Age of Ultron Could Micheal Douglas make a cameo in AoU?

Khonshu

Civilian
Reaction score
It could happen, right? Think about it:

Douglas was cast as Hank Pym in Ant-Man prior to start of filming in A:AoU.

We know from the recent EW summary that Ultron is a Stark product, but... could Hank make a quick cameo as a consultant to Stark on the Ultron designs?

This would do two major things:

1. Give a nod to Ultron comic origins and blow comic fans' minds as a surprise appearance in the film.

2. More importantly for General Audiences, tie in the Ant-Man franchise to the Avengers by having Pym in both films.

It's not like Douglas has such a busy schedule that he couldn't squeeze a 1-day short scene shoot into his schedule. He has one film in post-production and nothing else but Ant-Man on his current acting.

Thoughts?

He's not in the movie per Whedon.

Regardless once Ant-Man comes out, people are naturally going to assume and see how he'll actually fit into the MCU and A3. That's not even a concern.

Joss said that the Ultron origins would be reworked, but that doesn't rule out a cameo, does it?

Besides, that statement was from a year and a director and about 20 Ant-Man screenwriters ago...

BTW - I'm fine with Stark as creator. Just speculating on the chance to tie Pym in...

Lay it down. Lay it dowwwwwwn.

I do think it would be awesome if Pym did have an end credits cameo. Why not? A nice way to get people hyped for Anty

I think Ant-Man (Scott Lange) will have a cameo in the post credit scene. There's no point in having Pym there.

Scott Lang works for Stark Industries doesnt he? Theres a nice easy link.

giphy.gif

A Pym cameo would not blow anyone's minds, nor would it get them interested in Ant-Man, since Pym would be nearly useless and unimportant. Better to introduce him in a movie where he's important and interesting and then tie that into Avengers 3 like the rest.

Michael Douglas will not be appearing in Age of Ultron.

Hank Pym won't create Ultron, nor have anything to do with his creation whatsoever.

Hank Pym will not be married to Wasp

Hank Pym will not be Ant-Man

Hank Pym is Hank Pym in name only.

I agree that Pym wont be in AOU.
But I do not think that it has been 100% confirmed that he either was never married to Janet in the film or was married to her at one time .
There might be a Janet reference of some sort even as an ex wife .

Hank Pym will not be the only/current Ant-Man

Fixed. Also of note, Hank Pym will not only have Hank Pyms name, but his career, former codename, powers, costume, and generally everything about Ant-Man except for his relationships and age. So it's a bit more than name only.

Refuse to let it go until Ant man comes out

A Pym cameo would not blow anyone's minds, nor would it get them interested in Ant-Man, since Pym would be nearly useless and unimportant. Better to introduce him in a movie where he's important and interesting and then tie that into Avengers 3 like the rest.

What, like Nick Fury in Iron Man 2 didn't blow anyone's mind? Or Mjolnir? Or The Collector in Thor 2? Or Stephen Strange in Cap 2? Or the many rumored cameos in GotG?

I think Pym, introducing himself to Tony as a tech consultant in a brief moment during the film, would be similar to the moments above. An inside reference for comic fans and a "who's this guy?" moment for GA.

It would be cool if Tony knows Pym already or theres some connection in their history.

I think Hanks connection will be found to be with Howard Stark and early Shield.

I think it'd be neat to get a little easter egg cameo, or just a mention about how his work inspired Stark's own AI work. No way it'd be more than that.

What, like Nick Fury in Iron Man 2 didn't blow anyone's mind? Or Mjolnir? Or The Collector in Thor 2? Or Stephen Strange in Cap 2? Or the many rumored cameos in GotG?

I think Pym, introducing himself to Tony as a tech consultant in a brief moment during the film, would be similar to the moments above. An inside reference for comic fans and a "who's this guy?" moment for GA.

Does Tony Stark look like the kinda guy who neesd/uses a tech consultant? Plus, anything like that hurts the idea of Pym being this retired reclusive hero if he's kicking it with Avengers, it's like, why didn't they get his help if the world is on fire, and he's this superhero? He can't be this machiavellian figure if he's been playing an unimportant role for Tony. Plus, you remove the journey from Ant-Man of Lang discovering him and what kind of person he is when we already know he's a public figure and a buddy of the Avengers.

Let Pym be an Ant-Man character, and after we get to see what he's like, and what he's about, then if it helps the story for him to be connected to the current day Avengers, do that. If it's better that he remain isolated and retired, do that. Don't just shove him in there to 'blow fans minds' if it doesn't help the story. That's how we ended up with plotholes like Loki possessing Svelwig when he first saw the cube end credits for Cap instead of during the Avengers as we saw, or Tony recruiting Hulk through General Ross having to be retconned in him failing to recruit Abomination. Make it important and relevant to the story. Cameos for cameos sake just suck.

Object cameos, like some you mentioned, tend to work out much better. So having Ant-Man's helmet in a scene actually works, much like having Thor's hammer or Cap's shield show up before they were introduced. Didn't quite work out so well for the Infinity Gauntlet, but something as simple as Ant-Man's helmet shouldn't cause a problem.

I don't think Michael Douglas will make a cameo in the film, but I do have a feeling they will tie Hank Pym to Ultron's origins in SOME way for a nod to the fans. After all, in the plot synopsis for the film it says that Tony Stark reboots a dormant peace keeping program...

What if this peace keeping program was started by Hank Pym in the 60's and then went dormant for years?

There's no reason for Hank Pym to be in this movie.

giphy.gif

Really?.... Still going on about this topic? It'd be nice but I wouldnt hold my breath. Joss Whedon stated
"We’re doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He’s not."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"