The Dark Knight Rises A theory about an alternate TDKR with the Joker

Sounds better then what we got.
Bale was contracted for a third movie. So in a dream universe where Heath had lived, Nolan stepped down after TDK and the franchise continued Bond style.....? I would have done the Prey storyline with Joker as a Hannibal Lector type. In a couple of scenes where he interacts with Batman. Of course with Strange/Catwoman.

Then it would be time to tackle Riddler, Penguin, and eventually get to Bane/Talia. But it would have been years from now with a different director, different set of actors, but same continuity. It sounds like a cool thought, but i thought TDKR was incredibly epic and a bold move to go for the Dark Knight Returns/Knightfall/No Man's Land angle after Heaths death.

I wouldn't say Knightfall or No Man's land were ever my favourites of terms of story, but I do think they were told better then TDKRs. I did enjoy Dark knight returns though and wished he would have followed that theme bit more closely in terms of Batman's representation.

Knightfall is honestly a chore to read for me except for the epic back breaking scene.

Never cared for AzBats.

Haha no kidding eh?

As cool as it would have been to have more movies with Ledger, i prefer the route they took with this one. Another Joker, Two-Face movie would have felt repetitive for me since it would be 2 movies in a row. Just a reversal, with Two-Face as the lead villain. I like a nice contrast. It was the reason why i didnt want Riddler for Batman 3. If it wasn't going to be Bane/Talia with Catwoman then a movie with just Penguin or Hugo Strange/Catwoman (Prey) would have been my choice.

I wouldn't have minded Strange being the main villain in TDKR even if it was still eight years later, but I definitely love the idea of the League of Shadows being bookends to The Dark Knight Trilogy. It makes the series as a whole feel like a trilogy in the veins of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

It's like, while Batman set out to clean the streets of Gotham City from the mobs and ultimately this psychotic man known as Joker, there is this group that Batman also had to deal with that was more worldly than just taking out mobs.

:funny:

Completely agree. This movie for me will always be plan "B" and will be the weakest part of the trilogy.

Given how much recycled furniture there was in TDKR, and how unique BB and TDK were, I agree.

Batman Prey is a great story. I wish Hugo Strange had been more like that in Arkham City.

[YT]TQZt1uprCF8[/YT]
This idea was stolen from me. I had uploaded a video almost exactly along these lines until it was removed for copyright.

here's my latest idea for a potential Joker cameo that would've rocked the movie. Don't know how long it'll stay up on youtube, but hope you get to see it anyhow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuDAPb4XLGM

- M&DC

It disgusts me that you don't even have the decency to at least credit the original idea to me.

Id like to see ur version of that video. Obviously it was a little different?

I wouldn't have minded Strange being the main villain in TDKR even if it was still eight years later, but I definitely love the idea of the League of Shadows being bookends to The Dark Knight Trilogy. It makes the series as a whole feel like a trilogy in the veins of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

It's like, while Batman set out to clean the streets of Gotham City from the mobs and ultimately this psychotic man known as Joker, there is this group that Batman also had to deal with that was more worldly than just taking out mobs.

:funny:
Yeah for sure. And the physicality of Bane was something very fresh imo. Instead of just another psychological nemesis.

I honestly think that the ideal TDKR would have been a mix of Prey and Knightfall.

You could have had Bane take the place of the Night Scourge, and Hugo Strange could have been working for the League of Shadows, in the same capacity that Crane was in BB.

But it would have been a HUGE film - they would probably have had to split it into two parts.

Plan B ? What the hell ?

I really recommend reading the art and the book , and how these things were made.

This idea was stolen from me. I had uploaded a video almost exactly along these lines until it was removed for copyright.

It disgusts me that you don't even have the decency to at least credit the original idea to me.
It's hardly an amazingly innovative idea, it's completely possible he came up with the idea on his own without having ever seen yours.

It's hardly an amazingly innovative idea, it's completely possible he came up with the idea on his own without having ever seen yours.
I highly HIGHLY doubt that, considering I had posted it in the exact same Official Dark Knight Rises manip thread in august (which happens to be a thread he's around all the time), and he only just posted it in october after I got a warning for copyright from youtube.

But you know what? That just shows me his lack of integrity and maturity. Because of the corrupt society we live in, no one's going to listen to me or believe me. He practically plagiarized my idea word for word.

BARELY. He used the same footage from TDK and the same concept. It's obvious he had seen my previous video. Only difference is mine had used bootleg footage because I did it RIGHT after the movie came out, therefore it was removed. He just waited till the blueray discs came out and made the same video.

It's like someone copying your homework and writing their name on it. It has his own writing, but it was still my creativity that conjured the work in the first place. He wouldn't have done it had I not posted it. That's my point.

And if you can find a way for me to send the original vid to you without getting banned or otherwise, sure.

I highly HIGHLY doubt that, considering I had posted it in the exact same Official Dark Knight Rises manip thread in august (which happens to be a thread he's around all the time), and he only just posted it in october after I got a warning for copyright from youtube.

But you know what? That just shows me his lack of integrity and maturity. Because of the corrupt society we live in, no one's going to listen to me or believe me. He practically plagiarized my idea word for word.

Yeah, that's great but your idea sucks.

I don't even know what I expected to get out of this to be honest, I just thought people should know the truth. It doesn't feel good seeing someone take all the credit for something that was originally yours. But I guess some people are so ignorant that they don't care.

I think this may be the best proof I could provide at this point (without getting banned):
46993549.png

A warning about pirated material etc. because my version used bootleg footage (other footage wasn't available at this time).
26958288.png

Some screenshots from my version to give you guys an idea (the sound quality was pretty bad especially with Bane's voice
so I had to put subtitles to even things out and make it understandable to an extent).

What really happened is up to you to decide, i'm probably not gonna make a difference anyways, seeing how a couple of you reacted.

- M&DC

Last edited:
Yeah , i remember yours. Its almost the same.

I dont like either sorry :woot: But you're right. They are almost the same.

Because of the corrupt society we live in, no one's going to listen to me or believe me. He practically plagiarized my idea word for word.

Do you have any real life problems or responsibilities? The idea that someone may or may not have "stolen" your precious (stupid) idea and the lack of concern or empathy for this injustice that has befallen you is the result of a corrupt society (blah blah blah). :waa:

LOL.

Drama queen.

Wow, wow, wow, wow. Stop. I haven´t seen your video. I came up with 50% of the idea when I saw TDKR in the theater. The other 50% was playing with the video editor.

Sorry... I guess :huh::huh::huh:

I agree, marvelanddcfan you need to take a chill pill.

The idea of both those videos is cool, but it's hardly anything that any mildly creative fan couldn't come up with in five minutes.

Hell, I bet you even some of the six year old Batman fans who had seen both TDK and TDKR had similar ideas in their imaginations.

I see what ur saying marvelanddcfan but you have to understand that u didnt create the idea. Me and many others have thought of this idea since the movie came out. The guy either saw ur video (or not) and just changed the Joker having his mask on and went with a different clip of Joker right when he "shoots Bane".

All is good man. If i had the patience and editing skills i would have done a video like that myself right after July 20th. And it probably would have been 95 percent close to what u had.

I came up with the idea of Batman faking his death, Bane as a member of the LOS, Gordon's final speech and a memorial statue way before they even began filming......and those %$#@'ing Nolans stole'em!

I'm suin'.....!

I came up with the idea of Batman faking his death, Bane as a member of the LOS, Gordon's final speech and a memorial statue way before they even began filming......and those %$#@'ing Nolans stole'em!

I'm suin'.....!

Charles Dickens?! :wow:

Charles Dickens?! :wow:

Not the particulars, just Gordon giving a speech of some sort at the end in light of Batman's apparent 'death'.

:D

And I thought he lifted it from Star Trek II. :oldrazz:

Wow, wow, wow, wow. Stop. I haven´t seen your video. I came up with 50% of the idea when I saw TDKR in the theater. The other 50% was playing with the video editor.

Sorry... I guess :huh::huh::huh:

No, I should be apologizing. I'm really sorry.

Sometimes I let my paranoia get the best of me, and truth be told I wasn't having the best day ( a lot of people had screwed me over throughout the day), by the time I came across the video, so I automatically thought you had done the same.

About the video: As much as a I hate cliches, maybe great minds do think alike.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"