DC TV Series Gotham Knights Series In Development at CW

THE CW | Gotham Knights (430K/0.1) added some eyeballs with arguably its best episode thus far.
Yeah it was possibly the best episode so far, I’d agree with that. I finally committed to watching till the end of the show.

Poor Duella. Missed out on getting her Joe Chill autograph and getting drug into vigiliantism.

The show is definitely growing on me, and the characters. Not-Dick is still the whitest of white bread, but I feel he could go in a fun direction, if they let it.

The relationship web they are building is just so hilarious. Harper and Steph teaming up is fun.
Yeah, I like the team up and hope it continues. Quite fun seeing Steph on the field team now too.

Funnily enough, browsing fandom stuff around this show, he is probably the main draw. A LOT of Supernatural vets are fans of this show.
I think for me the kids are too young for me to relate to so Dent is easier. Plus the actor is great. This is the first thing I've seen him in.

Awww, Duella had an outing with her senior buddy. May have laughed too hard when Eunice stabbed her hand. I do enjoy Duella and Carrie teaming up.

So help me, if the Talon is being powered by Lazarus Pit juice, and the map has a map to a Lazarus Pit....

The art subplot wasn't bad. Fun to see Steph out on the field. Running around the prop warehouse is fun. Always fun to get Bat references.

And getting not too subtle on one thread of the love.... web they have been setting up. Though poor Cullen is getting left out. Give him a cute boy to crush on. Just not Not-Dick, please. The web is messy enough as is.

The Harvey story is a bit whatever when they are dealing with his timeloss. But hey, he seems to be a draw of the show.

^ ya, what I don't get with Harvey is that, in this point in the timeline, shouldn't he have already became Two-Face by now?

Last edited:
I want to be an old biddy like Eunace when I get old. :D She's a tough old bird.
When she stabbed and started to strangle Duella I was like “damn that old woman is strong and she would probably take me out” lol. Story is going in an interesting direction and I still like the dynamic between the cast and looking forward to where Harvey storyline is going as well now that it’s more complicated with his affair.

Stakes getting higher with the Court. The show gets a little better with each episode. Still couldn't recommend it to other people lol, but it certainly has its own charm. I like Duela and Stephanie.

So far Titans is still better to me, but I'm only in the first season still.

They really do like having Duella steal Heath Joker's bits, don't they.

I vote Harphenie.

I much prefer it when Mischa Collins isn't doing the Cass voice. I wish he was using his more normal voice as Harvey. I do want to see the other Harvey more. I am curious at what is going on with the time loss.

Harvey is the only one who really interests me right now. I want to know what his bad side has been up to as well.:)

Ah Duela cares about Turner. :D Don’t particularly want this to turn into a relationship though. Absolute opposites lol.

Anyone know how many episodes are left? Also anyone still watching and up to date?

I'm watching. It's...fine. Not bad, but not all that good, either. It definitely feels more like a typical CW show compared to the other DC shows on the network, save for maybe Naomi. Though like that show, nothing about it really grabs me except for maybe the Harvey stuff. It's a series with a bunch of kids as protagonists, but wants to be taken seriously. That's a problem I had with Gotham until that show just started embracing its wackiness.

The finale is June 27, but it's entirely possible that both this and Superman & Lois take another week or two-week break.

Why on earth would CW want to keep this show?

THE CW | Superman & Lois (666K/0.1) inched up to its best audience since April 4 (and third-largest of the season), with just two episodes left to go. Gotham Knights (360K/0.0, read recaplette) dropped some eyeballs.

The ratings are underwhelming even by CW standards... I doubt there will be an upswing for a second season.

Last night's episode was a bore. I'm struggling to finish. Titans season 1 is so much better than this and I'd rather watch that. :(

I actually thought the latest episode was decent. Some nice dialogue, some nice character interactions/conflicts: Turner and Duela; Duela and her mom; Stephanie and Harper; etc. Also, not as much of the forced melodrama that you see in (say) Superman & Lois.

"The Joker's daughter banged Batman's son" feels like the tagline by which this show was conceived. :funny:

Don't worry everyone, I am interested enough to check out the season, assuring its cancellation.

Its weird that it essentially has the same plot as the game. I am curious to see more world building. Not-Dick is bland, but the rest of the cast is interesting.

Behold, Apollo's gift of prophecy.

They made the right call here, regardless of quality... this was the perfect example of the ''watering down'' of DC/Batman's brand that Gunn/Safran was alluding to.

No more Batman-less or Batman adjacent shows for while. I think we've had our fill.

I only watched here and there clips, and there was nothing of interest to me there.
Sad for the fans and the cast, but i cant say im sad that they cancel it after 1 season.

Watering the IP down so hard, has to stop.
I dont want to see that or the IPs to be turned into Teen Drama stuff.

DC/WB has to stop being so uptight about the IPs, let someone do a Batman TV show with Batman and all in.
Superman and Lois shows that this is working well.
Stop hogging certain DC IPs so hard and let creative people use it.

I'm shocked :o Everybody already knew from the start this was going to get canceled, I'm surprised they even bothered to film all those episodes.

They made the right call here, regardless of quality... this was the perfect example of the ''watering down'' of DC/Batman's brand that Gunn/Safran was alluding to.

No more Batman-less or Batman adjacent shows for while. I think we've had our fill.
Agreed. I won't miss this show all that much.

No surprise. I might be keeping up with it, but this show was as much of a holdover as something like the last few seasons of the Marvel Netflix shows. It taking place in its own world gave it more flexibility, sure, but with the Arrowverse narrowing down as time went on, it was just sort of...there. At least Gotham was on another network and did its own things.

Ah well. The show's fine to just have in the background, but I can't say I'll miss it. I'd take a sixth season of Gotham over it any day of the week.

I enjoyed this show for what it was but not disappointed in the least that this is cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"