Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why waste the role of a time traveller?? Eh why not huh? I mean he will be the main character and they will be actually doing something useful with him. Wolverine has had already two solo flicks, he can be sidelined so we can get other mutants to have their moments to shine. It's bad enough, Singer is robbing Kitty pride of her storyline from the comics giving it to Wolvie instead when there's another X-Man character that can travel back in time instead of him.:o

I disagree, the likes of actors such Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are bankable names and respected actors, they alone can fill seats in the theatres. :whatever:

Wolverine is getting over-used now. He already has his own solo movies and he gets the spotlight again in the X-Men movies?? Come on, there a lot of mutants in the X-Men universe we also want to see. As I already said, Beast can travel back in time why not him? Some people here are just ignorant and won't face the fact that FOX is ****ing Wolvie.:o

Really? We have an entire thread dedicated to the topic of Wolverine being overused, and its brought up in virtually every thread here...at least once per day. But you're going to go for the "you people are ignorant" stance?

I suggest you catch up on the other threads and tone down your attitude. You seem to be ignoring the logic being presented by the people who are basically agreeing with you.

Well that and having to drag her unconscious body around a war zone to preserve the connection.

Like what exactly?? Have you seen the movie???:o

You really wanna go there? Because I'm pretty sure this entire tantrum of yours is based on assumption and not from you actually having seen the movie either.

At least my assumption that Beast will have a prominent role in Days of Future Past is based on the fact that he has a prominent role in First Class and is one of the handful of returning First Class characters featured in a movie of which the majority takes place in his time period. Almost every single set picture of Wolverine in 1973 also includes Beast.

He keeps changing his position from giving other members more screetime to rebooting the franchise.

Really? We have an entire thread dedicated to the topic of Wolverine being overused, and its brought up in virtually every thread here...at least once per day. But you're going to go for the "you people are ignorant" stance?

I suggest you catch up on the other threads and tone down your attitude. You seem to be ignoring the logic being presented by the people who are basically agreeing with you.

I'm sorry if anyone got offended. I was just voicing my opinion and trying to raise a point. I mentioned that I just wanna see other mutants be used and have their time to shine you know, instead of getting Wolvie being the centre of attention every God damn time.Im truly sorry if I have annoyed you in any way :( I love the X-Men but so far I'm not happy with what Fox has been doing with the franchise at all.:o

He keeps changing his position from giving other members more screetime to rebooting the franchise.

I said either give other mutants a chance to shine or reboot the franchise in the future. Or Actually give the Rights back to Marvel. Any of those would suit me :)

You really wanna go there? Because I'm pretty sure this entire tantrum of yours is based on assumption and not from you actually having seen the movie either.

At least my assumption that Beast will have a prominent role in Days of Future Past is based on the fact that he has a prominent role in First Class and is one of the handful of returning First Class characters featured in a movie of which the majority takes place in his time period. Almost every single set picture of Wolverine in 1973 also includes Beast.

Actually its not an assumption that Wolvie is travelling back in time. I have the leaked footage which confirms that Wolvie is in fact time travelling. :)
Look I'm sorry if I came off as being rude and ignorant, like I said I love the X Men but I'm not happy with what Fox has done so far. Let's hope I'm wrong when the movie comes out but as it stands right now, im not happy at all :/

I'm sorry if anyone got offended. I was just voicing my opinion and trying to raise a point. I mentioned that I just wanna see other mutants be used and have their time to shine you know, instead of getting Wolvie being the centre of attention every God damn time.Im truly sorry if I have annoyed you in any way :( I love the X-Men but so far I'm not happy with what Fox has been doing with the franchise at all.:o

You've been doing neither. If you'd actually taken a moment to look at the threads of this forum, you would plainly see that this subject has its own thread and is already being discussed. You're far from the first one to bring it up.

Like it or not, there are logical reasons why Wolverine is being used as the time traveller, which people were nicely trying explain to you. The next time, try paying attention to what they're saying and knock it off on the temper fits, eye-rolling, and accusations of ignorance.

It's fine if you're sick of seeing Wolverine, but try expressing that opinion without freaking out on everyone.

Look I'm sorry if I came off as being rude and ignorant, like I said I love the X Men but I'm not happy with what Fix has done so far. Let's hope I'm wrong when the movie comes out but as it stands right now, im not happy at all :/

I have a feeling there is going to be plenty of right and wrong to go around when the movie finally comes out. And I think everyone is hoping that every character gets their time to shine and that it isn't simply the Wolverine show, despite him being the time traveler.

You've been doing neither. If you'd actually taken a moment to look at the threads of this forum, you would plainly see that this subject has its own thread and is already being discussed. You're far from the first one to bring it up.

Like it or not, there are logical reasons why Wolverine is being used as the time traveller, which people were nicely trying explain to you. The next time, try paying attention to what they're saying and knock it off on the temper fits, eye-rolling, and accusations of ignorance.

It's fine if you're sick of seeing Wolverine, but try expressing that opinion without freaking out on everyone.

not really, I understand the reasons that people have given me but considering how much we don't know about the film (apart from the leaked footage) I would think Beast could be able to time travel BUT one poster did mention how he had a prominent role in FC. So I dunno, can't cry over spilt milk I guess. :/

Anyways guys, what are you looking forward to seeing in this film?? I hope Singer doesn't mess this up *fingers crossed*

I have a feeling there is going to be plenty of right and wrong to go around when the movie finally comes out. And I think everyone is hoping that every character gets their time to shine and that it isn't simply the Wolverine show, despite him being the time traveler.

Good point :up: How big a role do you think Storm will have???:)

I remember a time when we were all excited for DOFP... Kinda sucks some are focused on Wolverine being "one" of the leads in the film. Remember, he's not "THE" lead character...just one. I consider the leads to be McAvoy/Stewart, McKellen/Fassbende, Jennifer Lawrence and Jackman.

And as many have said, with the mind swap, I'm sure there's going to be a logical reason it's Wolverine going through with the mindswap.

As why it couldn't be Beast or Mystique doing the mindswap? My best guess: They're either dead or imprisoned.

When the trailers get released that will change, then the same complaints will come till the movie is released haha. Lack of news right now.

Anyways guys, what are you looking forward to seeing in this film?? I hope Singer doesn't mess this up *fingers crossed*

I want to see how Hank deals with mutation, especially now that he'll have a different, better look.

In addition to to seeing Storm strike Sentinel ass, Halle Berry said that we'll learn something about Storm that will give us insight into who she is, so I wonder what that is (if it isn't claustrophobia).

I liked the political aspect of the comic, so I think it's great that it'll be expanded as the film goes global with it.

Seeing an older, hardened Iceman freezing Sentinel ass.

Colossus possibly having more than one line this time (he could have two), and, yes, kicking Sentinel ass.

Fassbender's Magneto as a villain and his interaction with Quicksilver.

And of course the possible return of :cyclops:

I can't believe that the person throwing hissy fits is actually advocating for an action/sci-fi movie where Kelsey Grammer is the lead.

I don't even know where to begin with that one. Maybe watch the new Transformers instead, where he plays the villain. :oldrazz:

I don't consider any of the first class actors leads. X-Men is a true ensemble film if there ever was one. But if i were to choose who were the leads it would be the ones who were in X1, X2, and X3. But as the case is..all are leads imo.

Clearly you never read the original comic run. It worked for Kitty there because she had a youger self in the 70s for them to switch her mind with. That's the whole element of time travel being used here.

Seeing as there's no Kitty (or Rogue or Storm right now) in the 70s in the movieverse it's makes absolute sense that Wolverine is the vessel.

Well they could have gone the cartoon version route, and had Bishop been the time traveler, eliminating the "mind travel" bit.

I personally would have preferred Bishop as the time traveler to Wolverine, but it is what it is. I just hope Bishop is given a solid role in the future portion. By solid, I don't mean size, but just quality. Bishop is one of the sleepers in this movie for me. He's not a top favorite of mine or anything, but I'm really excited to see what is in store for him.

I'm no hater or anything, I'm a huge X-men fan but the people at Fox need to let go of Wolverine. There are a lot of mutants out there. I wanna see them on screen without Wolvie being the centre of attention.

I liked x-2, it's a great movie without a doubt but some of the mutants powers have been powered down except for a few. Rogue was watered down a lot, Storm (wasn't until X-3 when she flew, correct me if I'm wrong), Jean *sigh*

I'm Glad Hugh Jackman said that Days of Future Past might be his last X-Man movie. I'm hoping that's true. And f*@k Singer for not making Cyclops the leader of the team -__-

You can blame the X-Men comics for Wolverine being the center of attention.

P.S.: Storm flew in the first X-Men.

Also, Singer did make Cyclops the leader of the team. That is pretty clearly established in X-Men, X2, and yes, even X-Men: The Last Stand.

See for yourself ;)
58415L.jpg

But in all fairness Singer could have done better than that -_-. They looked awesome in X-Men 3, well the head anyway.

Wolverine-fights-a-sentinel-like-robot-in-X-Men-Last-Stand.jpg

The whole X-Men universe is f@*cked up lol xD Just reboot the series already.:cmad:

No... just no.

As much as I love X-Men: The Last Stand there is no way that Sentinel head looks better than the Sentinels we are getting in X-Men: Days Of Future Past. No way. The current Sentinels look amazing.

And reboot? Yea, no thanks.

Agreed. When the movie finally does come out, people have taken such firm stances on about 1000 different subjects, there's going to be some massive disappointment rushing through this forum.

I just hope that, should I be the one disappointed (I.E.: the predictions I have made for this movie regarding things like Cyclops, Jean Grey, alternate realities, re-written continuity, etc.) that if I'm wrong, things are done in a well enough manner that it doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the film.

When the trailers get released that will change, then the same complaints will come till the movie is released haha. Lack of news right now.

Complaints will never stop. Welcome to internet fanboyism.

Well they could have gone the cartoon version route, and had Bishop been the time traveler, eliminating the "mind travel" bit.

I personally would have preferred Bishop as the time traveler to Wolverine, but it is what it is. I just hope Bishop is given a solid role in the future portion. By solid, I don't mean size, but just quality. Bishop is one of the sleepers in this movie for me. He's not a top favorite of mine or anything, but I'm really excited to see what is in store for him.

We don't know anything about Bishop though. I think it works better with an already established character. And since Wolvie will be in the past, the OT get to fight Sentinels without him. :up:

Ooo I never thought of that! Maybea good thing for the OT

I don't get the singer hate.

He pioneered the Blockbuster Marvel sub-genre.

He directed two of the best X-Men movies with one of those being the second best Marvel CBM.

And he produced the second best X-Men movie.

"In spite of everything you've done for them. Eventually they will hate you."- Green Goblin

See- Donner, Burton, Raimi, Favreau, Nolan and soon-to-be Whedon.

Singer, Donner, burton, Raimi, Favreau & Nolan certainly earned their praises

I hope for a recast of the OT team, I don't see characters getting the development they need without it and because i want the colourful costumes. I don't want them back at Marvel, that is just a terrible idea and some people just can't see that they will not work in the universe that Marvel Disney are creating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"