• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Daddy Day Cruise

ht_shock_060727_ssv.jpg

No one sees a problem with a bunch of little kids on a boat, that they could possibly fall off of?

Does Murphy actually go after these movies or are these the only ones he can get? Yikes.

He could get plenty of good roles if he wanted to. But it seems he'd rather make crappy flicks. Not to mention he gets huge paychecks for them...

He could get plenty of good roles if he wanted to. But it seems he'd rather make crappy flicks. Not to mention he gets huge paychecks for them...

Hmm...huge money for less effort. That aint bad.

Losing the respect of his fans (if not just losing them all together) that is what he should be worried about.

I agree that Eddie should forget about this movie. Boat movies don't do well in BO. He would be better off putting those kids in a bus, which must keep moving above 50 miles per hour (80 km/h) or the bus will explode than this crapfest.

yea murphy needs to change gears and go for some different types of movies and get out of the kiddie flick stuff he only been good recently in the sherk films the rest of his recent films have sucked. He need to go back to his old school stuff like beverly hills cop/coming to america era of work.

i thought i read that a forth BHC movie was in the works, but its not listed in his imdb page. *shrugs*

Anyways, his upcoming movies doesn't sound all bad.
  1. The Incredible Shrinking Man (2010) (in production)
  2. Untitled Eddie Murphy/Romeo and Juliet Project (2009) (announced)
  3. Shrek Goes Fourth (2010) (pre-production) (voice) .... Donkey
  4. A Thousand Words (2009) (filming)
  5. NowhereLand (2009) (completed) .... Evan
i like the idea for A Thousand Words.

this is fake. :dry: seriously. this is like the War of the Worlds of threads.

Proof there is no God.

but in all seriousness. i kinda liked the first but the second just looked like crap and straight to dvd.

Why continue after the second bombed.:csad:

its pretty clear in the first post, but i like seeing people's comments.
im not sure its so clear. look at JAL's post right below yours. "why continue after the second bombed?" it's like people come in, read the first post, then try to think of something funny to add about eddie murphy's career and dont read anybody else's posts. :csad:

Daddy Day Camp made a whopping 18 million dollars worldwide.

Seems like EM numbers though. Like meet dave which has made 10 million on a 60 million budget.

Daddy Day Camp made a whopping 18 million dollars worldwide.

Seems like EM numbers though. Like meet dave which has made 10 million on a 60 million budget.
yeah i dont know how anyone in Eddie's camp can look at that in a positive light.

yeah i dont know how anyone in Eddie's camp can look at that in a positive light.
The sequel should have just been STD from the get go. not way i wasn't forced to watch the trailer in fromt of other movies.

Yeah, thats cause sometimes people have horrible taste.:o:wow:

Be that as it may, it made money. Which is the only thing Hollywood cares about. Eddie has had more hits than misses in his long career.

Be that as it may, it made money. Which is the only thing Hollywood cares about. Eddie has had more hits than misses in his long career.
alot of people think that movies horrible.

it only made money cause of the horrible trend of spoof movies. i guess they thought it was one.

alot of people think that movies horrible.

it only made money cause of the horrible trend of spoof movies. i guess they thought it was one.

I'm not debating the quality of the movie...especially since I haven't seen it. My point was Eddie's movies usually make $$$. He's not getting 20 mil per flick for nothing...

As for why people went to see it...Eddie has plenty of fans.

I'm not debating the quality of the movie...especially since I haven't seen it. My point was Eddie's movies usually make $$$. He's not getting 20 mil per flick for nothing...

As for why people went to see it...Eddie has plenty of fans.
Yes but okay look here's a rundown of his last movies over the years not including the shreak films.

Here are the numbers of his films since 2001.

Dr. Dolittle 2 - $112,952,899
Showtime - $38,082,712
Adventures of Pluto Nash - $4,420,080
I,Spy - $33,561,137
Daddy Day Care - $104,297,061
Haunted Mansion - $75,847,266
Dreamgirls(wasn't really his film) - $103,365,956
Norbit - $95,673,607
Meet Dave - $10,839,801

Thats the reason he's doing this third daddy movie.

Thats the reason he's doing this third daddy movie.

Well, several posters in this thread have already said that there is no third daddy movie. It was a joke.

But if it was true... he'd be doing it for the big ass check he gets for movies.

You know, when I first saw the title of the thread I thought "Wait, now Tome Cruise is doing this movie too? ****", then I read the whole thing and well, it ain't better than what I thought. So I'm guessing this is gonna be one of the three movies Eddie Murphy is gonna do before turning 50 and retiring -and he better keeps his word, unlike Nicholas Cage-

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"