The Amazing Spider-Man Crane Dad Appreciation Thread

If Crane Dad isn't in this next film,it loses a full point in my rating.:o

This was a great scene, although the timing by 'the boys in blue' is amusingly impeccable to stop the traffic as Spidey swings by.

The crane sequence is probably one of the worst scenes in the movie.

Seconded. Spider-Man is surrounded by buildings in New York. He didn't need cranes to get to Oscorp. It was a ridiculous scene to try and pump drippy emotional syrup into the movie.

Seconded. Spider-Man is surrounded by buildings in New York. He didn't need cranes to get to Oscorp. It was a ridiculous scene to try and pump drippy emotional syrup into the movie.

It was to save time. He was injured and the cranes helped speed it up.

It was to save time. He was injured and the cranes helped speed it up.

The cranes wouldn't have made a difference. There was buildings all around leading up to Oscorp, too. He could have easily have used them with the same amount of effort. Web swinging is web swinging.

It was a sappy needless scene that made no sense.

I love the crane sequence! I didn't realize I was supposed to hate it until I read "UGH, cranes" on the internet like days later. What was wrong with it? It was a nice touch and we got to see some killer swinging.

Spidey doesn't need cranes to swing from A to B. He's living in an urban jungle called New York heh. He's spoiled for choice for things to swing from.

Lame-o scene. Sooooooo corny and stupid.

The cranes wouldn't have made a difference. There was buildings all around leading up to Oscorp, too. He could have easily have used them with the same amount of effort. Web swinging is web swinging.

It was a sappy needless scene that made no sense.

Agreed, and it defied logic in about 100 different ways. Honestly, you can cut this scene out and skip to when he arrives at Oscorp, and you won't feel like you missed a thing. This is a poor detour that takes too long, defies logic, and attempts to fix a problem that didn't need fixing (ie, he has webshooter). It also takes away screentime from potentially more vital plot points. Like the Lizard men that disappear from existance once they're created!!!!

Terrible scene.

Well he hadn't figured out web swinging yet and he would run on buildings as he swung, and since his leg was injured he needed the cranes...

anyway, Crane Dad. He stinks and I don't like him.

jk, I love Crane Dad. He wasn't in TASM2 and that made it lose any chance of a 10/10

Agreed, and it defied logic in about 100 different ways. Honestly, you can cut this scene out and skip to when he arrives at Oscorp, and you won't feel like you missed a thing. This is a poor detour that takes too long, defies logic, and attempts to fix a problem that didn't need fixing (ie, he has webshooter). It also takes away screentime from potentially more vital plot points. Like the Lizard men that disappear from existance once they're created!!!!

Terrible scene.

Exactly :up:

Well he hadn't figured out web swinging yet and he would run on buildings as he swung, and since his leg was injured he needed the cranes...

What? He had figured out web swinging. He did it several times without running on the buildings themselves.

Furthermore, if he only knew how to swing using buildings as a foot hold like you suggest, then what use would cranes be to him if he didn't know how to web swing without a foot hold?

Exactly :up:

What? He had figured out web swinging. He did it several times without running on the buildings themselves.

Furthermore, if he only knew how to swing using buildings as a foot hold like you suggest, then what use would cranes be to him if he didn't know how to web swing without a foot hold?

I haven't watched TASM for a while so I don't know...

I just assumed it was to help him get there.

Eh, only good thing about cranes in that movie is when he goes through the boom extensions at the end.

So someone that had a leg chopped could easily swing by? Nope.

You need both legs to gain a boost remember when you guys used sat on the swing? Yeah..

crane dad is the main reason you can still argue that asm is unofficially part of the mcu

This scene was beautiful imo.

Some people obviously didn't see the joke of what I started Jesus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"