Dammit, Janet! The official Wasp thread

Really? I thought she was much closer to the size of a wasp.

She is not permanently that size. Only when she shrinks. Her normal height is about 5'4". You're not going to get an actress who is wasp-sized, and you shouldn't even seek a dwarf for the part, just because they're closer to wasp size than someone who is taller.

I'm all for diversity in comic book films. Frankly, wasp sized actress are underrepresented in the lamestream media and this is a perfect opportunity to use one. Now if we could only find someone is is actually wasp sized.

eb68af224805b8555e32eff08e413ae6.jpg

Ashley Greene is my only choice, nobody else makes the cut.

Ugh, another hell no to Michael Jackson-nosed Greene. :down

I'm all for diversity in comic book films. Frankly, wasp sized actress are underrepresented in the lamestream media and this is a perfect opportunity to use one. Now if we could only find someone is is actually wasp sized.

You see this, NOT being insanely offensive to little people!? I mean there no humans that could live being "Wasp Size". So if she has the power to become a midget, you basically want the movie to look like this

tumblr_ljdmw2L82L1qbqt8go1_500.gif

What the f is a pixie nose. That sounds ******ed.

Rooney Mara, Autumn Reeser, Evangline Lily and Alison Brie are some other people I wouldn't mind getting cast as Janet

I think im leaning towards evangline lilly as Wasp, i loved her in Lost. She has her moments where she is super cute and has angst for not setting back watching things pan out. Which IMO are two neccesary qualities i want in Wasp.

Not just casting, but since they will be in the same universe as Black Widow and the
other Avengers, they could make Wasp's "Stingers" like this:

SPOILER if you haven't seen the movie!

inJGC9OcR6WHQ.gif

ioiQIHQacBXSp.gif

widow_spot.JPG

It could be revealed that Black Widow's "Stingers" were invented by SHIELD scientist Hank Pym, and so Janet uses them as weapons for being Wasp. It would make the worlds connected and smaller in that they don't have two different inventions that don't exist.

Not just casting, but since they will be in the same universe as Black Widow and the
other Avengers, they could make Wasp's "Stingers" like this:

SPOILER if you haven't seen the movie!

inJGC9OcR6WHQ.gif

ioiQIHQacBXSp.gif

widow_spot.JPG

It could be revealed that Black Widow's "Stingers" were invented by SHIELD scientist Hank Pym, and so Janet uses them as weapons for being Wasp. It would make the worlds connected and smaller in that they don't have two different inventions that don't exist.

I like that idea.
Except maybe make Janet's more powered-up, and give them a longer range.

Making the worlds smaller is not a good thing. There can be more than one "zapping" invention.

The girl who played the mechanic on Firefly, but with darker hair.

Has she done anything post-Firefly? I remember thinking she was good in it.

I would love Jewel Staite as Wasp. She was my choice for Pepper Potts before Gwyneth got the role.

Making the worlds smaller is not a good thing. There can be more than one "zapping" invention.
I just mean it would make things more connected if Hank Pym is a SHIELD scientist who invented the Stingers for Black Widow and Janet. Its like when it was revealed that Hulk was created when he was trying to duplicate the Super Soldier Serum that made Captain America,
or how Stark's blasters make the same sound that Hydra's guns make, and their guns were based on the cosmic cube (which Stark's father found) so his arc reactor and blasters connect back to the cosmic cube.
It just makes things more connected and simpler.
So they could reveal that Janet's Stingers are the same weapon as Black Widow's only maybe modified by her Hank (the inventor). Since Black Widow is a SHIELD agent, and Ant Man is going to be a spy (probably for SHIELD). It would also explain without explaining where Black Widow got those stingers.

I'm really wanting Ultimate Wasp (Asian) but with her 616 personality.

I just mean it would make things more connected if Hank Pym is a SHIELD scientist who invented the Stingers for Black Widow and Janet.
I know. But making everyone and everything in the world connected cheapens the "universe" thing they're going for and makes it seem really small. There's no reason to tie together stuff that doesn't need to be tied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"