Da Vinci’s Demons

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
Official Trailer

Tom-Riley-as-Leonardo-Da-Vinci-2-600x400.jpg

“Da Vinci’s Demons” is an original series penned by David S. Goyer (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Man of Steel) and will air on STARZ Spring 2013.

Starring Tom Riley (“Monroe,” I Want Candy), as the title character, “Da Vinci’s Demons” is a historical fantasy, following the ‘untold’ story of the world’s greatest genius during his turbulent youth in Renaissance Florence. Brilliant and passionate, the twenty-five year old Leonardo Da Vinci is an artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist. As a free thinker, with intellect and talents that are almost superhuman, he struggles to live within the confines of his own reality and time. He begins to not only see the future, but invent it.

The series also stars Laura Haddock (The Inbetweeners Movie, “Honest,” Captain America: The First Avenger) who plays the celebrated beauty with obscure motives, Lucrezia Donati, Elliot Cowan (“Marchlands,” “The Fixer,” “Lost in Austen”) who plays the shrewd de factor ruler of Florence, Lorenzo Medici, Lara Pulver (“True Blood,” “Sherlock,” “Robin Hood”), who plays his wife Clarice Orsini and Blake Ritson (RocknRolla, Titus, “World Without End”) as Pope Sixtus’ ruthless bastard son, Count Riario.

“Da Vinci’s Demons” is the first project to enter production under the multi-year agreement between Starz Entertainment and BBC Worldwide Productions. Goyer, co-writer of blockbuster and critically-acclaimed films Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, and writer of the upcoming Man of Steel, is showrunner. Julie Gardner is Executive Producer, along with Jane Tranter, head of BBC Worldwide Productions. Production began this summer and STARZ will premiere an eight-episode first season in the U.S. in 2013.

the trailer is not available in my country :/

I just read that Bear McCreary will be scoring this. So, at the very least, this will sound amazing. :up:

Kind of amusing to see Da Vinci fictionalized into getting it on with beautiful women.

Looks interesting though, even if they might as well just have him an original character, for all he likely has to do with the real Da Vinci.

They're not gonna cast that good-looking unless the character's going to get alot of action, so you're probably right.

Strictly heterosexual action, was what I found amusing.

"We're turning Leonardo Da Vinci into an action hero, so we've also gotta make him look straight!"

Last edited:
I thought this was ok.

I still find it kind of hilarious that they make Leonardo Da Vinci into some voracious ladies' man.

Last edited:
Even though I don't know much about him, I assumed there wasn't much resemblance given the nature of the show. The promos didn't do much to get me interested.

Yea, they whipped up some heterosexual action hero and named him Leonardo Da Vinci, who was none of the above.

Oh well.

Well, there was that moment when he was hanging out with his friends and some dude came up to him wanting to pose for art. I think his reaction, was supposed to be a hint.

Yea, they whipped up some heterosexual action hero and named him Leonardo Da Vinci, who was none of the above.

Oh well.

Eh, this is very much a fantasy series, and already has magic being introduced and secret orders and some mysterious book. Its in no way historical so his sexuality is barely a problem. And for the record I think this Leonardo in the show is bysexual, or at the very least appreciates the beauty of both sexes.

Last edited:
Hold up--Goyer is responsible for this? That's more interesting than the previews tbh. :funny:

Holding out until some more eps trickle in :o

is this a good series...... i know it's been one episdoe..... but i need something to replace Spartacus on Starz

I thought it was ok. But, I mostly watched because it came after Spartacus. None of the advertising made it seem interesting to me.

I don't think it's meant to replace Spartacus.

I'm intrigued. That's about as much as I can say at this point.

I enjoyed it enough to continue watching. It really felt like it was from the 90s and would've aired along with Xena/Hercules and that whole little Saturday block back in the day.

Goyer must be happy about that. His last TV venture didn't end well.

Tom Riley is on This Morning (UK Daytime show) pretty good interview about the show. Probably be worth checking it out on YouTube when it's up later today.

I'm surprised they gave it a 2nd season so soon considering Camelot got off to a good start but went down and canceled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"