Civil War What type of "Heroic Feats" do you want to see the Avengers do in this film?

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, the only group adventures that the Avengers have had within the MCU were taking on Loki's invasion, raiding Hydra bases for Loki's scepter, and stopping Ultron from succeeding in his plans.

Admirable accomplishments/feats for sure, but shouldn't they be doing more as a group (whether it was the original 6 or the NEW Avengers at the end of "Age of Ultron") like their comics counterparts do?

Prior to the group splitting up into two factions for this film, I hope we get some indication that the MCU Avengers do more than just react to worldwide threats that they conveniently come across (or create) when they're not dealing with just Hydra.

Does anyone else want to see the group do anything else particular prior to their split up/division?

I think "Age of Ultron" implies at it's beggining the Avengers have been doing a lot of missions together.

I think "Age of Ultron" implies at it's beggining the Avengers have been doing a lot of missions together.

Missions that involve the threats that they conveniently come across or create themselves ? :o

I want them to jump up high, run really fast, smash stuff and be like: YEAHHHHH! as they heroically fly through the air with 'splosions in the bg.

Not enlist villains to aid them fighting other heroes.

Cap, Bucky, Falcon, Widow, Clint, Black Panther, and Wanda should all lift Mjolnir.

Cap should also punch Thor while singing "Star Spangled Man With a Plan."

Breakdancing. Gotta have breakdancing.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only group adventures that the Avengers have had within the MCU were taking on Loki's invasion, raiding Hydra bases for Loki's scepter, and stopping Ultron from succeeding in his plans.

Admirable accomplishments/feats for sure, but shouldn't they be doing more as a group (whether it was the original 6 or the NEW Avengers at the end of "Age of Ultron") like their comics counterparts do?

Prior to the group splitting up into two factions for this film, I hope we get some indication that the MCU Avengers do more than just react to worldwide threats that they conveniently come across (or create) when they're not dealing with just Hydra.

Does anyone else want to see the group do anything else particular prior to their split up/division?

Marvel published a prelude comic for Age of Ultron a while back, detailing the team's quest to clean up the remnants of Hydra before they received Coulson's tip on the whereabouts of the scepter.

Remember the choreographed moves between Thor and Captain America? Or even JARVIS quipping that Strucker's tech could be found in many Hydra bases which the Avengers have taken? Yeah, the team was probably reassembled a while back and apparently had enough time to gel together as a cohesive unit.

I do. Up until now all they've done is raid Hydra bases because they have Chitauri weapons. Hopefully now the New Avengers will expand from cleaning up Loki's mess.

I just wanna see em be like Yeeeehaaaaa *throws tons of punches* flips into somersault* then helicopter punt kick* as Ratt's "Round and Round" plays. Thats what will be awesomest.

I do. Up until now all they've done is raid Hydra bases because they have Chitauri weapons. Hopefully now the New Avengers will expand from cleaning up Loki's mess.

I should have probably been more specific or wise in my choice of words for my post when I created this thread.

As John Locke mentioned above, I just want to see the MCU Avengers do more than simply cleaning up Loki's mess (as he worded it) or raiding Hydra bases.

So far, they've mainly been reactionary as opposed to being more proactive within the MCU.

And when you look at the whole MCU, it feels like Coulson's team does more to help people on a daily basis than the Avengers do.

I mean is it too much to ask to see them tackle natural disasters or other villainous threats that aren't tied to Hydra/Loki?

Terrorist attacking the president? No Avengers, just Tony.
Insane elf alien race invading earth? No Avengers, just Thor.
Some Hydra guys protecting Loki's staff? Better call the Avengers to handle this one

Terrorist attacking the president? No Avengers, just Tony.
Insane elf alien race invading earth? No Avengers, just Thor.
Some Hydra guys protecting Loki's staff? Better call the Avengers to handle this one
It gave Tony some time out of his suit to steal Ultron A.I from Hydra.
Of course they needed the whole team for that last task.

That HYDRA one doesnt really count. They were working together previously to get rid of ALL of HYDRA around the world. Not just a few guys. It was the final stop for them, thats all.

That HYDRA one doesnt really count. They were working together previously to get rid of ALL of HYDRA around the world. Not just a few guys. It was the final stop for them, thats all.

The impression that I got from watching the film was that they were only raiding Hydra bases to get back Loki's sceptre.

With the exception of Cap, I don't think anyone else was invested of taking down Hydra once and for all. Plus as Ant-Man and Agents of Shield has shown us, Hydra is far from being gone.

Yes and to put an end to Hydra as Cap says.

Herolee: Well once HYDRA was shown to be inside SHIELD, I think The Avengers were out to get rid of HYDRA (attacking their bases) as well as get the scepter back. It was a two things at once deal.

What 'heroic feats'...? Yet another useless thread. :whatever:

Kicking bad guy ass is all I ask. I'll leave it up to the directors and writers to show the heroes doing that in entertaining ways.

See Captain America take on a woman villain. I'd love to see Thor ride a horse in the city to do some hero stuff, kind of like Arnold Schwartzenegger did in True Lies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"