David Cronenberg's 'The Talking Cure'

[A]

Avenger
Reaction score
Australian distributor Hopscotch Films announced via its Facebook page that the acting trifecta of Keira Knightley, Christoph Waltz and Michael Fassbender have joined acclaimed director David Cronenberg for the adaptation of Christopher Hampton’s play The Talking Cure. The play focuses on famous psychoanalysts and close friends Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung and their relationship with patient Sabina Spielrein. The movie marks the first from Cronenberg since his 2007 project Eastern Promises and the second time Knightley features in a Hampton piece, the first being the Oscar-nominated Atonement.

http://www.collider.com/2009/12/23/...fassbender-join-cronenbergs-the-talking-cure/

At the beginning of November there was a tiny mention in an otherwise unrelated Variety article that suggested David Cronenberg was still developing The Talking Cure, a film based on Christopher Hampton’s 2002 play about Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung. Announced in 2007, this had been quickly sidelined by films like The Matarese Circle and Cosmopolis. Or so we thought. Now it appears that the film is very much happening, and will be the next project for Cronenberg

(...)

Here’s what Australian distributor Hopscotch Films announced today, on Facebook of all places:

«More LA buys… Hopscotch will release ‘The Talking Cure’ directed by Cronenberg, starring Keira Knightly, Michael Fassbender, Christoph Waltz. A beautiful young woman, driven mad by her past. An ambitious doctor on a mission to succeed. An esteemed mentor with a revolutionary cure. Let the mind games begin…»

The irony here is that the Variety article that mentioned the film last month was about new projects for Fassbender, but there was no implication that he’d show up in this. Having a little Inglourious Basterds reunion (even if he at Waltz didn’t have a scene together in that film) should help this one with some audiences. And for those who thought Waltz was taking the Hollywood crack pipe too soon for his role in The Green Hornet, this should be ample antidote

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/23...htley-michael-fassbender-and-christoph-waltz/

http://chud.com/articles/articles/21959/1/CRONENBERG-AND-HANS-LANDA-HELL-YEAH/Page1.html

David Cronenberg and Keira Knightley? Count me in.

More like David Cronenberg and Christoph Waltz. :awesome:

You ever see Inglorious Basterds I SEE SPIDEY?

With those two alone...I'm already waiting to buy my ticket.

I only needed to read Cronenberg to be in :up:

seriously, Michael Fassbender has "classic leading man" written all over him.

[A];17871263 said:
I only needed to read Cronenberg to be in :up:
Me too but I just like bringing up one of my girl crushes.

I'm about to watch "The Dead Zone" for the first time on Netflix.

A new Cronenberg project? Count me in.

I'm betting most people (here) is gonna be interested..

Well now, Viggo Mortensen replaced Christoph Waltz -- and after this one, Cronenberg and Viggo will be making Eastern Promises 2..

Cronenberg? Wait -- you mean that guy who did all of those really weird movies? Count my ass in.

Cronenberg? Wait -- you mean that guy who did all of those really weird movies? Count my ass in.
yeah, that guy :hehe: though he haven't made a weird ass movie in years..

Last edited:
i agree that i miss his love of 'fleshy' prosthetics and surreal storytelling. (sobbing)

:hehe: the occasional gore too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"