Daredevil reboot in the near future?

So I'm not as familiar to Daredevil as I am some of the other Marvel heroes... while I understand his stomping grounds are traditionally Hell's Kitchen, why can't we just make his home turf NYC proper? Is that infringing too much on Spidey's realm or does it drastically change Daredevil's character by branching him out to other neighborhoods & boroughs of NYC?

So I'm not as familiar to Daredevil as I am some of the other Marvel heroes... while I understand his stomping grounds are traditionally Hell's Kitchen, why can't we just make his home turf NYC proper? Is that infringing too much on Spidey's realm or does it drastically change Daredevil's character by branching him out to other neighborhoods & boroughs of NYC?

In the comics, DD can't read a map or subway map (he's blind), so he doesn't know how to get to any other place in NY other than Hells Kitchen. That does limit his stomping ground, and he's never even visited any of the touristy places in the city, but what's he gonna do? He has to stay where he's familiar. :oldrazz:

In the comics, DD can't read a map or subway map (he's blind), so he doesn't know how to get to any other place in NY other than Hells Kitchen. That does limit his stomping ground, and he's never even visited any of the touristy places in the city, but what's he gonna do? He has to stay where he's familiar. :oldrazz:

And yet, he goes to Japan.

Anyway @ H.U.S.T.L.E. if you're not familiar with Daredevil, I suggest you change that right away! Very awesome character. And it doesn't hurt that some good writers have worked on his various books through the ages.

Anyway @ H.U.S.T.L.E. if you're not familiar with Daredevil, I suggest you change that right away! Very awesome character. And it doesn't hurt that some good writers have worked on his various books through the ages.

Well he didn't even know where he was going. Someone just gave him a ticket, and he thought he was just heading to a special reading of "Blindness" by Jose Saramango in Portugal, little suspecting that he'd end up in Japan on a bizarre Japanese game show. :oldrazz:

Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I've been meaning to buy some Daredevil books, but I've got a stack of things to get through before I spend any more money haha. And while I'm generally familiar with Daredevil & his supporting characters, it's the details that make them great & I just haven't spent enough time on him to make a determination on whether NYC is too broad of an area for the guy. That's why I asked, but I will definitely get there at some point!

Unlike my whining about Iron Fist I can definitely see Daredevil working well on t.v., hopefully it'll contrast largely with Agents of SHIELD by really embracing its comic routes, having him have a recognizable costume, hopefully dealing with the likes of the Owl, Typhoid Mary, and other such nuts right out of the gate.

I honestly hope it's completely different from AOS in tone, storytelling, etc.

I don't watch any shows on network television, or even basic cable with a few exceptions. Even if this is Netflix only, I wouldn't know what to expect. I'd like something on HBO or Showtime, but this thing probably needs a bigger budget so premium cable would be out of the question.

I don't watch any shows on network television, or even basic cable with a few exceptions. Even if this is Netflix only, I wouldn't know what to expect. I'd like something on HBO or Showtime, but this thing probably needs a bigger budget so premium cable would be out of the question.

The Netflix shows have a lot of sex and cursing....and nudity.

The Netflix shows have a lot of sex and cursing....and nudity.

While I doubt Marvel will take full advantage of that it gives me a lot of hope for four gritty shows and a very probable chance of seeing a proper Punisher!

I wonder if we'll ever see a comic book movie where a known character bares her boobs.

I don't remember what happened in there.

Aaron Eeckhart is in talks for a Marvel film. I think he would make a good Daredevil!

I don't remember what happened in there.

You see Silk Spectre's glorious mammories in her Nite Owl sex scene.

Aaron Eeckhart is in talks for a Marvel film. I think he would make a good Daredevil!

Not sure he'd be enticed to partake in a Netflix series, then again he might be open to anything once I, Frankenstein fails miserably.

Not sure he'd be enticed to partake in a Netflix series, then again he might be open to anything once I, Frankenstein fails miserably.

Well, she's not as known as an established comic book heroine. I don't remember that scene anyway for some reason. I'm not sure I even made it all the way through that movie.

Well, she's not as known as an established comic book heroine. I don't remember that scene anyway for some reason. I'm not sure I even made it all the way through that movie.

I think you're out of luck then.
Hollywood doesn't seem to be near letting go its strange moral stance on nudity.
Just look as some of the terrifyingly violent stuff we've seen in Agents of SHIELD, people burnt to death, exposed brains and more and that's on ABC!
That gets a pass but if you'd let Skye's nip slip some would act like the foundations of America were about to crumble.

So yeah... You'll see Captain America throwing people into propellers and Superman snapping necks but you'll never see the Black Widow do some covert seduction or Wonder Women being a proper Amazonian.

That latest Raid 2 trailer is how I envisioned the new DD. A war between the law and the underworld with a bunch of inhuman martial artists in the mix. Throw in a little courtroom thriller on the side and you're set.

I think Kevin Spacey's successful foray into Netflix on "House of Cards" has attracted a lot more interest from "serious-minded" actors and directors. I doubt Eckhart would have any qualms about the medium.

And yeah, Eck would make a great Matt.

I'm also going to throw Mark Wahlberg's hat --- er, mask --- into the ring. I think he'd be awesome as Hornhead.

I think Kevin Spacey's successful foray into Netflix on "House of Cards" has attracted a lot more interest from "serious-minded" actors and directors. I doubt Eckhart would have any qualms about the medium.

And yeah, Eck would make a great Matt.

I'm also going to throw Mark Wahlberg's hat --- er, mask --- into the ring. I think he'd be awesome as Hornhead.

I think Wahlberg might fall short of the marky mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"