David Fincher’s “The Killer” (Fassbender)

Man. What a lean, mean little ****er of a movie. Loved it from start to finish. Really wish I had the opportunity to see it in theaters and there had better be a Blu-Ray release.

Might be Top 5 Fincher for me.

Saw this today, it was slow but I didn't mind that. A solid film as Fassbander is always great. :D

Fassbender was great in this, and I actually thought his character was really interesting and quirky which I didn't expect at all, but it was refreshing to see such a cold, calculating character with so much personality. I enjoyed it as a slow burn, character study with plenty of dark humor thrown in as well.

Also, that fight scene was awesome lol.

Fassbender was great in this, and I actually thought his character was really interesting and quirky which I didn't expect at all, but it was refreshing to see such a cold, calculating character with so much personality. I enjoyed it as a slow burn, character study with plenty of dark humor thrown in as well.

Also, that fight scene was awesome lol.
Best part of the movie, lol.

This made me want a Parker adaptation by Fincher with Fassbender. Major energy from those books in this.

Found this to be very good, not on the level of greatness as Fincher's best work, but a happy return to form after Mank. Really tight craft work across the board for a very entertaining, fairly insightful thriller that made a great Friday night movie. Not super-memorable for me, but there's not much I didn't love.

That said - someone needs to free Fincher from Netflix, the **** he's been saying makes it sound like they replaced his brain with a corporate PR machine.

I liked this! Middle of the road Fincher is still good Fincher and it's nice to see him return to form after Mank.

Thought this was good but not great. Fassbinder and the directing were awesome but the story just didn't seem to go anywhere. It was basically a revenge plot at its simplest but Fun her directed the hell out of it. Some quite funny moments too.

7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"