Apocalypse Could hugh jackmans wolverine ever be replaced?

I'd be fine with them stepping away from the Wolverine character for awhile after Jackman leaves it. Not saying forever but their is just so many great X characters that deserve to get screen time. Let the Wolverine be gone for 5 or 6 years. Then start to think about bringing him back.

That is a good point and unless Jackman changed his mind or wolverine passes the torch to a young newcomer as the new Wolverine I think the past decision is to just wait then bring in a new guy/girl.

No, give me R-Rated 'Weapon X' with Jackman!

Give us a rest from Wolverine for a while.

Then they can reboot and have some sort of tissue sample cloned into the new Wolverine, or his actual son Daken become the new Wolverine.

But let's have a frickin rest for a while. We still have a Wolverine 3 to come anyway. They'll no doubt be rethinking that after Deadpool, lol...

It's inevitable Hugh Jackman is recast as Wolverine at some point. These movies are going to need Wolverine far after Jackman stops playing the character.

I think I'd like to see the original cast in one final chapter soon, separate from X-Force and the inbetweequelogy.

After that, I wouldn't mind a continuation in the future with new teams, a reboot or re-appropriation by Marvel. I have not disliked Avengers 2 & Jessica Jones one bit.

But one thing's for sure: We need a mature X-Men team with chemistry and good values on par with Avengers, and right now it's Jackman, Paquin, Marsden, Berry, Stewart, Page, Grammer, Jansen, etc. who are presently ideal for this.

It'd be a costly, but they could well make one of the top-selling and best-told superhero movies yet, if they planned carefully. It'd be cool if they aimed at an academy award too, because the cast ain't shabby.

end rant.

Last edited:
I think I'd like to see the original cast in one final chapter soon, separate from X-Force and the inbetweequelogy.

After that, I wouldn't mind a continuation in the future with new teams, a reboot or re-appropriation by Marvel. I have not disliked Avengers 2 & Jessica Jones one bit.

But one thing's for sure: We need a mature X-Men team with chemistry and good values on par with Avengers, and right now it's Jackman, Paquin, Marsden, Berry, Stewart, Page, Grammer, Jansen, etc. who are presently ideal for this.

It'd be a costly, but they could well make one of the top-selling and best-told superhero movies yet, if they planned carefully. It'd be cool if they aimed at an academy award too, because the cast ain't shabby.

end rant.

An academy award for a superhero movie? I think that would be a first. This new cast is what we have right now and I'm sure they will grow into the roles. I didn't even see much chemistry between Janseen and Berry in the OT and Jean are supposed to be best friends it seems like Shipp and Turner have offscreen chemistry so it may translate well on the big screen.It was certain people with chemistry but not as much as you say. That would likely cost a lot to get them all back for a movie I think it's best to just do what there doing and move forward with this new cast. XMen aren't Avengers so there doing well with what they have. In time we will get a mature XMen team the tone of the two movies are vastly different as well.

Give us a rest from Wolverine for a while.

Then they can reboot and have some sort of tissue sample cloned into the new Wolverine, or his actual son Daken become the new Wolverine.

But let's have a frickin rest for a while. We still have a Wolverine 3 to come anyway. They'll no doubt be rethinking that after Deadpool, lol...

except they basicly rebooted with time travel with DOFP.

I will be honest and harsh i basiclly view wolverine solo film-which i refuse to call wolverine 3 since first 2 films are erased-as waste of time since 1:They rebooted with time travel In DOFP and most of jackman's time as wolverine has been erased and 2:this film is kind of ilrelvent since jackman doesn't want to do it anymore.the X_Men stories are in past now.this film is almost a stand alone film

Fox should have had the reunion scene at end of DOFP be jackman's swan song as wolverine if he doesn't want to do it anymore.Jackman shouldn't even cameo in Apocalypse since he wants to leave.and if they ever try to say the future ending of DOFP is ilrelvent then that makes the wolverine solo film even more ilrelvent

but it's only matter of time before wolverine is recast.

He can be replaced. Not in the Fox universe though. In the MCU

He can and will be replaced, it'll be like recasting the joker though so I feel for the poor actor who has to follow Jackman as there will be great expectations.

Just like with Batman and The Joker, someone else can play the character and make it their own.

It's all in the execution.

Who is to say someone can't play Wolverine better? Let me be clear, I love Jackman's take on Wolverine. And I mean, his performance is a big reason we got a big X-Men franchise and are still getting movies now.

However, you could also argue there is still room for someone else to play character and maybe, just maybe do it even better.

Maybe there are other aspects of the Wolverine mythos another actor can nail down or depict. Maybe in the future another filmmaker and actor will showcase a more traditional Wolverine. Like maybe next time, Wolverine will be a shorter, stockier dude and he will get to wear a more traditional costume, with the mask. I don't want to be like Herr Logan and be all like "ARGGH! NO MASK! NO COSTUME! NO SHORT WOLVERINE! THIS SUCKS! GET JOE ROGAN!" Yeah Joe Rogan was never going to play Wolverine.

But I mean at first I was skeptical about Heath Ledger's Joker and if he could be better and more iconic than Jack Nicholson's. He was.

My favorite James Bonds used to be Sean Connery and Timothy Dalton, until I saw Daniel Craig. The previous Bond actors did good jobs to varying degrees, but I enjoyed Craig because he seemed to most resemble the character depicted in Fleming's books, which I also enjoyed.

Honestly, I'm open to the whole franchise getting a bit of a soft reboot. My basic problem is that with all the period piece stuff, all these great characters are now spread across decades so they can't really interact with each other in the present day without a lot of contrived storytelling.

I think it could be done don't me wrong...probably not in the X universe but a whole new version.

It'll probably be a hard act to follow so I wish that actors well :)

I mean eventually they will recast him. But look how long it took to recast Christopher Reeve in a movie--and how Brandon Routh (and to a lesser extent Henry Cavill) have both been found wanting. Heck, replacing Tobey Maguire as Spidey led to a muted response to Garfield from the general audience even though the comics fanbase largely prefers Garfield.

I think Fox is aware of this and they will give "Wolverine a rest." Deadpool proves you can make money without Wolverine and I suspect so will X-Men: Apocalypse. They'll probably do another trilogy with the young cast, and Deadpool, and Gambit, and maybe combine those two and others for an R-rated X-Factor franchise.

Fox has to be aware of it since it was confirmed this week they're doing Old Man Logan. That sounds like a retirement of the character for at least the foreseeable future.

I think resting wolverine is a good idea! And there are so many characters to explore... But we'll have to wait and see I guess

You can't rest Wolverine because he makes money and he is one of the franchise's most lucrative character.

i agree i think they will leave wolverine alone for a while before recasting, i doubt it will be within the next 5 years

I think jackmans left such a mark on wolverine that they won't recast in a rush

he will be recast since i feel fox's takeaway from deadpool will be to make everything lighter.

A lighter Wolverine... :hehe:

he will be recast since i feel fox's takeaway from deadpool will be to make everything lighter.

orig-21038850.jpg

Lots of bloody violence and swearing is "lighter"?

MRobbins has been stricken with paranoia. He's referring to the movie's prevailing tone ofc and even just the way Reese and Wernick wrote the X-Men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"