.

The various combinations of pairing off characters for an episode does give it some fun ways to play with, and establish different chemistries. Baring Not-Dick, of course. Still not great, and I don't see him getting better.

And its nice to start getting into the Gotham weirdness early. Guess we know why they don't hire a better Talon.

Yeah I like this show for what it is and I don’t really care if it get picked up for season 2 which I doubt but at the moment it’s just something to watch.

Ok catching up on this now that I’m up to date on S&L. Midway through episode 3. Don’t know what it is but something is making me keep watching this. I wouldn’t be able to describe what I like about the show to someone who was on the fence lol.

Putting to one side the basic premise, the writing and execution isn’t half bad: The protagonists are evolving towards vigilante hero status (now publicly known as the “Gotham knights”); the Court of Owls is suitably mysterious and ominous (not too cartoony); and Harvey Dent’s arc is modestly intriguing.

If this was back in the heyday of Berlanti/DC/CW, I could see this show lasting a few seasons. But now — almost certainly — it’ll be a one-and-done scenario.

Just finished episode 4 and going to start 5 tonight. Might not finish as need to get up very early tomorrow. There must be something about the show as I def want to keep watching. It's working for whatever it's trying to do despite a limited premise.

The cast overall has pretty good chemistry. Not-Dick is about the weakest link, being the whitest of white bread and the most boring. But even then, he's okay when he is with more interesting characters.

THE CW | Superman & Lois (650K/0.1) dropped some eyeballs, while Gotham Knights(490K/0.1) gained some.
Oh right, so this show isn't a million miles behind S&L as I thought it might be.

I watched the second episode and it's still weaker than Titans (I'm on episode 1x5 on that). I'll keep going though. Joker's daughter is my favorite of the cast so far just for her sass.
Yeah, can’t imagine the show without her.

I definitely think this is worse than Titans which isn't saying much because that show isn't all that great either, but at least you had standout characters like Esai Morales's Deathstroke to help elevate it.

The cast having pretty good chemistry only takes it so far IMO, but I'm glad other people are enjoying it. I'm still waiting for things to ramp up though because so far I'm pretty checked out on this show.

The season (series?) finale will be on June 27 following Superman and Lois third season finale.

There was no episode last week right? Still getting used to CW after not having access before.

Finally caught up and this show isn't exactly blowing me away. The only really interesting character to me is Harvey Dent. :(

Finally caught up and this show isn't exactly blowing me away. The only really interesting character to me is Harvey Dent. :(
To be fair it’s not trying to blow anyone away. More
like light entertainment without too much to think about lol. In that way it works to an extent as it’s easy to keep watching.

To be fair it’s not trying to blow anyone away. More
like light entertainment without too much to think about lol. In that way it works to an extent as it’s easy to keep watching.
It almost seems like it's geared more towards young adult where I usually watch more serious fare. Not enough for me to drop it, but so far even Titans is better.

The alternative Joe Chill stuff was cool. This episode feels like things are gearing up. Can't believe I've made it this far in this show but it's got it's own charm for me and I'll be watching till the end. The group is fun together.

It almost seems like it's geared more towards young adult where I usually watch more serious fare. Not enough for me to drop it, but so far even Titans is better.
It's definitely young adult material. I didn't take it seriously at all when I saw it marketed, but something is making me keep watching it lol.

I haven't been a fan of the last couple of episodes, but the most recent one was easily the best by far which isn't saying much, but at least they tried to do something really interesting with a character.

The Joe Chill stuff was really interesting and what makes it even better is that they actually casted Doug Bradley in the role which made those scenes even more compelling to watch.

In more capable hands I definitely think they could have had something with that plot, but hey I'll at least give them some credit for trying which is more than I can say for some shows nowadays.

It was also cool seeing Ethan Embry pop up in the episode as well.

Poor Duella. Missed out on getting her Joe Chill autograph and getting drug into vigiliantism.

The show is definitely growing on me, and the characters. Not-Dick is still the whitest of white bread, but I feel he could go in a fun direction, if they let it.

The relationship web they are building is just so hilarious. Harper and Steph teaming up is fun.

THE CW | Gotham Knights (430K/0.1) added some eyeballs with arguably its best episode thus far.

For me it's still Dent that has most of my attention. I can't wait for him to go full on Two Face. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"