• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Darkman vs Unbreakable,what's the better comic booky movie?

and then Ant-Man went crawling up the audience's trouser leg causing them to wonder what the hell was going on. :awesome:

But, yeah, that is a nice way of putting it, :up: , I'm not sure about Blade's impact in a practical manner, ie studios taking notice and discussing making more cb movies because of it, but it certainly gave the fans some hope there was life in the old cb adaptation genre yet.

I think it's funny this is being discussed in a Darkman/Unbreakable thread, as neither movie had any impact whatsoever on the progress and survival of the cb/sh genre in practical terms.(apart from Raimi getting some practise in for SM)

Agreed, yeah. Blade was a hit, but it didn't have the impact like Spider-Man with studios saying, "We need to make more of these!" Blade served as "Okay, this seems to be working with a lesser hero, let's go after the bigger ones. It can go somewhere." Then came X-Men. I'd say that gave more influence of Spider-Man being made. But let's face it, a Spider-Man was always trying to get made. But now with X-Men being a hit, something as popular as Spider-Man was a for sure hit.

Once Spider-Man came out it's pretty much what we see now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"