Daredevil = Underrated

Daredevil was an adequete film, but the directors cut is awesome, really worth watching!

IAmHe9 said:
I wasn't trying to compare Spider-man and Daredevil. I actually prefer Spider-man as a movie, I was just trying to make the point that Spider-man gets great reviews and most people love its storyline, while DD tends not to get such good reviews yet stays quite truthful to the comics. One of the worst events in Spidey's career has been the death of Gwen Stacy, and one of the worst in DD's career has been the death of Elektra (at the time of death, anyway). While one movie chose to pretend it never happened, the other gritted its teeth and made it happen. Just saying it should get props for that.

No, it REALLY shouldn't. The lesson to be learned from Daredevil is that comics are comics and movies are movies. Raimi knew this and SMJ didn't.

Ahh Daredevil what a great movie how I wish there was a DD2.:(

deathshead2 said:
Ahh Daredevil what a great movie how I wish there was a DD2.:(

I'd put money on a DD2 HAD the director's cut been originally released in cinemas, as originally intended.

yer, DD2 would have been good having seen the directors cut, but I guess the producers have learnt a lesson and it won't happen again, fingers crossed!

I just watched the Director's Cut for the first time last night. Excellent film, easily on par with the Spider-Man films. Why this film was cut up and released the way it wa is beyond me. My only guess is maybe they were going to attempt to get younger children as new fans?

Yes it's very underrated. Not the original cut, oh no, that got what it deserved. but the dc is great. I put it above the first spidey movie and a notch behind the second if only for the horridly cheesy playground battle.

Everything else is solid. And they didn't give him an organic billy club so that's a plus for it against other comicbook movies.

Kevin Roegele said:
No, it REALLY shouldn't. The lesson to be learned from Daredevil is that comics are comics and movies are movies. Raimi knew this and SMJ didn't.

Joel Schumacher knew that as well.:confused:

DD is an uber underrated film
Galactical said:
Everything else is solid. And they didn't give him an organic billy club so that's a plus for it against other comicbook movies.

That comment made me blatantly ******ed.

In all honesty, after watching the director's cut, I don't think I can watch the theatrical cut any more.

Mr. Walters said:
I just watched the Director's Cut for the first time last night. Excellent film, easily on par with the Spider-Man films. Why this film was cut up and released the way it wa is beyond me. My only guess is maybe they were going to attempt to get younger children as new fans?

Unlike Spiderman, the Daredevil film attempted to tell too large a tale in too short a film.

They could have easily made two films with the content they tried to fit into the director's cut, and IMHO it shows.

Both releases seem quite rushed. Spiderman on the otherhand had a steady pace that didn't seem nearly as rushed.

Daredevil the director's cut was almost close to being nearly as good as the first Spiderman. It was nowhere near as good as the second Spidey flick.

IMHO.

The king pin was awesome.

"Nobody's innocent. nobody."

(Discussing killing people)"Business. That's all it ever is is business."

(talking about letting daredevil come straight to him) "I was raised in the bronx, westley. This i something YOU wouldn't understand."

I love this movie.

daredevil DC is definitly one of my favourite comic book films..and probably gets more time in my dvd player than most of my collection... love the movie.

Galactical said:
The king pin was awesome.

"Nobody's innocent. nobody."

(Discussing killing people)"Business. That's all it ever is is business."

(talking about letting daredevil come straight to him) "I was raised in the bronx, westley. This i something YOU wouldn't understand."

I love this movie.
Those were great lines, but he had much better ones.
"Did you know that in ancient times, they would cut the tongues out of the bodyguards their first day on the job?...I know you don't like the physical stuff. Well, I do."
And my personal favorite:
"It's a shame you came here wounded; I would've LOVED to fight you in your prime."

The Directors Cut is simply fantastic and fixes the problem about having a PG 13 rating. And I loved the casting, probably my favorite cast in a marvel movie yet. As a big DD fan (obvious from my name) I think Affleck delivered an amazing performance and there are so many great scenes that I will remember forever. The scene with Young Matt and Jack is simply beautiful and the score was great. I personally think that the reboot is going to fail big time compared to the Directors Cut.

I love the DC of Daredevil the only scene I could do without is the playground fight scene

it could be 100 times better it should be Marvel's batman begins

i actually really love the DC of Daredevil, i never understood the hate for the movie...personally its one of the underrated Marvel gems like the 04 Punisher...oddly enough i really like both characters.

i actually really love the DC of Daredevil, i never understood the hate for the movie...personally its one of the underrated Marvel gems like the 04 Punisher...oddly enough i really like both characters.

haha pretty funny isnt it? You and I both like Punisher and Daredevil who oddly enough despise each other in the comics xD

I still REALLY want to read their first ever face off... I just cant seem to find out where it is and in what graphic novel it would be.

Affleck gets alot of flack for this movie but i'm gonna go right ahead and say i thought he was a great matt murdock. He actually looked like Murdock with his hair and glasses and posture, i thought so at least. Thats more than i can say about alot of comic book movies, even the really good ones. Tobey Maguire looks nothing like Peter Parker, Christian Bale looks nothing like Bruce Wayne, of course that didnt stop those movies from being awesome but just proving a point.

My only problems with the film were the 1) the costume. I realize its hard to makes an all-red suit look cool in real life but the costume just looked silly to me. 2) Elektra, oh god how they ruined Elektra and she brought the movie down. Thank god the DC took most of her stuff out. Otherwise i always thought DD was one of marvel's better movies.

Affleck gets alot of flack for this movie but i'm gonna go right ahead and say i thought he was a great matt murdock. He actually looked like Murdock with his hair and glasses and posture, i thought so at least. Thats more than i can say about alot of comic book movies, even the really good ones. Tobey Maguire looks nothing like Peter Parker, Christian Bale looks nothing like Bruce Wayne, of course that didnt stop those movies from being awesome but just proving a point.

You know, I couldnt agree more. I loved Affleck as Matt, I just thought he had the best demeanor for the character possible. I also wasnt a big fan of the costume but I thought it worked.

And his narration was just brilliant, it really was. Oh how I love the DC. I watched it 3 times in 2 weeks :awesome:

images
daredevil-movie.jpg

So I still cant understand why people hated Affleck so much as DD... when in all honesty I thought he was a 100% fit.

And I thought he looked great in the court room scenes too. Perfect lawyer type IMO. Plus his lines were great (I cant seem to remember if it was taken from the comics or not though)

2003_daredevil_014.jpg

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Justice is blind. But it can be heard. And today, the truth will come out"

Last edited:
it is an alright movie but lets be honest with the source material it should be as good as batman begins

with the character and material it should be great not just alright/decent

A lot of people were upset that the Kingpin was black and that Ben Affleck was cast as Matt Murdock. I can understand that having Duncan as the Kingpin was a bit jarring, but it's easy to get over it.

That's racist, yo. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"