Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bishop is a cool character, and I'd be glad if he is in, but Id preffer Kitty as the traveler, for two reasons, one, because she was the star of the comic arc and would be a great nod, and two, because we need a girl on the 70's x-men, and even if the movie already starts with a new female on the 70's, Id like to see Kitty meeting FC team, specially James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult

Bishop as time traveler defeats the entire purpose of doing DOFP.Giving him the crutical role of time traveler doesn't allow for much Interaction between 2 casts.
And I don't want them looking at 90's animated show and not comic version
when adopting this story

it would allow for interaction, just not the interaction some original trilogy fans want

I didn't find Kitty Pryde's role as time traveler to be particularly interesting in the original storyline.

Bishop being the time traveler's makes perfect sense. Seeing as how that's...what he is.

Omar Syl is bishop.

i'm calling it now.

Its kinda a writing on the wall!:woot:

i don't think there will be a reboot any time soon, not for a long long long long long long time

As long as DOFP doesn't flop. The reboot will probably happen in the next decade or sometime in the 2030s and I will already be in my 40s at that decade. Its a long time!

Last edited:
Bishop is a cool character, and I'd be glad if he is in, but Id preffer Kitty as the traveler, for two reasons, one, because she was the star of the comic arc and would be a great nod, and two, because we need a girl on the 70's x-men, and even if the movie already starts with a new female on the 70's, Id like to see Kitty meeting FC team, specially James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult

I get your reasons for Kitty being the time traveler. But I don't think she had enough importance in the previous films that she should be the sole time traveler. Best solution for this is to send at least 2 people in the past.

Bishop as time traveler defeats the entire purpose of doing DOFP.Giving him the crutical role of time traveler doesn't allow for much Interaction between 2 casts.
And I don't want them looking at 90's animated show and not comic version
when adopting this story

I don't think it defeats the entire purpose of DOFP. If Bishop is the one that tells X-Men to go back to the past to save the future, then why can't he travel to the past too. Just because we haven't seen him before in a X-Men movie, he doesn't deserve to save the fate of the mutants by travelling to the past.

Argument for me against that one would be Wolverine: Jackman aint gonna play him forever, and Logan will not be absent from any present day line up. They are gonna have to recast him eventually, whichever way they go (continuation or reboot).

I don't think FOX will reboot this until the mid 20s. If Harrison Ford was able to play Indiana Jones in the 4th Indiana Jones movies, 10 to 15 years after the last one. I could see Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine even if he's already in his 60s.

Last edited:
I get your reasons for Kitty being the time traveler. But I don't think she had enough importance in the previous films that she should be the sole time traveler. Best solution for this is to send at least 2 people in the past.

that argument contradicts with your Bishop comment to marvelrobb, lol

Ive read comments like that previously on the board, but we have to take into account something, X-men universe is huge, so if they want to expand the universe, each character has to be introduce sooner or later, and maybe the introduction of some characters arent as lead roles, but more as supporting characters, to get a better role on the next movie. That's how all the comics, franchises, tv show, and all work.

Just because one character didnt have a big role on one movie/episode/comic number doesnt mean that character shouldnt have a great role and arc on upcoming movies/episodes/comic numbers.

So would be cool to see more fans understanding this and to be open to the idea of some "less known characters/actors" getting a better moment/arc on future sequels, including DOFP.

But i wasn't saying Bishop should be the sole time traveler, if he's going to travel to the past, Wolverine and Storm should join him.

Storm needs to stay In future.If they are going to have 2 time travelers It should be Wolverine and Rogue.

Storm traveling? please NO!!!

I really dont see Halle Berry sharing scenes with the younger actors, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult and co.

it would look really weird to me. Same with Hugh. We already saw Hugh sharing scenes with teenagers on X2. I think they should avoid the same feeling again.

Wolverine/Hugh Jackman is the star of the original trilogy, of course he's gonna time travel! They are not gonna waste this opportunity not to give him a scene with James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender.

If there's physical time travel of course Hugh Jackman will be going to past so he can interact with James Mcavoy,Michael Fassbender,and maybe Jennifer Lawrence.

If majority of the film will take place in the 1970s then Hugh Jackman is traveling back to 1970s.

I PRAY you two are wrong, lol

Hugh should stay on the future, with Halle and most of the rest. All of them can shine like never before there.

If Hughs ends being the traveler, I will be mad during some months, tho I will end accepting some day, of course.

but again, I really hope you are wrong.

Part of the purpose of DOFP was to have the classic major characters in the future killed (This issue....Everyone Dies!!")

Wolverine, Storm & Colossus all bit the dust. Seems a bit too much against the grain to have a number of the modern day x-men going back. If Bishop is in this have one go back with him, preferably just Kitty.

And I want to see Logan get fried. It will never happen again, would be a shame to waste that eye candy opportunity.

Might have to do a manip of that to tide my blood thirst over...:oldrazz:

even If Wolverine doesn't time travel there Is possibilty of seeing 1973 version post team X and Pre Adamanturm.If say they keep time travel like Original comic and have Xavier be one who chanes mind with younger self he may seek out Wolverine for help.

I PRAY you two are wrong, lol

Hugh should stay on the future, with Halle and most of the rest. All of them can shine like never before there.

If Hughs ends being the traveler, I will be mad during some months, tho I will end accepting some day, of course.

but again, I really hope you are wrong.

I'm just being realistic. I doubt they are gonna let the most popular character in the series to just fight at the future and be killed by the Sentinels, let the FC cast and Shadowcat have all the action in the 70s in a cross-over film.

even If Wolverine doesn't time travel there Is possibilty of seeing 1973 version post team X and Pre Adamanturm.If say they keep time travel like Original comic and have Xavier be one who chanes mind with younger self he may seek out Wolverine for help.

I don't think thats gonna happen. They are not gonna let the present/future Wolverine to go back to the past but they are gonna recruit Wolverine's 70s version to help the FC cast. It just sounds like a mess. Plus that would require more introduction to the 70s Wolverine than the present Wolverine just traveling to the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"