The Dark Knight Dark Knight film influences?

i just love the way the prologue looked. it was so clear. so vibrant. it just looked good. i'm yet to put my finger on it. but it looked fantastic.

Let me see if I can help... Pfister is a damn good DP. Batman Begins looked f***ing gorgeous in 35mm - just check out the HD-DVD:wow: . The image was so crisp, the blacks so dark - it was really gorgeous.

Just imagining what he can do with a film stock 10x the quality is enough to make me drool.

Hey, I like this thread. It's better than talking about Bale's abs over there in that other thread that shall not be named.

yeah. i mean, begins looked good. real good. i don't know if Pfister is Nolan's usual guy, but these movies are kind of etching out a style for nolan. TDK somehow felt like a nolan movie. and if pfister is his usual DP then that could be the reason.

Begins had brilliant cinematography! Definitely. It should have won that Oscar.

The scenes in Gotham at night did give off a bit of a Blade Runner feel which everyone has said was an influence.

I feel like watching Blade Runner now

For some reason I kinda get an LA Confidential vibe from certain points in TDK. relating to Dent, Rachel and Gordon. and NO I'm not saying it's an 'influence', just reminds of it

That plays into what I was saying since LA Confidential is a love letter to that genre and how it existing when it was at it's peak.

The Black Dahlia is the same type of thing. There's a very apparent relationship between the mask America wore way back when and the reality that was hidden beneath it and the Batman Universe. The animated series really took that and ran with it.

Gotham has a very 1945 American metropolis feel in just about every incarnation it's seen.

Begins had brilliant cinematography! Definitely. It should have won that Oscar.

The scenes in Gotham at night did give off a bit of a Blade Runner feel which everyone has said was an influence.

I agree, either Begins or The New World, Memoirs of a Geisha really didn't deserve a win.

I agree, either Begins or The New World, Memoirs of a Geisha really didn't deserve a win.

QFT

If The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford don't win best cinematography this year I think I'll strangle a small animal.

QFT

If The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford don't win best cinematography this year I think I'll strangle a small animal.

I'll join you, that film was hauntingly beautiful!

QFT

Don't count on the Academy to make the right decision - I was furious last year when Pan's Labyrinth won over Children of Men.

Ironic really, considering PL was my favourite film of the year by far and I wanted it to win everything else! The only oscar it won was the one it shouldn't have!

Any way, back on topic.

It may have seemed odd that I put down 'Die Hard with a Vengeance' as a possible influence for TDK. But I only say because I was watching it the other day and one thing that really impressed me about the movie is how you get a real sense of New York as a city in that movie. You see how all the different facets of the city react to the extreme circumstances - the public, the police, the newsrooms, the transport system, industry etc. NY felt like a living, breathing city just how Nolan was saying that he really wanted to make Gotham feel like a real city. I think TDK may well have some of that vibe going on.

Any way, back on topic.

It may have seemed odd that I put down 'Die Hard with a Vengeance' as a possible influence for TDK. But I only say because I was watching it the other day and one thing that really impressed me about the movie is how you get a real sense of New York as a city in that movie. You see how all the different facets of the city react to the extreme circumstances - the public, the police, the newsrooms, the transport system, industry etc. NY felt like a living, breathing city just how Nolan was saying that he really wanted to make Gotham feel like a real city. I think TDK may well have some of that vibe going on.

That makes sense to me.

Incidentally Jeremy Irons would make an orgasmic Mr Freeze...

i think batman begins drew from blade runner, look and feel wise
but i remember them saying with batman begins being so great they didnt want to touch that again with the dark knight. they are taking the level of this film in a different direction. i believe it will be a comic book movie set in a sobering reality, the color of the movie will change, the story expanded, more characters,a batman movie/ action crime drama i believe . which i think will look and feel like Heat. but this is just an assumption wont know until i see the prologue or trailer:yay:

blackdevildoll.jpg

what about Black Devil Doll I think there's some definite influences for Joker here

What's the connexion with Scarface, apart from the disfiguration linked to the title ?

maybe the way tony has mood swings

eg: when he sees his friend with his sister

will influence mr dent actions :word: :dry:

I really hope this is a joke............?

I can't believe you actually asked me that. Really. Seriously, Socko, you're my boy, but really.

BTW, I liked this thread.

but will it have any Taxi Driver influences?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"