Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one X-Men related film didn't star Wolverine. We will see if Days of Future Past is the second one.
I don't have much faith but maybe Singer and Fox will surprise me.

If Marsden is in this film I expect Singer will focus on him more while keeping Logan in the background. I don't put it past Singer to do that and I don't think Hugh would actually mind because even side bits of Logan will be just fine.

I still think this will be Cyclops film if/when Marsden is announced with Paquin, McKellen, Stewart and Fassbender close runner ups. If Famke is announced then it may change things.

Either way this movie does seem to be focusing more on the original cast than the FC cast.

This Is Fox's response to the Avengers.Of course Wolverine will be a big part of It.Any avengers film with Robert Downey JR In it will have him as one of centrel characteers.It's same as X-men.It's stupid to think Hugh jackman won't have a key role In film.I's also
stupid to complain about size of Wolverine's role at this juncue.

And let's be honest first Class was losest grossing X-Men film.Now what you do In fox's place.Of course you would want the lead of most sucessful films In key role.

If Marsden is in this film I expect Singer will focus on him more while keeping Logan in the background. I don't put it past Singer to do that and I don't think Hugh would actually mind because even side bits of Logan will be just fine.

I still think this will be Cyclops film if/when Marsden is announced with Paquin, McKellen, Stewart and Fassbender close runner ups. If Famke is announced then it may change things.

Either way this movie does seem to be focusing more on the original cast than the FC cast.

Here Is problem with your sceniro.Bryan has said he's not Ignoring the films he
wasn't Involved In(Origins and Last Stand) and because of that the only way
James Marsden and Famke Janssen can appear Is cameo at end of film If altered present happens.If they were outright ignoring those films then what you suggest could happen.

This Is Fox's response to the Avengers.Of course Wolverine will be a big part of It.Any avengers film with Robert Downey JR In it will have him as one of centrel characteers.It's same as X-men.It's stupid to think Hugh jackman won't have a key role In film.I's also

And let's be honest first Class was losest grossing X-Men film.Now what you do In fox's place.Of course you would want the lead of most sucessful films In key role.
Yes, Wolverine is the most beloved and thus he is going to be the star. I understand Fox's great business choice, I think that most do.

At no point in The Avengers did I feel that Tony was in it too much and that the other character's development was put aside for him. In the X-men films however Wolverine is in them too much at the expense of other character's development. I think an x-men film can be done without Logan and be very successful you just have to have the characters be ones the GA already know/care about which is where First Class failed.

So are we going to contine complaining?
I don't visit the X-forums much but when I feel the need to, I imagine I will complain if I don't like something and will praise something if I do like it.

Thus is the nature of messageboards my dear fellow.

But how could Anna even commit to that length of filming schedule? That would mean she's one of the key characters of the film, but she's shooting True Blood for quite a large portion of the DoFP schedule, isn't she?

Well Ian mckellen filmed his in X2 in like 2 scenes. So there you go.

Assuming this is true I think Jennifer has enough momentum right now to change the odds in her favor. She's a powerhouse at the moment so if anyone will be able to get more screen time if need be it'll be her.

If this is true, just imagine the tension between the First Class cast and the original cast on the set.

At no point in The Avengers did I feel that Tony was in it too much and that the other character's development was put aside for him. In the X-men films however Wolverine is in them too much at the expense of other character's development. I think an x-men film can be done without Logan and be very successful you just have to have the characters be ones the GA already know/care about which is where First Class failed.

doesn't Cap get more screen time?

I agree!

doesn't Cap get more screen time?

Nah. Iron Man had more scenes and actually his fight scenes were better than Cap. And who got the last scene before the credits, Iron Man and Pepper Potts :o.

@Feedonatreefrog, Actually no, they had the whole "Man Out of Time" thing planned and filmed but decided not to use it due to it putting too much emphasis on Cap in what's supposed to be a "Team" movie I hope FOX took notes.

In the X-men films however Wolverine is in them too much at the expense of other character's development. I think an x-men film can be done without Logan and be very successful you just have to have the characters be ones the GA already know/care about which is where First Class failed.

Even if FOX makes a film that has a team roster of Scott, Ororo, Jean, Piotr, Rogue, Bobby, Kurt, Hank, Kitty, Warren and Betsy and everybody gets a good amount of screentime/character development. Logan is still a big draw and the movie might not appeal to general public if the most popular X-Men character is missing.

No they downsized cap's role so to give Stark equal or more with him.They give him a lot of time In helicarrier and did the world council planning to blow up new york so Iron Man can
be ultimate hero of film.

I agree!

Nah. Iron Man had more scenes and actually his fight scenes were better than Cap. And who got the last scene before the credits, Iron Man and Pepper Potts :o.

Not to mention he had key dialogue with Loki when he returned to Stark Tower. He "sacrificed" himself to save the city and destroyed the invading army. He got the cliche "he's not breathing" scene.

I just hope Singer retcons the adamantium bullet! That was the worst. ;)

I don't think we'll ever see an X-Men film without Jackman's Wolverine, at least in this particular film series while Jackman can still play the character.

I do, however, agree that Tony Stark/Iron Man never conspicuously dominated The Avengers at the detriment of the others. Neither Loki nor Hawkeye got much development, and Thor was also less in the forefront, but that was because of how the movie was made not because Robert Downey Jr stole their screentime.

The Avengers screentime worked because each individual character got their own movie before it. Now imagine how it would have turned out if they didn't.

Exactly.Now If Justice League Is made with only Man of steel as being In COntunity to It.
That would be a more accurate compession to X-Men.

James McAvoy doesn't think the two Professors will ever meet:

Sounds like James hasn't actually read the script, but I'm kinda glad to hear it. They just look absolutely nothing alike IMO and it would be distracting to watch. It could work better if, say, young!Charles met up with old!Erik or vice versa. I'd be surprised if the old and new Magneto and Professor X didn't get to meet in any way at all.

Halle Berry... meh. She was, at the best, bland and tolerable in these movies. I have trouble believing that DoFP will somehow make the character and actor awesome all of a sudden.

The Avengers screentime worked because each individual character got their own movie before it. Now imagine how it would have turned out if they didn't.

I believe that a lot of people who saw Avengers hadn't seen all of the individual movies; the film was just a big summer event.

The people I know who saw Avengers had not seen Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America. In fact, I know someone who hadn't seen any of those movies and still loved Avengers.

It worked because it (largely) fulfilled expectations of the the three key groups: diehard fans, critics and mainstream viewers. That's not to say it was perfect or provided deep meaningful ideas, but it worked.

I would not want X-Men to emulate Avengers. But there are some key things in Avengers that could also apply to X-Men - respecting the comics and classic characters (including the costumes), not having one character overshadow everyone else and providing a sense of scale and spectacle (backed up with excellent special effects).

She didn't get her own movie but she was featured prominitely in Iron Man 2. Way to avoid my point though.

So you think that her inclusion in IM2 is key to her working as a character in The Avengers?

Cause I'd say that IM2 did next to nothing for her character, yet people seemed to like her in Avengers just fine.

I get what you're saying though. Especially for characters like Wondie where the origin/background is extraordinary and key to the character. Opposed to just...a superspy with 'red in her ledger'

With Joss at the helm? I believe it would have turned out just as great with no one character taking up too much screen time because Joss knew that this was 'The Avengers' and not 'Tony Stark and his amazing friends'. They could've easily gone that route but they didn't. X1 was a good story to introduce you to the X-Men with Wolverine, Magneto, and Rogue at the forefront however X2 and X3 was simply 'Wolverine and the X-Men'.

I believe that a lot of people who saw Avengers hadn't seen all of the individual movies; the film was just a big summer event.

I'd go even further and say that The Avengers managed to get the people who'd rarely bother with a superhero movie, period.

And IMO the main difference between it and DoFP is that it was basically a first film in the new series and worked as an introduction to the characters. Rather than a next installment in a 10-year-old franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"