David Goyer developing Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" as Apple Series

I cant believe any Goyer show is fantastic. Hopefully this is a first time.

Last edited:

Premiering 3hrs earlier tonight

Phenomenal first episode, absolutely breathtaking.

The sheer scope and spectacle is unlike anything I have ever seen in a Science Fiction TV show.

Phenomenal first episode, absolutely breathtaking.

The sheer scope and spectacle is unlike anything I have ever seen in a Science Fiction TV show.
Good to hear! I haven't finished the books yet so I'm gonna hold off on watching this.

I cant believe any Goyer show is fantastic. Hopefully this is a first time.
To be fair, Goyer isn’t the only writer on this show as Josh Friedman(whose credits include Sarah Connor Chronicles) is writing this with him.

Friedman left during pre-production. Goyer remained as the sole showrunner.

I didn't expect a reference to the Mule this early in the timeline. I wonder if Demerzel will be modified for the TV series beyond gender.

Jury is still out for me to commit to something like this. Reviews so far seem meh, at least judging RT.

Freidman still co-wrote episodes with Goyer before he left, though.
Yes, he co-wrote the first two and that could very much be it. Even if he has done more, he will certainly have no input in subsequent seasons. And it's not like his work infuses with so much confidence either. But Goyer is indeed the big red flag here for me too.

Overall I liked the first two episodes, though. It's a huge show in terms of ambition and scope and I'm definitely there for it. We'll see how it continues.

I don't understand the meh critical reaction, I loved the first two episodes. The story is interesting even without the spectacle.

The first two episodes weren't bad...lot of technobabble and proper names to remember like Shadow and Bone and I'm sure Wheel of Time is gonna have to deal with as well.

I probably enjoyed them more than I'm liking See right now. I just hope it doesn't decline in quality halfway through like Raised By Wolves did the rest of the way.

I didn't expect Demerzel to be revealed as a robot so quickly or that it was an open secret although that's probably to be expected given that she's been with the clones for a long time. Although given how she's pretty comfortable with humans being harmed I wonder if it's just a really lax application of the Zeroeth Law or the Three Laws don't exist in this adaptation. As I said I wonder if they're going with more deviations to the Demerzel character down the line.

Anachreon getting bombed to hell by the Empire I guess explains why they were so backwards when they meet the Foundation down the line. I wonder if psuchohistory foresaw this too.

The first episode was ok. A bit hard to follow because of the sci-if babble. Willing to give it a few more episodes.

The first two episodes weren't bad...lot of technobabble and proper names to remember like Shadow and Bone and I'm sure Wheel of Time is gonna have to deal with as well.

I probably enjoyed them more than I'm liking See right now. I just hope it doesn't decline in quality halfway through like Raised By Wolves did the rest of the way.

Yup, I did get flashbacks from that. They did explain them to a degree quicker than Shadow and Bone.

I hadn't even heard of this until I read that one of the more well known Finnish actresses, Laura Birn, was going to be playing a major role in this (Demerzel). So far she's been good. First major tv show role since Peter Franzen as Harald Finehair on Vikings. Side note, he's apparently going to be on Wheel Of Time. On the movie side, Jasper Pääkkönen, who played his brother on Vikings, is all buddies with Spike Lee now and probably guaranteed a role in most of his future movies. :funny:

Last edited:
This series is just breathtaking. Never seen such an epic story on the silver screen.
And I heared that after episode 5 it will really good.

The book's never really interested me that much, and don't have the streaming service to watch this anyway - but damn, gotta say the commercials for it look goddamn gorgeous. Definitely some huge scale to this thing, kind of reminded me of Jupiter Ascending in that respect - much as I know that flick gets a lot of hate.

savingprivateryan-ww2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"