The Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

protocida

Avenger
Reaction score
Cosmic Book News revealed a series of Plot points about The Man of Steel, revealed to them by their insiders at Warner. It is unconfirmed if this is true, but it sounds good.

• Brainiac attacks Krypton after Jax-Ur destroys one of its moons during an experiment, and abducts the city of Kandor, which eventually leads to Krypton's destruction.
  • General Zod and Faora attempt to stop Brainiac, but fail and, for this, they are banished to the Phantom Zone alongside Jax-Ur.
  • Years later, they escape via a Phantom Zone Projector in Superman's spaceship and learn more about Earth.
  • Zod believes that the humans are destroying a perfect planet and decides to conquer Earth and turn it into a New Krypton, with him and Faora as the parents of a new Kryptonian bloodline.
  • Meanwhile, Jax-Ur is sent by Zod to advance Earth's technology alongside Lex Luthor, CEO of LexCorp.
  • General Sam Lane, Lois Lane's father, commands Earth's military forces against Zod's invasion. He hates aliens as much as Zod hates humans and believes Superman to be the same as them, so, he attacks Superman as well.
  • Brainiac is being introduced to be used as the main villain of a potential sequel. Revisions in the Script, however, appear to atribuet Krypton's destruction to Jax-Ur, leaving Brainiac's role in in unknow.
  • Ed Harris and Jeff Bridges are being looked at to play General Sam Lane.
  • Jon Hamm is being looked at to play Jor-El.
  • Adam Harris' audition impressed Zack Snyder and he'll be doing complementary tests with Henry Cavill and Amy Adams, in addition to be working out in order to make for a more physically intimidating Lex Luthor.
  • There is apparently two versions of the Script being worked on. Both are very action-packed, especially during the finale.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/man-steel-script-spoilers-plot-revealed-superman-2012

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/co...r-el-faora-braniac-and-spoilers-superman-2012

A lot of it sounds like what I was expecting, if true and

Brainiac stealing Kandor which leads to Krypton's destruction is an added bonus.

Not sure about General Lane though.

Hard to take anything from that site seriously, but parts of that sounds okay and parts of it sounds stupid. Seems like a cross between Birthright, which was good, and the New Krypton saga, which started good and ended horribly.

Brainiac/Jax-Ur part sounds good. Zod/Faora part is okay. General Thunderbolt Lane parts are garbage and that character should never be used under any circumstances. The guy auditioning to be Lex is probably pure BS.

Most of that sounds way too fanwank.

I don't see this movie going nearly that in-depth. That's not because I lack faith in Snyder and Goyer or whatever, but it's just relatively uncommon, so I'm skeptical. I'd never expect to see Kandor touched.

Most of that sounds way too fanwank.

I don't see this movie going nearly that in-depth. That's not because I lack faith in Snyder and Goyer or whatever, but it's just relatively uncommon, so I'm skeptical. I'd never expect to see Kandor touched.

I like the way it sounds in tieing into Krypton's destruction.

too much misdirection first we hear ddl now jon hamm

then we hear metallo now braniac

and i feel adam harris as lex seems a stretch he has no film credits to his name and with an oscar cast so far he seems very unlikely.

Kandor is important. It was the capitol and it's loss is the basis of the Brainiac character. It's loss also forced the formation of a new government, and many of Jor-El's supporters were in Kandor.

Haven't we talked about this silly rumor in other threads enough? Why a thread :confused:

They've let no-names play Superman.
that no name has 10 years of film experience to his name with tudors,Count of Monte Crisco,stardust,etc. to his film/tv credits

AH has no film experience on his resume at all

not even the same ballpark

and even routh and reeve had film/tv experiance

Last edited:
:pal:

Sounds awesome!
C'mon it was on Cosmic Book News, it must be true!
I mean it wasn't true, why would there be such a buzz to it?
I mean, Adam Harris' audition was impressive..:lmao: ...what more proof do you need?
I'm also relieved to hear the finale is action-packed, I was concerned about that.
My only concern is that with such a complex story, huh, where do they fit the origin in? Does that come in the sequel...with Brainiac?:awesome:
Hmm...what role is Edgar Martinez playing? Jax-Ur?

:pal:

Sounds awesome!
C'mon it was on Cosmic Book News, it must be true!
I mean it wasn't true, why would there be such a buzz to it?
I mean, Adam Harris' audition was impressive..:lmao: ...what more proof do you need?
I'm also relieved to hear the finale is action-packed, I was concerned about that.
My only concern is that with such a complex story, huh, where do they fit the origin in? Does that come in the sequel...with Brainiac?:awesome:
Hmm...what role is Edgar Martinez playing? Jax-Ur?
Surprised they left out Geoff Johns is helping Goyer with the script :dry:

No way they'll get an unknown to play Lex...yes, the superman actors in the past were unknowns, but look at the actors he was up against.
As for the rest, it sounds good, but too bad it's probably made up.

some of it sounds cool, up until Jeff Bridges for Sam Lane...and the rest is terrible.

I hope none of this is true, it sounds like a convoluted mess, a little to much for a first movie.

I hope none of that is true... too many characters, too convoluted and too much for a Superman reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"