Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wolverine takes place several years after TLS according to James Mangold. Just because Yukio had been tracking him for a year doesn't mean that its been a year since he left the X-Men. She could have started tracking him two years, or one year, or three years after he left and it took a year to find him. The post-credit scene takes place two years after the main movie (where's Yukio, plot for possible Wolverine 3).

But in her files of intel she got while tracking him was pictures from Logan and Storm at Alkali Lake from X-Men 3.

So she was obviously tracking him during that period of time.

When will we get a trailer? What will it be attached to?

Don't know if this was posted, but Ellen Page on DOFP:
I don’t think I can tease you at all, ’cause I’d probably get my head chopped off if I said something I shouldn't, but all I can say is that I think it’s gonna be really incredible and I think what Bryan is making is ambitious and exciting, and I know he’ll pull it off, and I’m just totally stoked to be back.

http://www.slashfilm.com/superhero-bits-510/

Wish they'd ask her how much fighting she'll be doing. She could say, "Yeah, I do a lot of fighting..." and not really be all that spoilery.

But in her files of intel she got while tracking him was pictures from Logan and Storm at Alkali Lake from X-Men 3.

So she was obviously tracking him during that period of time.
Not necessarily. She could have gotten that from someone else.

Not necessarily. She could have gotten that from someone else.

But that's not what the movie implied.

Xavier could have been caretaking the mansion for his braindead twin brother as well, but that's not established in the movie. The school being run by Xavier is.

Just like Yukio tracking Logan at Alkali Lake is established in The Wolverine.

From the sounds of it they track him down ask him to do probably one thing and then he's gone again. Plus we see him briefly in the army. With almost all of his filming being 2nd unit it means the majority of the little amount of screen time he'll get isn't pivotal to the plot.

As I recall he also barely filmed at all. Havok is basically a cameo from the looks of things.

I think he''ll have at least 2 scenes, so that crosses out a cameo role.

A cameo is just 1 scene.

But that's not what the movie implied.

Xavier could have been caretaking the mansion for his braindead twin brother as well, but that's not established in the movie. The school being run by Xavier is.

Just like Yukio tracking Logan at Alkali Lake is established in The Wolverine.

No it doesn't. The Alkali Lake photos could very well have just been included with the rest of the information she was given along with the Origins photo that was clipped the front of the folder. Just because she had those photos doesn't mean she was there tracking him when they were taken.

No it doesn't. The Alkali Lake photos could very well have just been included with the rest of the information she was given along with the Origins photo that was clipped the front of the folder. Just because she had those photos doesn't mean she was there tracking him when they were taken.

Who took the pictures then? Someone else was tracking him other than the person that said she was tracking him for over a year? And the movie takes place a year after the last stand and she had a photo of him from the last stand...

Who took the pictures then? Someone else was tracking him other than the person that said she was tracking him for over a year? And the movie takes place a year after the last stand and she had a photo of him from the last stand...

Where'd she get the photo from Origins that was clipped to the folder?

Just because she had X3-era photos in her folder doesn't mean she was the one who took them. She could very well have been the one who took them, no one is saying she wasn't, but the movie doesn't say so either way. She just says that she's been tracking him for over a year, and he glances at a folder with an Origins photo of him clipped to the outside and a photo of him and Storm at Alkali Lake and another of him, Storm, and Xavier outside Jean's house. There was other stuff in there, but we don't get to see it.

Yukio could have just as likely been given that folder with those photos anytime after X3.

Yukio was tracking him for a year.

Logan re-meets Xavier and Magneto 2 years after The Wolverine.

DOFP is set ten years after X3

Going by that then it looks like Yukio starts tracking him around 7 years after X3

Yukio was tracking him for a year.

Logan re-meets Xavier and Magneto 2 years after The Wolverine.

DOFP is set ten years after X3

Going by that then it looks like Yukio starts tracking him around 7 years after X3

No. X3 and The Wolverine are not far apart. DoFP is ten years after those two films.

That would mean Logan meets Xavier and Magneto a good few years before the events of DOFP

Where'd she get the photo from Origins that was clipped to the folder?

Just because she had X3-era photos in her folder doesn't mean she was the one who took them. She could very well have been the one who took them, no one is saying she wasn't, but the movie doesn't say so either way. She just says that she's been tracking him for over a year, and he glances at a folder with an Origins photo of him clipped to the outside and a photo of him and Storm at Alkali Lake and another of him, Storm, and Xavier outside Jean's house. There was other stuff in there, but we don't get to see it.

Yukio could have just as likely been given that folder with those photos anytime after X3.

The movie doesn't explicitly say one way or another, but it does give evidence in one direction, and no evidence in the other direction.

"I've been tracking you for over a year"

*hands him a file of intel that she's compiled while tracking him*

*included is a picture of Logan and Storm at Alkali Lake from the events of X-Men 3*

Logical thinking would deduce that she was tracking him during the events of X-Men 3.

The movie doesn't indicate that other people were tracking him. It confirms that Yukio was. So we can't assume other people were tracking him.

She hands him a folder while saying she's been tracking him. We have to assume that this is the info she compiled on him. We can't assume that it's info other people gave her, because that's not supported by the story.

Meanwhile, I never noticed the picture of Logan from Origins: Wolverine, but it was likely a picture that was taken during his military days. Which would be official record, and wouldn't need tracking to find.

That would mean Logan meets Xavier and Magneto a good few years before the events of DOFP

Yes it would, and considering that the world isn't an apocalyptic wasteland when Xavier and Magneto meet Logan, it's safe to say that a significant amount of time has passed since their encounter in the airport.

Afterall, Magneto states that humanity "is building", as in present tense, a weapon to bring an end to their kind. Not that the weapon is already built and the apocalyptic takeover has already happened.

Don't see why. It's pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back