Comics Could Jameson take Peter Parker to court.

D-day

Civilian
Reaction score
Do you think that JJJ could take Peter to court?. Because he's been conning/selling him pictures of "Spider-man" for years, when he is infact Spider-man? It just seems like the sort of thing that he would do. :confused:

:unishr:

Sounds Lame.

No offense.

Peter was a vigilante anyway. Does the government pardon him and he becomes a civil servant?

Does he become a vigilante with the mask off and travel the country a la Hulk, more likely. That actually would be interesting, but again, the Hulk and Ben Reilly has been their, done that.

No talent hack JMS has to copy Hulk now, since he CAN'T WRITE SPIDER-MAN.

He can write, Star Trek, Highlander, Doc Strange, and probably a good Hulk(Maskless Peter) whoopity-do :rolleyes:

D-day said:

Don't know why you're confused. If the government pardons Spidey for all his past actions while living a double life, Jameson has no case and it would be thrown out. If not, then Maybe Peter goes on the run for a few years.

:thing:

What con?! Peter sold JJJ pictures of Spider-Man in action. They WERE pictires of Spider-Man in action. He always said, don't ask me how I got them...

yeah there does not seem to be any con jjj asked for pictures of spiderman and peter sold them to him, end of the day why would he sue he got better photo's from peter for his front page, im more interested to see what he will say to peter

Of course, now that he's out he could finish suin' JJ fer libel...

THAT's what I want to read in comic books! LITIGATION! WHOO!

Zzzzzzzzz

Well I hate to say I told you so, but check out the preview of Amazing Spider-man #533 with JJJ taking Peter to court for $5million. I knew it! :o

Like others have said, where is the con? He asked for pictures of Spider-man. Peter Parker is Spider-man. He sold him pictures of himself. It's not like Peter isn't Spider-man and he just dressed up to take the pictures and sold them. Then it would actually be a con since he never gave JJJ what he wanted. In the end he actually gave JJJ what he requested. End of story. JJJ just didn't know that Peter was Spider-man. That isn't a con at all from how I understand things.

It will most likely be thrown out of court. Peter shouldn't even worry about it I feel, he didn't do anything wrong, just gave what was requested of him. Is it any different from say a actor selling a photograph of themselves to a fan or newspaper. Or selling photos of their family to hollywood magazines for PR when requested for them? What could JJ actually say that would allow him to sue Peter I wonder.

If he does sue JJJ better be careful before Pete sues him libel now that everyone knows who he is it could damage his image, not just his masked altar ego.

surely jjj would have doubts whether or not peter is spiderman, he saw them togetehr in bens run

SPOILER

Jameson IS taking peter to court, as revealed in ASM 533, for 5 million dollars

Dude! Read the posts, I already said that. :confused:

:o I see. I think I missed that the first time

*blushes and runs*

just because he is trying to do it dosnt mean he will win....he is hotheaded and thinks too fast his natural reaction is too sue him, i dunno though i think that maybe jms is only using the surface of jamesons character, i seem to remember during the web of carnage (95?) that he said one of the bugles finest career moves was having peter, and jjj cares for peter, i know he would have mixed emotions as he hates spidey but he thought his own son was spidey and didnt hate his own son.....we shall see mayber im talking a load of bull

spidey-dude said:
just because he is trying to do it dosnt mean he will win....he is hotheaded and thinks too fast his natural reaction is too sue him, i dunno though i think that maybe jms is only using the surface of jamesons character, i seem to remember during the web of carnage (95?) that he said one of the bugles finest career moves was having peter, and jjj cares for peter, i know he would have mixed emotions as he hates spidey but he thought his own son was spidey and didnt hate his own son.....we shall see mayber im talking a load of bull

Actually, I think Jonah has a case. I mean how many times over the past 40 years has the bugle been trashed by spiderman? Too many. Then there was the incident with jonah adn spidey been bound together with a bomb...Meh, JJJ has something to go on.

But since Iron Man and Spidey are such good friends, IM can just pick up the tab. Yeah right.

Actually I think that Peter could bring up some very big charges against JJJ. Has everyone forgotten the number of times he has tried to kill him or has paid someone to kill him (remember Scorpion or Smythe and the spiderslayers).

Remember that Peter did convince Jonh that John was Spider-Man. That's a good case for fraud right there.

vegeta21 said:
Remember that Peter did convince Jonh that John was Spider-Man. That's a good case for fraud right there.

I dont think JJJ will want to bring that up since, if I remember correctly, he did not give the whole reward to Peter (In fact he kept most of it himself), and since it was not his money and the person who put up the money wanted it to be given to the person who reveals Spider-Man's ID, what JJJ did could be seen as theft/fraud itself. Besides since Peter outed himself that reward should go to him now anyway (the whole 1 mil if I remeber correctly), so he could actually demand that JJJ give him the rest of the money.

The creation of the Spider Slayers and the Scorpion are instances of conspiracy to commit murder not to mention the times that Jameson has libeled Spidey in his newspaper. Spidey stands a good chance of getting rich off of Jameson

Well legally(given the original posters choice of what to sue for), the judge assuming he isnt a prick can not go in favor of Jameson.

What does jameson have to sue for?

He asked peter for pictures of spiderman. Peter gave him legit pictures of spiderman. Peter fullfilled his part of the bargain. Revelation of identity was not apart of the deal and so Jameson has no standing. Also jameson sold papers with peters pictures. So where are the damages? None, Jameson has no damages to settle with peter. If he does then peters pictures of himself will more then justify reimbursment. But given supervillains being actually responsible for those damages. Jameson has no bearing to sue.

Hell Peter can sue the Bugle efor all the libel against him .

storyteller said:
Well legally(given the original posters choice of what to sue for), the judge assuming he isnt a prick can not go in favor of Jameson.

What does jameson have to sue for?

He asked peter for pictures of spiderman. Peter gave him legit pictures of spiderman. Peter fullfilled his part of the bargain. Revelation of identity was not apart of the deal and so Jameson has no standing. Also jameson sold papers with peters pictures. So where are the damages? None, Jameson has no damages to settle with peter. If he does then peters pictures of himself will more then justify reimbursment. But given supervillains being actually responsible for those damages. Jameson has no bearing to sue.

Hell Peter can sue the Bugle efor all the libel against him .

Actually Peter cant sue the Bugle for past libel's since he already sued the Bugle as Spiderman and decided to settle out of court, so JJJ is safe on that front.

What he can do is bring up charges of assualt and attempted murder against JJJ and sue him for damages in civil courts under those charges.

Alright...

JJJ's lawsuit has no merit. He's claiming fraud and wants the money back for all the photos based on that. The problem is that there's no fraud involved. He paid Pete to take pictures of Spider-Man, and that is exactly what Pete did. The Bugle sold a lot of issues and made a lot of money on those photos, so no "damage" was done to JJJ. The only way this is fraud is if the photos turn out to be fake- i.e., not really Spider-Man.

This is not the case. The photos ARE Spider-Man. The photographer is the one who misrepresented himself, but that's no different than any other artist working under a professional alias. The value of the photos isn't judged based on who produced them, but on the subject and quality of the photos.

JJJ paid for photos of Spider-Man. JJJ got photos of Spider-Man. There's no fraud here.

Think about it this way: If Hulk Hogan set up a tripod and took a bunch of self-photos of himself in various Hulk Hogan poses, in the HH costume, and then sold them to Pro Wrestling Illustrated under his real name of Terry Bolea, would that be fraud? No. PWI is getting what they paid for, and there's no crime in taking photos of yourself and selling them under an assumed name, so we can logically state that there is no crime in taking photos of yourself under an assumed name and then selling them via your legal name.

Another point: As Pete has operated as Spider-Man for many years now, he's probably legally allowed to use "Spider-Man" as a name. After so many years in common usage, the courts accept "stage names" as legal names.

So Spider-Man sold pictures of Spider-Man to the Daily Bugle, and had the checks made out to Peter Parker. No crime. JJJ's out of luck.

Let me also point out that Tony Stark's lawyers would eat The Daily Bugle's lawyers for lunch, even if JJJ did have a case, which he doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"