Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
sadly agree.

I preffer Sinister and Apocalypse before another movie centered on Phoenix saga. Even if the X3 version was really poor and the comic one has huge potential.

Jean and Scott still can have great plots, if Sinister is in the mix, so I preffer new stuff instead of a Jean/Phoenix centered movie

The notion of a live-action Sinister and Apocalypse film makes me so giddy. Their stories were some of my favorite from the comics.

Ya gotta feel bad for Rebecca Romijn, Famke Jansen, and James Marsden. They were in the original trilogy and deserve to be in this one.

Ya gotta feel bad for Rebecca Romijn, Famke Jansen, and James Marsden. They were in the original trilogy and deserve to be in this one.

Yeah, but I think with the more you add the more difficult it could be to manage all the characters.

Rebecca could still be In film.Unfortunly James Marsden and Famke Janssen can only be In
film with a cameo at end.

No matter what you think of his 2000's work on X-Titles I consider his work from 1975 to 1991 quentessal X-men.He helped create a lot of characters we know today.

Yes, like Psylocke!

Hopefully, the thing Bryan is trying to fix is how they mishandled Dark Phoenix .. if changing the events in a post X3 world somehow places them right after X2 in DoFP, I would fully be behind the idea. Maybe have a hint of Phoenix rising then end DoFP there, leading to the next movie being based on their unused X3 treatment.

Everyone will be alive and well and we will finally get a true Dark Phoenix saga adaptation. I think enough time has passed, and even so, Phoenix saga is one of the best storyline, this route should redeem it.

There are hundreds of storylines in the comic-books. FOX already released a movie about the Dark Phoenix. It sucked and Bryan Singer didn't direct the movie but they should just move on with new stories. They shouldn't go back and re-tell the Dark Phoenix saga just because the first one sucked. For casual viewers, it would look like they are running out of ideas if they are gonna do the Phoenix thing again.

Its not about who deserves it the most. The directors, writers and producers have to take into account what happened in the previous movies. And in order to deliver a great story, you just can't include every character in the movie.

Last edited:
The ship carrying the cinematic interpretation of the Dark Phoenix Saga has sailed...far, far away.

There are so many storylines in the comic-books that they can adapt like Age of Apocalypse, Mutant Massacre, Fatal Attractions, Decimation, Phalanx Covenant, Operation Zero Tolerance, etc...

And there are so many characters that they haven't introduce yet, X-Men members like Psylocke, Sunfire, Bishop (I hope Omar Sy plays him), Polaris, Dazzler, Forge, etc. Villains like Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Shadow King, Onslaught, Bastion, Spiral, Omega Red, Selene, Vulcan, etc.

They could actually make 20 movies if its possible to make a X-Men movie with just a budget of $10 million per film. So no need to go back to the storylines that didn't work in the past, just move on with something new, things that haven't done in a X-Men movie before.

They could actually make 20 movies if its possible to make a X-Men movie with just a budget of $10 million per film. So no need to go back to the storylines that didn't work in the past, just move on with something new, things that haven't done in a X-Men movie before.

Agreed :up:

If I had to watch two movies tell almost the exact story of Spiderman's origins and the death of Uncle Ben, it isn't too much to ask for another movie that deals with the Phoenix and does it well. I don't expect it to happen anytime soon at all, but I can dream.

The ship carrying the cinematic interpretation of the Dark Phoenix Saga has sailed...far, far away.

For this series certainly. When Fox reboot everything (and they will eventually) they might have another go at it. With Marvel having proved Cosmic elements in CBM's can be a workable (and very lucrative) a reboot with that in place early on would set up a true retelling of her story.

That being said having already been done, however inadequately, does take any surprise out of the finale for the GA were not aware of how the story ended before seeing it played out in X3 (this doesn't mean they can't still do it. Plenty of films are remade with the originals major plot points and endings staying the same, but with a lot more material to choose from with X-Men they might be better off just going with something else).

For this series certainly. When Fox reboot everything (and they will eventually) they might have another go at it. With Marvel having proved Cosmic elements in CBM's can be a workable (and very lucrative) a reboot with that in place early on would set up a true retelling of her story.

That being said having already been done, however inadequately, does take any surprise out of the finale for the GA were not aware of how the story ended before seeing it played out in X3 (this doesn't mean they can't still do it. Plenty of films are remade with the originals major plot points and endings staying the same, but with a lot more material to choose from with X-Men they might be better off just going with something else).
I doubt a lot of people in the GA remembers much from X2 and X3. If they reuse the phoenix in a multi-film manner then it will feel like something completely new to most people.

So are there not more cast members from FC returning? This seems to be more of an original trilogy film with a few FC members thrown in.

they already have 2 casts worth of screen time to share out which include past and present versions of the same character so i can see why not every character can return

that being said i think there is so much build up for this film that a few fans may be disappointed with at least 1 characters screen time being smaller then the others

Last edited:
I'm sure if there's an X-Men reboot and Jean is involved, we will see elements of the Phoenix storyline again. The actual "Phoenix" part of her storyline wasn't the best handled part of the franchise, either.

I'm sure if there's an X-Men reboot and Jean is involved, we will see elements of the Phoenix storyline again. The actual "Phoenix" part of her storyline wasn't the best handled part of the franchise, either.

i don't think there will be a reboot any time soon, not for a long long long long long long time

I see this franchise as a Star Wars format. I still think FC needs a trilogy. Not a one-off with DoFP. I think DoFP is the way to bridge the two sagas while preserving and leaving for an open ended future. But I don't think you can bridge it all in one movie. It needs to be done over the course of at least two movies. Ideally, you'd have done it like the Matrix sequels, where you had one movie predominantly in the future and the other movie in the past. Ultimately, I'd like to see a third movie that provides a seemless transition between the prequels and the altered timeline of where the original trilogy may have taken place. Depending on what they set up in the third movie, they can go in any direction really.

I think the next trilogy should be about the original roster again. Returning Beast, Cyclops, Jean, and Storm, possibly Xavier since he may never have died in the new timeline. This is when you can adapt some classic stories. Sinister, Apocalypse, and perhaps the Pheonix saga again, since Jean is back in play. That gives you 9 solid films to look back on. Hopefully spinoffs in the meantime as fillers between this trilogy and the next trilogy. Beyond that, you can look at a future trilogy with X-Factor or any other future roster... way, way down the line.

Last edited:
i don't think there will be a reboot any time soon, not for a long long long long long long time

Possibly. If the new FF film shares the same universe and does well too they might be looking at going for a Star Wars style continuation, with a mostly new line up team picking up in the 'present' day after X3/DOFP (it's now 7 years and counting since X3 so they could do that).

Then in a few years time Fox can have an FF/X-Men crossover to try and draw the same kind of mega bucks Avengers enjoyed (I think the only other property they have atm is Daredevil?)

Argument for me against that one would be Wolverine: Jackman aint gonna play him forever, and Logan will not be absent from any present day line up. They are gonna have to recast him eventually, whichever way they go (continuation or reboot).

No.It went to disney where It will sit on the shelf for whoknows how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"