Krypton David Goyer Attached to "Krypton"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see exactly where you're coming from. There's only a few things restricted to Kyrpton and its colonies I'd be fascinated to see; stuff like the founding, and eventual breakaway with, Daxam, Kem-L, the xenophobic ancestor of Superman who probably fits perfectly as the originator of the artificial birth control, and a few Phantom Zone criminal appearances.

However, if they sued this as an oppurtunity to explore the cosmic history of the DCEU....

Imagine having a season arc centering on Manhunters from Oa getting involved with Kryptonian politics, or skirmishes and eventual war with Apokilips, or a Kryptonian Civil War across the the stars that sees Daxam seperated from its progenitors, the creation of Brainiac and Doomsday, etc.

You could get a lot further if you decide dot embrace Krypton as a time-travel-less version of Gallifrey with warts and all.

It would be great if they would go with the war between Krypton and Daxam that was talked about on Supergirl between Kara and Mon-El. I know the two shows are separate entities,
and I'm not sure how Goyer feels about the Berlanti version of Kryptonians, but it would be a fun fan service way of tying the DC TV universes together. And possibly attract fans of the
two shows to each other. Not saying doing a crossover, but showing the Krypton/Daxam war would fill in the details and be more of a story adaptable to Krypton than trying to do a few
flashback scenes on Supergirl. I'd watch that, anyway.

You would think a planet that has the ability to create a spaceship that can travel from one planet to another within a few years would be above using animals as the main method of travel. What we saw in MOS was like me deciding to ride a horse to work when I live in a city(just because something exists doesn't make it a logical choice basically)

People that own horses and like horse riding do ride them around town and to run errands. Especially in rural towns. And police officers ride horses in cities even tho a bicycle or motorbike or an atv could work just as well.

It would be great if they would go with the war between Krypton and Daxam that was talked about on Supergirl between Kara and Mon-El. I know the two shows are separate entities,
and I'm not sure how Goyer feels about the Berlanti version of Kryptonians, but it would be a fun fan service way of tying the DC TV universes together. And possibly attract fans of the
two shows to each other. Not saying doing a crossover, but showing the Krypton/Daxam war would fill in the details and be more of a story adaptable to Krypton than trying to do a few
flashback scenes on Supergirl. I'd watch that, anyway.
Most likely they can't for contractual reasons. CBS/CW has the rights to Supergirl and Comcast/NBC/Universal owns Syfy which is doing this series so they probably won't play nice together.

Most likely they can't for contractual reasons. CBS/CW has the rights to Supergirl and Comcast/NBC/Universal owns Syfy which is doing this series so they probably won't play nice together.

Oh, I'm not saying as a way to connect the shows in fact. Rather just that the folks doing Krypton say, hey that other show about Krytonians which we dare not name mentioned a war between Krypton and Daxam, lets do a full story about that. Maybe we can get some of their viewers to watch us. I don't think there are any legal bars to doing something like that.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/11/krypton-syfyas-superman-prequel-showas-full-cast-revealed

Syfy has revealed the full cast for its Superman prequel series, Krypton.

Deadline reports that Game of Thrones’ Ian McElhinney, who played Barristan Selmy on the HBO show, has joined the series.

The rest of the cast includes Elliot Cowan (Da Vinci’s Demons), Ann Ogbomo (World War Z), Rasmus Hardiker (Your Highness), Wallis Day (The Royals) and Aaron Pierre (Tennison).

McElhinney will play Seg-El’s grandfather Val-El, a rogue genius who has tried, but failed, to warn the Kryptonian elite about an incoming ancient threat. Cowan’s character is Daron Vex, Kandor’s Chief Magistrate who defends Krypton’s oligarchy against nonconformists. Day is starring as Nyssa Vex, Daron Vex’s daughter and a junior magistrate.

Ogbomo is playing Lyta Zod’s mother, Primus Alura Zod, who’s also the leader of Krypton's military guild. Pierre is Dev-Em, one of Alura Zod’s cadets. Hardiker will portray Kem, main character Seg-El’s best friend and reckless engineer.

Could they have come up with a different name then Alura? Isn't that Kara's mothers name?

But hopefully we get a trailer or some pics soon.

Wallis Day was awful in Jekyll and Hyde.

Apparently I saw something that this is canon to the DCEU?

The SFX look good.

Yeah, seems pretty good for non-premium Cable TV. Has some scope it seems. Not crazy about the lead's line readings. Also, I kinda wish this Krypton looked a little more different than the one we saw in MOS. It makes sense to have it look similar but being from an earlier time I wish it was just a tad more colorful, more vibrant. It may not take place long enough before the destruction to be that lively but that might be an issue. Perhaps it should have been from earlier in time and show the slide into the slowly dying culture we saw in MOS.

The trailer shows potential though, and it's got my GAME OF THRONES spirit animal Ser Barristan in it so I'm in for the first five to seven episodes.

I'm fine with the MoS look, I didn't like the movie but it wasn't because of Krypton aesthetics. Then again, I'm not a Superman expert nor a huge fan so I will come with a free mind on this show. At least it seems more "serious" than Supergirl which I could not get into ( stopped after season 1 ).

Dev-Em wasn't he mentioned in the Man of Steel prequel comic involving Super Girl?

I'm fine with the MoS look, I didn't like the movie but it wasn't because of Krypton aesthetics. Then again, I'm not a Superman expert nor a huge fan so I will come with a free mind on this show. At least it seems more "serious" than Supergirl which I could not get into ( stopped after season 1 ).

I am a huge fan of MOS and I loved the aesthetic of Krypton, I just think that it being set relatively close to the destruction of the planet, only 200 years, that it has to look like the culture we saw, and while I liked it in MOS it was supposed to be a culture in decline. Maybe being further back and showing how that started it could be a little more colorful and "gee-whiz adventurous. Lord knows it's seriousness and lack of "color" will be used as a cudgel against it by the usual suspects online.

Dev-Em wasn't he mentioned in the Man of Steel prequel comic involving Super Girl?

Where was Dev mentioned in the trailer? I missed that? Yes Dev was one of the characters in the prequel comic.

I guess Dev is probably a common name in the house of Em. One of Zod's soldiers in Man of Steel is credited as Dev-Em.
http://dccomicsextendeduniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Dev-Em_II
latest

My friend just showed this to me, and I'm pretty excited for it.

So cool how its tied into the DCEU.

This looks really promising. Visually it's looks fantastic as well.

Now I am getting less hyped. This was a leak, the older D.C. logo indicates this was done some time ago. This may still not see the light of day.

That piqued my interest far more than I would have thought upon hearing they were doing this way back when. Just struck me as a needless idea. At the very least, I'm interested in seeing what the central conflict is and, I guess, the accompanying rise of the House of El. I wouldn't mind seeing the Black Zero get woven into this.

Looks like they are Deadpooling this in hopes SyFy green-lights it.

Now I am getting less hyped. This was a leak, the older D.C. logo indicates this was done some time ago. This may still not see the light of day.

I was wondering why there was a trailer when the show wasn't greenlit. Well, going by the trailer I don't see any particular reason to think they won't sign off on it, unless there's budgetary concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"