Could the MCU Avengers stop a MOS Krypronian invasion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faora was knocked out by a regular old missile....I think Thor or HULK could easily surpass that level of force.

not to mention all you have to do is get in a few shots, damage the kryptonian suits and each kryptonian would be crippled.
Her speed alone would be enough to overwhelm them.

You say that all that's needed is to get in a lucky shot, but the same can be said of anyone. The key here is that they'd have to be able to catch her first, and nobody in the entire MCU, presumably until the debut of Quicksilver anyway, has demonstrated the ability to match Kryptonian speed. The Avengers get curbstomped due to brute strength alone, nevermind superior numbers as well. Hate to say it, but this is hardly an even debate.

Her speed alone would be enough to overwhelm them.

You say that all that's needed is to get in a lucky shot, but the same can be said of anyone. The key here is that they'd have to be able to catch her first, and nobody in the entire MCU, presumably until the debut of Quicksilver anyway, has demonstrated the ability to match Kryptonian speed. The Avengers get curbstomped due to brute strength alone, nevermind superior numbers as well. Hate to say it, but this is hardly an even debate.

super speed assumes she'll be running around doing hit and run moves. remember the smallville fight scene involved body slamming and throws. once she tries that on hulk its game over. he would damage her suit subjecting her to the pain and disorientation of being fully exposed to earths environment.

the vulnerability of earth environment exposure cannot be over come by the super speed trump card people with your thinking would HAVE TO rely on to get Faora to win. each newly arrived kryptonian in the DC cinematic universe comes with a built in SUPER WEAKNESS. She does not even fight in such a way that maximizes her speed advantage. btw Thor has lightning which she can't outrun. and remember he defense strategy vs the missile that kicked her ass? she stood their and ate it getting KOed in the process. no attempt to use that super speed you would need her to use to get by a rampaging hulk, a Thor lightning barrage or the flying homing missile that is mjolnir itself.

Why on earth would she need to employ hit and run tactics? I said her speed alone makes for a decisive enough advantage, but coupled with her strength, abilities, and reflexes(meaning that the Hulk or Thor have no hope of ever grabbing or touching her/them), she would decimate the Avengers. You also seem to be assuming that the rest of her cohorts wouldn't be there to assist.

The Hulk and Thor were never demonstrably as powerful as the Kryptonians were shown to be, so no, it wouldn't be game over if she were grabbed by either of them. It wouldn't even be a stalemate, because even if she couldn't knock Hulk out or kill him, she's stronger, and could therefore restrain him if nothing else. Either way, Zod and his forces would completely smother them, and no amount of lightning, Hulk rage, or Mjolnir tossing could change that.

Thor and Hulk could destroy the machines but it would boil down to Zod vs Thor and Hulk (Stark wouldn't have survived). Zod could kill Thor, but the Hulk would only get more and more angry until he broke Zod or ate him or both.

Its really funny how people always overestimate Hulk, just because he gets stronger the angrier he gets. Zods power level is muuuuuuuch higher than anything that Hulk exhibits in the Marvel movies, so even if Hulk can get angrier and stronger, it seems to take a long time for him to do it, since he didn't achieved it yet. That would be enough time for Zod to kill him.
Look at the Zod/Supes fight. After Clark gets a few big hits in, Zod figures out how to distort gravity around him, which enables him to fly. Mere seconds after that he takes Kal-El into outer space.
He would do the same with Hulk, maybe even earlier since he sees that Hulk cannot fly. As soon as Hulk is out of the earths atmosphere, he is toast. He can get as angry as he wants, but he would die.

The real opponent for Zod and the Kryptonians is not Hulk. Faora alone would take outHulk, with her speed and cunning. No, the real problem is Thor!
Thor is not nearly strong enough to beat Zod in a fistfight, but he has Mjolnir and the lightning!
I still think that Zod would kill him, since the damage Zod does to Metropolis shows power on a level much greater than anything in Marvels movies. Hulk and Thor double teaming Zod, however... hat could do the trick, but only if the other Kryptonians are already gone. If Zod still has his soldiers and would actuall use them all, nothing would safe the Avengers. But then again, even Supes couldn't beat Zod and his soldiers at the same time.

Iron Man and the rest would die pretty quick, if they were dumb enough to attack Zod head on. Going by the power of Heat Vision in MoS, Zod could cut Tony inside the armour clean in half in a second.

On the other hand, Supes would have no problems with the Chitauri. Sure, he is one man, while the Avengers were many, but he is also much faster than them. I don't even think that the force field around the portal generator would give him a problem, since Tonys repulsor blast is much weaker than Heat Vision or Supes strength. I really think Kal could punch through it and if not, then he would take the roof off the building and throw it through the portal.

And this is not Marvel hate. Even if I like MoS a lot more, I liked almost all Marvel movies a lot. This is just based on what I think would happen.

Last edited:
Why on earth would she need to employ hit and run tactics? I said her speed alone makes for a decisive enough advantage, but coupled with her strength, abilities, and reflexes(meaning that the Hulk or Thor have no hope of ever grabbing or touching her/them), she would decimate the Avengers. You also seem to be assuming that the rest of her cohorts wouldn't be there to assist.

The Hulk and Thor were never demonstrably as powerful as the Kryptonians were shown to be, so no, it wouldn't be game over if she were grabbed by either of them. It wouldn't even be a stalemate, because even if she couldn't knock Hulk out or kill him, she's stronger, and could therefore restrain him if nothing else. Either way, Zod and his forces would completely smother them, and no amount of lightning, Hulk rage, or Mjolnir tossing could change that.

again you're ignoring her fighting style which was demonstrated in the smallville fight. she did not move at super speed the entire fight, she grabbed and tossed superman around putting herself in situations where she gets grabbed, stood there and let bullets, heat vision and a missile hit her. when she did get hit with the missile it was lights out. all this points to a fighter who would be unable to make the speed advantage overcome the massive kryptonian weakness to having their helmet damaged. now you're bringing in the idea of overwhelming numbers from the kryptonian side.

this argument was about one kryptonian vs the avengers. you said, "I think the Avengers would have about a snowball's chance in Hell at stopping Faora on her worst day. We didn't even get to see the extent of Zod's forces, but any one of them would be enough to overwhelm the Avengers." I've been making this more of a one on one argument as one vs the whole avengers is not fair.

at the end of the day you have to rely on the speed argument or bringing in help which was never part of you original statement. if you're going to bring in the idea that she would have help then you must concede that your original statement was wrong. as far as the speed argument goes you have to envision her using that speed to a level of effectiveness she never demonstrated in the movie. The speed argument fails when you watch the smallville fight.

if she puts herself in grappling situations, lets bullets hit her, lets heat vision hit her, lets a missile hit her then she gets hit by Mjolnir, lightning barrages, and gets slammed around by hulk like loki did. and as demonstrated by the smallville fight she's simply not durable enough to withstand that. for sure her helmet is not.

Last edited:
You guys are discounting the idea that Stark could bring 50 other suits to the fight.
Though that was after avengers.

I haven't changed my argument at all. I still hold that she would decimate the entire team because nobody has reflexes fast enough to catch her. My other point was simply addressing the topic at hand, which was team vs team, which is again hardly a matter of debate at all. And how does her speed fail? She was a literal blur when she took out the soldiers, which is a level of speed that nobody in the entire MCU has ever been shown to be able to contend with at all. Again, based on her raw speed alone, she would dominate. Coupled with her other advantages, it would be a massacre.

In summary, due to her speed and reflexes, not only could she not be caught, but she would abuse the Avengers. Strength and durability means that she couldn't be hurt while severely damaging and killing them all. The Avengers simply don't stand much of a chance. This is a borderline spite thread.

Otherwise, I'm not even seeing where you're going with this. The entire premise of your argument seems based around perceived flaws in her fighting style or judgment, when you haven't even entertained those notions with regard to the Avengers. You assume that she would wrecklessly endanger herself and become fodder for Hulk or Thor, as if it would ever be that simple in the first place.

Faora didnt dodge the missle because her mask was disintegrating and she was disoriented. She was squinting and covering her ears, meaning she was overwhelmed by her senses. I would argue that the sight and sound of a missle blowing up in her face had as much to do with knocking her out as the actual impact. Although we will never know for sure, i think without her senses going haywire Faora may not have been knocked out by a "simple missle".

^ Foara could dispatch Movie-Thor easily. She'd throw Cap around like a rag-doll. She'd dodge Hawkeye's arrows, but even them hitting her wouldn't stun her. Iron Man probably couldn't catch her, and she'd absorb the explosions and tear his armor off.
Hulk could give her a run for her money, but he'd have to catch her. Her being able to fly gives her a HUGE advantage.

As for Superman in TA, he could just kill the Chitauri and throw them in space.

^ Foara could dispatch Movie-Thor easily. She'd throw Cap around like a rag-doll. She'd dodge Hawkeye's arrows, but even them hitting her wouldn't stun her. Iron Man probably couldn't catch her, and she'd absorb the explosions and tear his armor off.
Hulk could give her a run for her money, but he'd have to catch her. Her being able to fly gives her a HUGE advantage.

I think that she would easily overpower Hulk, in addition to the speed advantage. Someone mentioned earlier that he would probably get tossed right into space if they couldn't figure out a way to kill him, which makes sense.

I haven't changed my argument at all. I still hold that she would decimate the entire team because nobody has reflexes fast enough to catch her. My other point was simply addressing the topic at hand, which was team vs team, which is again hardly a matter of debate at all. And how does her speed fail? She was a literal blur when she took out the soldiers, which is a level of speed that nobody in the entire MCU has ever been shown to be able to contend with at all. Again, based on her raw speed alone, she would dominate. Coupled with her other advantages, it would be a massacre.

In summary, due to her speed and reflexes, not only could she not be caught, but she would abuse the Avengers. Strength and durability means that she couldn't be hurt while severely damaging and killing them all. The Avengers simply don't stand much of a chance. This is a borderline spite thread.

Otherwise, I'm not even seeing where you're going with this. The entire premise of your argument seems based around perceived flaws in her fighting style or judgment, when you haven't even entertained those notions with regard to the Avengers. You assume that she would wrecklessly endanger herself and become fodder for Hulk or Thor, as if it would ever be that simple in the first place.

my premise is based on you overestimating the speed advantage while ignoring her obvious weakness. you really need to watch MOS again to see the limited effectiveness of her speed and the way she does wrecklessly endanger herself. she simply does not utilize her speed to a degree that would suggest she avoids taking damage from either thor or hulk and it does not take much to cripple her helmet.

she is not this an untouchable speedforce demon you are portraying. i'll say it again, if she puts herself in grappling situations, lets bullets hit her, lets heat vision hit her, lets a missile hit her then she gets hit by Mjolnir, lightning barrages, and gets slammed around by hulk like loki did. and as demonstrated by the smallville fight she's simply not durable enough to withstand that. for sure her helmet is not.

Don't quite understand what the point is of comparing two different universe's characters in terms of powers and nemeses. It just seems like one of those 'my dad can kick your dad's ass' threads along with a bit of 'my movie's better than your movie'. It's pretty silly in my opinion.

If you think it's silly, thats fine. However, they are both alien invasion comic book movies with a large scale battle in a major city at the end. I think it's a bit silly not to see the similarities. And what harm comes from comparing the two? This isn't my dad vs your dad, bad comparison. I enjoyed both movies and saw both in theaters multiple times.

except for the fact she never flies in the movie. she jumps around like the hulk. so if anything that's one advantage for Thor and IM who can fly. the only kryptonians shown with flight ability are superman and zod

Last edited:
If you think it's silly, thats fine. However, they are both alien invasion comic book movies with a large scale battle in a major city at the end. I think it's a bit silly not to see the similarities. And what harm comes from comparing the two? This isn't my dad vs your dad, bad comparison. I enjoyed both movies and saw both in theaters multiple times.

That's fair enough but it won't be long before a can of worms opens and crawls into everyone's keyboards.

my premise is based on you overestimating the speed advantage while ignoring her obvious weakness. you really need to watch MOS again to see the limited effectiveness of her speed and the way she does wrecklessly endanger herself. she simply does not utilize her speed to a degree that would suggest she avoids taking damage from either thor or hulk and it does not take much to cripple her helmet.

she is not this an untouchable speedforce demon you are portraying. i'll say it again, if she puts herself in grappling situations, lets bullets hit her, lets heat vision hit her, lets a missile hit her then she gets hit by Mjolnir, lightning barrages, and gets slammed around by hulk like loki did. and as demonstrated by the smallville fight she's simply not durable enough to withstand that. for sure her helmet is not.

Your premise is completely one sided. For every example you can come up with to illustrate some perceived weakness, the same can be said about any of the Avengers, thus it's a moot point. 'She got shot by missiles and heat vision, therefore she would get hit by Mjolnir' is hardly an argument.

The real problem is that you refuse to entertain the idea that Thor or Hulk are in any way outmatched. You continue to assume that she would get hit by Thor and Hulk before she would be able to do anything, when her speed and reflexes alone would suggest otherwise. I'm still waiting for you to explain when and where either of them have demonstrated the ability to so much as target a complete blur in the first place. Until you can at least answer that, this isn't much of a discussion.

Don't quite understand what the point is of comparing two different universe's characters in terms of powers and nemeses. It just seems like one of those 'my dad can kick your dad's ass' threads along with a bit of 'my movie's better than your movie'. It's pretty silly in my opinion.

Forums were invented for fun discussions like this. Surely you can understand?

Eh, I prefer the conversations that actually go beyond petty competition.

Your premise is completely one sided. For every example you can come up with to illustrate some perceived weakness, the same can be said about any of the Avengers, thus it's a moot point. 'She got shot by missiles and heat vision, therefore she would get hit by Mjolnir' is hardly an argument.

The real problem is that you refuse to entertain the idea that Thor or Hulk are in any way outmatched. You continue to assume that she would get hit by Thor and Hulk before she would be able to do anything, when her speed and reflexes alone would suggest otherwise. I'm still waiting for you to explain when and where either of them have demonstrated the ability to so much as target a complete blur in the first place. Until you can at least answer that, this isn't much of a discussion.

some perceived weakness? are kryptonians in the MOS universe not crippled by having their helmets damaged?

i never said her speed would not allow her to land the 1st blow. it is entirely possible she could land the 1st blow. would this take out thor or hulk? I don't think so given the durability they have shown. on the flip side you want to say they would not even be able to hit her at all. this is an entirely unreasonable stance given all the times she is hit in MOS. like I said you want to portray a level and effectiveness to her speed never demonstrated in the film. why? because I think you realize without the unreasonable "she could not be caught" speed argument you know her Achilles heel would likely be the deciding factor.

"She got shot by missiles and heat vision, therefore she would get hit by Mjolnir' is hardly an argument."

yet somehow, "she got hit by missiles and heat vision, therefore mjolnir and lightning could never touch her is an argument?

Eh, I prefer the conversations that actually go beyond petty competition.

I would agree that it's pretty difficult to not appear holier than thou when stating so many opinions on a forum seeing as I have been accused of doing the same(not intentionally).

Anyways if people can debate who is the worlds fastest man or best ufc fight I can understand why they can do the same with fictional characters. To each their own.

I think this thread was actually a really great idea. Catharsis for those who are unhappy that the world hasn't embraced MoS like a certain other movie. Let it out guys. You'll feel better.

I think this thread was actually a really great idea. Catharsis for those who are unhappy that the world hasn't embraced MoS like a certain other movie. Let it out guys. You'll feel better.

To think that we should compare a DC solo to Marvels big event card, I suppose is an accomplishment in itself. The more appropriate comparison would be Superman to the likes of other MCU origin films don't ya think?

Well that's the inherent pettiness of it. My movie's better than that movie.

If people truly want to compare films, choose something similar tonally or the discussion that follows is really hard to make valid.

As far as origin films go, this isn't as good as Thor/Iron Man/X-Men First Class/Batman Begins/Raimi's Spider-Man. Those being the origin films of the last 10 years or so.

Obviously it's my opinion on the situation. Others can call it epic or whatever. Doesn't really matter to me.

Believe it or not, I didn't make this thread as a thinly veiled attempt at Avengers vs Superman/Kryptonians. I just thought the situations in Metropolis/ Manhattan were very similar towards the end of their respective movies. So I got to thinking what if their roles were reversed. Just out of curiousity. By the way, both movies were awesome. So if some people think the purpose of this thread was to have a dick measuring contest, you couldn't be more wrong. I just thought both final battles were similar enough to compare. Both had a mass alien attack on a populated city. Both had portals that needed closing/opening. Idk, I just assumed people would eventually ask this question anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"