Creator Bout 2: Waid vs Busiek

Kurt Busiek simply because of Marvels, probably one of my all time favorite comics to read. :up:

I felt like bumping. Score stands at 6 to 11 in favor of Kurt

Waid
iloveclones
Johnny Blaze
Harlekin
KingOfDreams
Guyverjay
Ben Urich

Busiek
Elijya
Doctor Goblipus
DBM
Lackey
Marcdachamp
Themanofbat
Dr. Victor Lehnsherr
The Watchman
Anubis
Cap1970
SpideyInATree

I have no idea what you're talking about....

busiek, for his Avengers run with Perez alone; great stories, with that run being my favourate run in any book i've read.

I'll have to say Mark Waid. I love Kingdom Come and his JLA run. Busieks Astro City and Arrowsmith make it a close race, though.
I haven't read their Marvel stories.
By the way, I thought JLA: Syndicate Rules was pretty good. It wasn't as good as Morrison or Waid's JLA, but it was better than Kellys IMO.

I think Busiek needs to get a cushy job at Marvel as Continuity Consultant.

Elijya said:
I have no idea what you're talking about....

I said I vote Fer Busiek, but only by a little. Then I asked why this was in Marvel Comics, but I see it has been moved. :confused:

Again, I have no idea what you're talking about....

;):D

As much as I love Waid's Flash, Captain America, Legion of Super Heroes, and Fantastic Four runs, I've gotta go with Busiek. Marvels, Avengers Forever, his Avengers run, Conan, and most of all Arrowsmith seals the deal for Busiek. They even make me forgive his constant wussifying of Thor and every piece of crap he's written involving the JLA.

Mark Waid made Captain America my favorite Marvel hero and did the impossible by make me care about the Fantastic Four. That right there make me put my vote in for Waid.

Got to go with Waid, I'm just constantly entertained by what he does, and always want to read more.

Very hard choice though.

Busiek wrote Astro City, none of Waid's work had anywhere near the impact of Samaritan's first story, for me anyways.

I'll give it to Waid; I liked Kingdom Come more than Marvels.

Tough call. I think in the end, I go with Waid. He's just slightly more consistently solid. Busiek has a few more valleys to offset his mountains than Waid does.

Why are we calling Hypertime and Syndicate Rules mistakes? I liked both.

Tough call. I think in the end, I go with Waid. He's just slightly more consistently solid. Busiek has a few more valleys to offset his mountains than Waid does.

Why are we calling Hypertime and Syndicate Rules mistakes? I liked both.

Because Hypertime was a dumb idea.

Yeah, but if we're talking mountains here, Astro City was Mt. Everest.

I feel like I'm being asked to choose between God and Jesus, and I'm not sure which is which!

I'll vote Waid, I think his run on the Flash does it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"