The Dark Knight Dark Knight film influences?

Ooh, I haven't seen The Killing. Hello Netflix...

Speaking of Heat, southern Californians might remember there was a similar shootout that happened in LA a few years after the movie came out. Some robbers came out of a bank and had fully automatic weapons and basically pinned down the cops by firing wildly at them, until the cops commandeered a gun store nearby and helped themselves to some of the weapons inside. All of this was shown live on TV from a helicopter. It was insanity.

Anyone but me remember watching that on TV?
No, but it sounds like they ripped THAT off for the opening of SWAT.
(Which is most likely NOT a film that Nolan screened for the crew!)

Although I did not make this, i think it gets the point across of what influenced joker..

sinttulo2no5.jpg
saved to Bat-Puter!:brucebat:

No, but it sounds like they ripped THAT off for the opening of SWAT.
(Which is most likely NOT a film that Nolan screened for the crew!)

It almost looked like it was a reenactment of that scene from Heat.

Speaking of Heat, southern Californians might remember there was a similar shootout that happened in LA a few years after the movie came out. Some robbers came out of a bank and had fully automatic weapons and basically pinned down the cops by firing wildly at them, until the cops commandeered a gun store nearby and helped themselves to some of the weapons inside. All of this was shown live on TV from a helicopter. It was insanity.

Yep, And they had FULL body armor.

They were pretty unstoppable for awhile until the cops went to the gun store.

I might be awfully wrong but the spoiler with the Joker's escape from the Hospital with a bus, terrorizing some innocent passengers (I think that's it:cwink: ) always reminded me of the last sequence of Dirty Harry, with Scorpio taking a whole schoolbus in hostage with Callahan angerly pursuing him!

dhc_dirty3.jpg

275px-DIRTY_HARRY-4.jpg

Andrew Robinson reminds me of a simili Joker too !

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Scarface. Especially since we are getting Harvey Dent :oldrazz:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Barley Legal 3.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Scarface. Especially since we are getting Harvey Dent :oldrazz:
What's the connexion with Scarface, apart from the disfiguration linked to the title ?

Although, I think the bank scene will draw heavily from Busty Cops 4.

What's the connexion with Scarface, apart from the disfiguration linked to the title ?

That's it, it was meant to be a joke that failed miserably. But since you mention it, it could have some link with the mob and Salvatore Maroni? but then that could go for any mob movie.

The shootout, [grenades] blowing off in people's hands and mouths, the money shots...its all derived straight from the said movie.

With all this talk of a Clockwork Orange, does anyone else think this shot looks pretty similiar to one of the leaked photos (Of The Joker kicking) we aren't allowed to show?

clockwork.jpg

Regarding a Clockwork Orange, a thought in a more recent interview Heath said he looked to that at first but when it came to the final product, not so much.

I believe Batman is one of the greatest influences of TDK

Is that the one where they do it on the boat and then in the car and then in the bathtub? And he's like, "Hey, baby, I love you? and she's like "Where are we?" And did you see the size of his... errrr.. you get the idea

I remember that, those guys were loaded. They had body armor and everything.

I believe Batman is one of the greatest influences of TDK

You sure? I remember Goyer and Nolan saying the really drew heavily from Captain America and Star Wars: Episode III.

Nope that was a rumor, I don't know though it could be Star Wars but I kind of doubt it

It may have been mentioned, but we know there is definitely some Bond in these Nolan's Batman.

And Nolan has said we're going to see more the detective side of Batman. Hoping they looked more to Thomas Harris than CSI.

Stanley Kubrick's The Killing. Apparently Nolan is a huge Kubrick fan.

thekilling4.jpg

This is the only listed that makes any sense.

Heat = no. Not in the least. The bank heist scene plays more like the building takeover in Die Hard than Heat.

Clockwork Orange = no. I haven't seen a single neon/hyper reality pic or sequence description.

I'd like to think his influence was how they made The Joker this time around in combination with Batman Begins. Nothing wrong with stanch originality.

I get the noir influence but it's not as though Fritz Lang invented the genre in terms of art, he just expanded on it with the allowances afforded by a relatively new medium. Those influences could be driving the aesthetic. I'd say it's rooted in the reasoning behind even the most base component in the 'derivative hierarchy' that most movies owe much of their content to.

I think this is going to be totally original.

I might be awfully wrong but the spoiler with the Joker's escape from the Hospital with a bus, terrorizing some innocent passengers (I think that's it:cwink: ) always reminded me of the last sequence of Dirty Harry, with Scorpio taking a whole schoolbus in hostage with Callahan angerly pursuing him!

dhc_dirty3.jpg

275px-DIRTY_HARRY-4.jpg

Andrew Robinson reminds me of a simili Joker too !
dude scorpio is ****ing insane. especially when he is yelling at the kids to sing then slaps em

SING!!! row row row your boat:woot:

dude scorpio is ****ing insane. especially when he is yelling at the kids to sing then slaps em

SING!!! row row row your boat:woot:

Oh man...that movie rules.

Trivia for people who don't know. John Milius was an uncredited writer on Dirty Harry. Guess what famous film character is based on John Milius?

Walter-Sobchak.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"