David Poland says "Disney might kill Thor."

Well, at least he put it right in the title that he'd ramble. I closed the window right around the point he started explaining the concept of individual opinions. :dry:

Here we go now. Man if only we had Captain America during 9/11 then maybe we wouldn't be so worried about things right now :rolleyes: .

Do you guys realize how petty and disturbing that sounds?
It's not petty or disturbing.It's called marketing.The right movie for the right time.During 911 America was pro America their were Flags everywhere and who knows the Captain America movie at that time if done right would have given alot of Americans hope and inspiration.This happened before During WWII
all they did was have movies like this based on America and Patriotism.Right now America is angry with the Government because of the recession and alot of Americans are against the War right now.
So you have to do it when the window of oppurtunity opens up!In the movie Iron Man he was somewhere in the middle east instead of Vietnam>Why the middle east because that's where the troops are right now so it worked.Movie have to reflect the times we live in.When the X-men comics came it one of the reasons it was such a hit was because it came during the time of Civil Rights so the comics relected the times of being accepted even if you are different.Malcom X =Magneto Martin Luther King = Prf.X.I'm not Malcom X was evil but his belief system was different form Martin Luther King.He believed some had to be taken by force and Martin Luther King believed that pasive resistence was the way.Look at those old stotries in that time and you will see why those comics were so successful.Marvel had a character from Africa named BLACK PANTHER need I say more.Marvel Had a Black Character Name POWER MAN during the time when Black Power was being shouted across America.C'mon dude.History imitates art then art imitates history.

Last edited:
Art imitates life, then life imitates art. You have it backwards.

Art imitates life, then life imitates art. You have it backwards.

I don't have it backwards.I have it wrong.Why did I say History?I meant to say that History has proven that Art imitates Life then Life imitates Art.Sorry about that.

He DOES realize Thor is a GOD, right?

God's arent that easy to kill, last i checked.

$20 says their really going to kill him because he infringes religious beliefs, or some crap.

Heh, I'll raise your 20 to 20,000...pounds. :dpf:

Thor won't get canned. It's a film that will appeal to a wide demographic, more so than the likes of Captain America.

I mean, it could be the Marvel LOTR or whatever.

Plus if the film was going to get canned now we would have more actors getting signed onboard. Plus the whole disney deal isnt official just yet i belive. I think it still needs to go to the board members/stockholder and all that.

I would hope that of all the creative minds in the world....the Disney people would be the kind to keep Thor alive. Or find a way to do it.

His beard will prevent him from dying. It was given to him by Chuck Norris.

:hehe:

Pff, Marvel's Herc would kick that nancy-boy's ass. And then insult his mother. :oldrazz:

Disneys Hercules is one of my favourite Disney films though. James Woods as Hades is genius :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"