Daily Planet Reporter Clark Kent, do you still want to see him?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by ManWithNoName18, Jun 25, 2016.

?

What should happen to Clark Kent?

1. Keep Him Dead

2. Find a Way to Bring Him Back

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

:cwink:

2. TheComicbookKid

TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

Using the Daily Planet needs to be an bigger priority in a reboot.

The fundamental understanding of Lois and Clark comes from them working together. I know it was a tv budget reasoning but having Lois and Clark together on screen talking as colleagues is what made people invest in the dynamic.

Jumping straight to Lois knowing robbed the characters of their dynamic. It didn’t address why no one else in the newsroom realizes it just so they could answer that annoying fanboy.. “how come she can’t see it” refrain.

#52 TheComicbookKid, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  3. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Registered

I’d love to see the DP play a huge role going forward. The story doesn’t need to completely revolve around it, but it (and the employees who work at it) need to play a role. There’s no point to Kent if the Planet is just there to be there or is just window dressing.

Willi Berg likes this.
  4. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

I want more of the Daily Planet too. It's like another character in itself. One that has been underutilized in the last few films.

Willi Berg likes this.
  5. Frodo

Frodo Registered

The Daily planet should totally play a bigger role in the reboot. I wanna see a return of the banter and competitive dynamics between Lois Lane and Clark Kent, Jimmy's idolization of Perry, Lois and Clark , and Perry as not just the boss , but the papa bear in alot of ways.

They're Clark's sort of surrogate family in Metropolis. I sort of see it as Clark moving away from one family in Smallville, then he comes to Metropolis and creates a new family at the Planet. That's always been one of the great and enduring aspects of the Super mythology to me.

Unfortunately it's been pretty well lost on the big screen since Reeve era, I would argue.

SR, MOS, BVS, and JL either underutilized the Planet dynamics or treated it more as an after thought.

The focus of the last few films has been more about what Superman's effect is on a global scale as opposed to what Superman/Clark's effect in on those 3 people who work in the Daily Planet.

That's what they need to get back to.

Willi Berg and thangaran like this.