Dammit, Janet! The official Wasp thread

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Dedicated to all things Wasp. Can't believe no one created one yet.

This forum isn't getting as much traction as the GOTG, not that there's a competition.

Wasp is a classic Avenger, but would they actually have her flying around with wings?

I just hope Ant-Man has Wasp, *period.* :(
So far, there's been no discussion or indication that Wright or Marvel Studios in general has any interest in her in either the Ant-Man movie or any of the Avengers films, and that's a low-down dirty shame. Whedon even admitted that she was originally in the first draft of Avengers, but he wrote her out because he couldn't find a good way to work her in.

I would think so, the flying with wings, it's the Wasp! Before the Wasp folks would have to have already digested Ant Man, and accepted the shrinking process. Hank then could create cybernetic wings, and then graft ( harsh sounding I know ), them to Jan.
Through manipulation of the pym particles imbued on Jan and the wings specific, Jan could shrink and grow while the tiny size of the wings remains constant. The wings wouldn't 'grow' out her back, they would always be there, they'd just be tiny when she was big. Make sense?

I just hope Ant-Man has Wasp, *period.* :(
So far, there's been no discussion or indication that Wright or Marvel Studios in general has any interest in her in either the Ant-Man movie or any of the Avengers films, and that's a low-down dirty shame. Whedon even admitted that she was originally in the first draft of Avengers, but he wrote her out because he couldn't find a good way to work her in.
That's too bad. It's kind of telling, as people here discuss adding new members to the Avengers sequels, that it's quite difficult to introduce new characters cold turkey in the Avengers films, and that it's better to introduce them in solo movies first--especially if they have superpowers. It was probably much easier to introduce BW and HE as highly skilled SHIELD agents, especially since they had already appeared in previous solo films, and neither of them has odd superpowers. If Wasp is to be introduced, she needs to be introduced in the Ant-Man film. But it'll be hard to pull off if Lang is the focus.

I would think so, the flying with wings, it's the Wasp! Before the Wasp folks would have to have already digested Ant Man, and accepted the shrinking process. Hank then could create cybernetic wings, and then graft ( harsh sounding I know ), them to Jan.
Through manipulation of the pym particles imbued on Jan and the wings specific, Jan could shrink and grow while the tiny size of the wings remains constant. The wings wouldn't 'grow' out her back, they would always be there, they'd just be tiny when she was big. Make sense?
It makes sense, but it's kind of weird sounding. Makes me think of that caterpillar in A Bug's Life. =)

Another concern people have brought up is having three shrinking characters in a movie called Ant-Man. It would be like having Nightwing, Batgirl, and Robin in the first Batman movie.

I really hope Edgar includes Janet as Wasp in the film. Her modern costume should be very easy to adapt to the big screen, and her wings and size should be easy as well.

What I don't want to see are comparisons to Angel Salvadore from X-Men: First Class. Wasp needs to be visually distinct, and I don't just mean her size.

The character's motivations and histories, comic and film, are different. For the GA, who have seen FC, Salvadore=villainess,
and Wasp=heroine.

Besides, Feige will make sure she has a distinct design, to avoid any similarities.

The character's motivations and histories, comic and film, are different. For the GA, who have seen FC, Salvadore=villainess,
and Wasp=heroine.

Besides, Feige will make sure she has a distinct design, to avoid any similarities.
Thanks for comforting me =) I definitely meant the look and feel between the two characters. I expect Marvel to give us a speedy, graceful Wasp with great flying effects and smooth styling. Angel Salvadore (and a lot of the X:FC special FX, for that matter) just looked kind of cheap, like she was on a wire harness in front of a green screen. Holy crap, that's maybe what they did!

Ant-man and Wasp are the two characters that Im more interested to see in the avengers sequels, with Black Panther being the next one.

maybe its because Ive read The ultimates first numbers and have watched the animated movies and tv series.

and since they are two of the original avengers, I think this is the right time to include them.

Wasp flying and interacting with Hulk would be a really cool watch, definetly :D

And Hank could bring an interesting relationshipt between Tony and Bruce at the same time, so......

bring them on, Marvel!

The thing that will distinguish Jan is good writing. Her personality should be an integral part of the character. Wasn't she originally a wealthy, socialite, fashion designer? The fun side to Hank's staight man. I like A;EMH take on Jan.

Originally? No. But she BECAME a wealthy fashion designer over the first 20 years.

Say what you want about casting, but I think the role is tailor-made for Zooey:

zooey_120611_m-400x300.jpg

There's really nobody else out there who totally embodies Janet's manic pixie dream girl image. If Marvel casts her, it will be a stroke of pure genius.

Love the thread title.

Christina Ricci, Samaire Armstrong, Olivia Wilde, or Alexis Daddario please. :yay:

Even though MCU and Earth-1610 are different, I have a feeling that Marvel Studios will have something a bit similar to this when it comes to Janet:

In the Ultimate Universe, Janet is of Asian descent, rather than Caucasian, and she is a genius in her own right, holding 2 PhDs. She is also a mutant, but it is unknown everyone except SHIELD and her boyfriend Hank Pym. Her mutant powers allows her to shrink and grow wings when she is shrunken. She can also produce energy blasts which act like wasp stings. Her powers have strange side effects however, which include causing her to eat insects, forming her own larval nests, and laying eggs. She started dating Hank during college, but even during college Hank was extremely abusive to her. She was a roommate of Betty Ross, and Betty remembers times where Janet was missing chunks of her hair

The only thing that would be worth changing would be the mutant bit. Perhaps she is Wasp because she takes a protoype from Hank and it goes awry?

Anyway, this gives Marvel an excuse to also have a more diverse cast and perhaps cast an actress of Asian descent? Perhaps Kristin Kreuk?

Olivia Thirlby is absolutely perfect for her.

Except not at all. Same goes for Kreuk; let her stay on that soon to be failed Beauty and the Beast on CW.

I personally dont like the version of Wasp portrayed on the animated show Avengers EMH.

Janet as that funny, "normal" looking woman.... you know what I mean.

Id like to see a talented actress with a powerfull look, in the line of Scarlett J. or most superheroines in the comicbook movies from last decade.

Someone sexy, a bit more mature and talented. An actress on her 30's or so, to feat Tony, Bruce and Hank, in case they cast a bit more mature Hank too.

Hmmm...It would be an interesting choice. I can't picture it but it might work. I personally like Mini Anden for the role.

I personally dont like the version of Wasp portrayed on the animated show Avengers EMH.

Janet as that funny, "normal" looking woman.... you know what I mean.

Id like to see a talented actress with a powerfull look, in the line of Scarlett J. or most superheroines in the comicbook movies from last decade.

Someone sexy, a bit more mature and talented. An actress on her 30's or so, to feat Tony, Bruce and Hank, in case they cast a bit more mature Hank too.

*koff* Zooey Deschanel *koff*

Plus, I'm not advocating this one, but I seriously think Mary Elizabeth Winstead may become a front-runner due to her working with Wright in Scott Pilgrim. I sure as hell wouldn't want to see Janet Van Dyne given a Ramona-type personality, but just throwing that out there as a possibility due to Wright's casting history.

I can definitely see him looking at MEW for Janet. :up:

I have no idea who he'd consider for Hank or Scott though. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"