Apocalypse Could hugh jackmans wolverine ever be replaced?

"Could hugh jackmans wolverine ever be replaced?"

Of course, but he'll be to Wolverine what Sean Connery is to James Bond.

I could see Kit Harrignton as the next Wolverine. He'll have to bulk up a bit though.

Of course he will be replaced at some point, but I agree it should come once the franchise is re-booted completely.

Until then, Deadpool and Gambit can fill the team rogue role. Literally in Gambits case!

Of course he will be replaced at some point, but I agree it should come once the franchise is re-booted completely.

Until then, Deadpool and Gambit can fill the team rogue role. Literally in Gambits case!

That's going to be a very long wait then. Unreasonably long and unrealistic to expect. Unless Apocalypse bombs hard and Gambit & New Mutants can't recover.

I could see Kit Harrignton as the next Wolverine. He'll have to bulk up a bit though.

I've seen this suggested a lot… are you guys serious? He'd be better suited for Nightcrawler or something like that but Logan?

no.it's going to happen.and a lot sooner than some think.

Gambit like deadpool reportly takes place In present.the X-Men films will be
set in past.Seems like fox's plan is IF new mutants is set in present is do X-Men films in past with spin-offs set in present/near future.

no.it's going to happen.and a lot sooner than some think.

Gambit like deadpool reportly takes place In present.the X-Men films will be
set in past.Seems like fox's plan is IF new mutants is set in present is do X-Men films in past with spin-offs set in present/near future.
You think they are replacing Wolverine very soon, I'd think with his new movie coming out they would wait a little. Unless in his movie his passes the mantle but then I honestly don't know that would work with the past team.

I didn't used to think so but Letos Joker has been accepted so that makes me think he can

I think kit could work.... I'd like to point out Wolverine doesn't necessarily have to take his top off in every movies just wear and xmen suit lol

Why not a younger actor in the past? However, it'd be nice to see Jackman pass the baton to X-23 in the "future" timeline, and even nicer to see the original cast back one more time.
unlike the other characters we've seen the younger versions of cast/recast, Wolverine doesn't age an has looked the same for the past hundred years or so...(we've already seen him throughout history looking the same)

unless we see a film set in the 1850's you can't really just say, this is the younger version of him, like the rest of the new young cast

I'm not holding out any hope but in case he breaks out in the next three years or so, Antony Starr would be my pick.

image.jpg

I'm not holding out any hope but in case he breaks out in the next three years or so, Antony Starr would be my pick.

image.jpg
Fellow Banshee fan, I see.

Problem is that DOFP has shown us Jackman is wolverine in the 60s/70s and also in 2023 where he is starting to grey a little so where would a recast fit in? I think even if you recast in future it would still be a difficult recast for the audience to accept

I would imagine Hugh Jackman's Wolverine will be replaced someday.

By an older Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.

Problem is that DOFP has shown us Jackman is wolverine in the 60s/70s and also in 2023 where he is starting to grey a little so where would a recast fit in? I think even if you recast in future it would still be a difficult recast for the audience to accept

Has to be done though without a full series reboot. Theoretically the recast would fit in with young cast. Set somewhere in 80s/90s. They need to cast someone who is close enough to these young guys in age. Mid to late 20s would be ideal. That way they can have that 15+ year window to make movies. Taron Egerton would be an excellent choice.

Has to be done though without a full series reboot. Theoretically the recast would fit in with young cast. Set somewhere in 80s/90s. They need to cast someone who is close enough to these young guys in age. Mid to late 20s would be ideal. That way they can have that 15+ year window to make movies. Taron Egerton would be an excellent choice.

Honestly. A Wolverine recast is one where it wouldn't play into the context of a story. Where only the audience is aware that the actor has changed, and Prof. X, Magneto, or Beast do not and treat him as if he appeared no different than when they saw him in 1973 DOFP

of course he can be replaced

thats really not a problem.

Last edited:
It sucks but they'll pretty much just ask the audience to just imagine that the new guy was there. Basically do what Marvel did with Hulk and War Machine. The audience had no problem there. They also had no issue accepting that Wolverine looks older in DOFP in comparison to X-men and somehow put on quite a few pounds of muscle between X-men and X2.

Haha maybe a new wolverine in say.... 2040?! Lol

I'd be fine with them stepping away from the Wolverine character for awhile after Jackman leaves it. Not saying forever but their is just so many great X characters that deserve to get screen time. Let the Wolverine be gone for 5 or 6 years. Then start to think about bringing him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"